TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

THE Brian Kendrick

This Cruiserweight talent who left then came back to win the tag team title twice is now in the Smackdown main event of the next upcoming PPV.

Now there's actually a snowball's chance in in Hell that Spanky just might be the WWE Champion if the company has the balls to do it.

He'll certainly be a main eventer within the next year (he'll most likely be in the WrestleMania 25 Money In The Bank Ladder match).

So how do you feel about THE Brian Kendrick getting a world title shot? What are your feelings in regards to talent like him getting this kind of push? After working with the company for the amount of time that he has, do you feel he deserves the opportunity? How would he feel if he became the WWE Champion?

He'll certainly be a main eventer within the next year (he'll most likely be in the WrestleMania 25 Money In The Bank Ladder match).

And why do you think this way? I guess by that token, Shelton Benjamin is groomed to be a main eventer too, as he too is in the main event of the PPV, and unlike TBK, he has the US title to help build credibility. This is not to say Benjamin WILL be a main eventer, but rather to debunk the idea that the WWE has any serious long term plans for TBK to become a main eventer.

In fact if anything, I'd say the whole angle is to put over ZEKE as the future main eventer by having him be the intimidating enforcer before breaking out on his own.

Agreed. At the end of the day Kendrick is simply way too small to ever main event. As in smaller than guys like Punk by a substantial margin. Just because the guy had the Big Show toss a bunch of jobbers out of a battle royale some think he is now a bonafide main eventer?

I'd like to see Kendrick keep his array of highspots as a heel, much like Morrison has done in ECW. As much crap as I've given Morrison in the past I can at least say the guy does a lot of enjoyable moves in the ring without it detracting from his heel douchebag persona.

Shelton Benjamin is groomed to be a main eventer too, as he too is in the main event of the PPV, and unlike TBK, he has the US title to help build credibility. This is not to say Benjamin WILL be a main eventer, but rather to debunk the idea that the WWE has any serious long term plans for TBK to become a main eventer.

Supposing Shelton is US Champion by then, I think he'll be defending the title at Wrestlemania hopefully instead of being in the MITB match AGAIN.

I love everything about TBK except his promo delivery. Granted the scripts creative gives him are hardly A1 material but for whatever reason, it seems more obvious than normal whenever The Kendrick delivers his lines.

Kendrick's there for the inevitable Rey Misterio Lawn Dart into the Wall spot when Zeke decides he's moving on up.

Kendrick's there for the inevitable Rey Misterio Lawn Dart into the Wall spot when Zeke decides he's moving on up.

I'm hoping Zeke just chases him out of the building and Kendrick throws the tag title/his jacket on the ground.

Please continue, Porter. The shenanigans won't get in your way now.

Well uhhh thanks I guess. I think that what the WWE is trying to do with Kendrick/Zeke is that they are showing that Zeke is this awesome force that is causing this little shit to win matches he has no business winning. Perhaps it'd make sense to hammer that point at Unforgiven when Kendrick wins a fall thanks to Zeke. Then he can claim "I made Brian F'N Kendrick the WORLD Champion at one point!"

How is Zeke in the ring? Is he even worth pushing?

... like workrate is a prerequisite for a push. See: Great Khali, The. To answer the question though, I was under the impression that he wasn't training to be a wrestler for too long before getting called up. So either he's a natural prodigy in the ring or he's going to be one sucky hoss.

... like workrate is a prerequisite for a push. See: Great Khali, The. To answer the question though, I was under the impression that he wasn't training to be a wrestler for too long before getting called up. So either he's a natural prodigy in the ring or he's going to be one sucky hoss.

That one.

Meanwhile, I'm loving the idea of The Brian Kendrick, simply because it harkens back to old ROH Spanky. And anything resembling that makes me happy.

BRING BACK THE BLUE LEOPARD SKIN TIGHTS!

He's only been a wrestler for 14 months... and his athletic background is football and power lifting.

The only thing that separates him from the other hosses is that he throws a pretty good punch.

I don't know why, but I'm still not sold on The Brian Kendrick. I love the jacket. I like the theme song. I like the dynamic with him and 'Zeke. I'm a big fan of Kendrick as a wrestler and always have been. It's just... I don't know why, but the whole thing hasn't really clicked yet for me.

Much as I like Kendrick, he's not a brilliant promo (especially when people keep comparing his character to someone who was like Brian Pillman). (EDIT: Bearing in mind, I haven't seen this week's Smackdown yet) And his in-ring stuff as a heel needs a little work, because he's working like a guy twice his size and it's not believable to see him dominating guys even a little bigger than him like Super Crazy or Scotty Goldman.

Edited by King Cucaracha

Eh, he's making it work... I mean all he does is kick the shit out of people and keep them grounded... it's not that unbelievable as of now. It's just that it'll be painful to watch him interact with Triple H in the match.

Kendrick as a heel needs to be the sort that sells like a mofo and gets his ass kicked, only to somehow escape with a win via cheating or Zeke running in. He is absolutely NOT the sort who can believably dominate matches with ground based offense. In fact that's probably the worst approach they could take with him, since it limits his moves and bumping.

I'm probably this board's biggest Kendrick mark and I'd be thrilled if he won but I really don't have any expectations that he will. Like Morrison in MITB, he's there to bump around and maybe tease a win but then get the rug pulled out of him at the last minute.