TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE SummerSlam 2008

I assume the meetings prior to the PPV go something like this...

"We need to cut some time somewhere."

"Let's just cut the ECW match down to 20 seconds."

"Great idea!"

Seriously, ECW matches on PPVs are just such a waste. The only one that comes to mind as actually being good and worthwhile was the Punk/Miz/Morrison triple threat from Survivor Series.

I assume the meetings prior to the PPV go something like this...

"We need to cut some time somewhere."

"Let's just cut the ECW match down to 20 seconds."

"Great idea!"

Seriously, ECW matches on PPVs are just such a waste. The only one that comes to mind as actually being good and worthwhile was the Punk/Miz/Morrison triple threat from Survivor Series.

I seem to remember Sabu/Big Show being not too bad, despite it being obvious that Sabu had no shot.

I think that a Hardy Boyz vs. a bunch of black people feud has some potential.

Oh shit, Michael Hayes is going to get his revenge one way or another.

LOL! :lol:

Credit where it's due.

I think that a Hardy Boyz vs. a bunch of black people feud has some potential.

Hardys v. Shelton/MVP?

I thought it was hilarious how little they think of Matt Hardy by having him announced as the winner as Jeff's music is playing. That whole segment (I won't even call it a match) was stupid though, but I guess that's their way of keeping the chase going a bit. Just thought that shit like that would have been better served on Tuesday night instead.

im a little pissed they are putting punk/jbl before the non title cena/batista match.

oh well.

or even HHH/Kahli

oh shit. i totally forgot about that suck fest. im going to watch it just to see how fucking bad it's going to be. the only matches i have an interest in tonight is this one, and the taker edge HIAC.

so is it pretty much expected that there won't be a big bump in this match?

I though that entire segment was fantastic. It could have definitely been done on Raw, but whatever. I love this feud so much.

If there ever was a ppv calibur angle, that was it. I was totally into everything about it, top notch. I literally had goosebumps when Shawn put Jericho in his place at the end of the promo there (and great crowd reaction too). Then the punch after, holy shit, he stiffed her.....it took a different turn when it turned even more legit feeling by her actually getting potatoed by Jericho, totally hooked me from top to bottom. Now THAT is how you book the next ppv match with those two.....I'm legitimately interested how Michaels is reacting right now to her getting hit legit by Jericho.Even if that "real" part to the segment with the punch hadn't happened, it was strong enough as is. Seriously, I can't say enough how good this all was. The way the announcers sold it too was tremendous.

Wow, what a schmoz in the ECW title match. No good reason for that.

Dude ..she put something inside her lip by her gums ( like a cotton ball) to make it look puffed up. Dont be an idiot.

I though that entire segment was fantastic. It could have definitely been done on Raw, but whatever. I love this feud so much.

If there ever was a ppv calibur angle, that was it. I was totally into everything about it, top notch. I literally had goosebumps when Shawn put Jericho in his place at the end of the promo there (and great crowd reaction too). Then the punch after, holy shit, he stiffed her.....it took a different turn when it turned even more legit feeling by her actually getting potatoed by Jericho, totally hooked me from top to bottom. Now THAT is how you book the next ppv match with those two.....I'm legitimately interested how Michaels is reacting right now to her getting hit legit by Jericho.Even if that "real" part to the segment with the punch hadn't happened, it was strong enough as is. Seriously, I can't say enough how good this all was. The way the announcers sold it too was tremendous.

Dude ..she put something inside her lip by her gums ( like a cotton ball) to make it look puffed up. Dont be an idiot.

Well then they got me because her head popped back real quick when he hit her, never got a really good camera shot on it to see how it really was. But it appeared legitimate to me. Her lip was all cut up and shit, also, besides her lip being puffy.

Ive got a bad feeling this match doesnt end definitively either..

It needs to be a clean finish. That's the way the story was going, for punk to win clean.

You've gotta be shitting me. Did Michael Cole just bring up video games, soda over beer and alternative music over country during a WORLD TITLE MATCH? Seriously? You can't think of anything else to say during the opening minutes of a world title bout? Jesus. What else you got on that card, Cole? "JBL wears a cowboy hat, while CM Punk prefers a skull cap. JBL rides in a limousine, while CM Punk drives a Toyota Prius, King!"

Well then they got me because her head popped back real quick when he hit her, never got a really good camera shot on it to see how it really was. But it appeared legitimate to me. Her lip was all cut up and shit, also, besides her lip being puffy.

Come on dude.