TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE SmackDown - August 29, 2008

Kendrick's promo was awesome!! Well written, well performed. Great stuff.

HHH/Shelton and MVP/Jeff were both good.

Now, I know I'm giving the WWE too much credit, but I think that maybe they are intentionally going over the top with R-Truth's "motivating" story of redemption and adding in the K-Kwik dancing to have Truth come off as a corny do gooder who has lost his edge. Week after week, Truth comes out talking about his new positive path, he saves a few divas, talks trash to a chickenshit (but much cooler) heel like The Brian Kendrick but eventually the crowd turns on him. One day, some diva or lowly face is being beaten down and out runs R-Truth and smacks and runs the heel off and then he beats down the victim as well and cuts a promo reverting him back to the much more likable "The Truth" character from TNA.

No one remarked that Killings still had his TNA theme? That was a nice touch(And the only time you'll see that, though I suppose Jeff Hardy could have since he recorded his own TNA theme too). Though that entrance wasn't the same without the fans yelling "WHAT'S UP!"

But to ignore his prior WWF tenure is annoying, even if just a passing mention like JR saying "Longtime fans may remember him as K-Kwik, but to signify his triumphs over his demons, this young man goes simply by R-Truth, and would like to inspire all the youth to stay true to who they are"

or some such nonsense, at least not try to blantanly erase history like it's 1991 and The Dragon is an exciting newcomer, by saying he just got out of jail or whatever the gimmick is.

No one remarked that Killings still had his TNA theme?

Nope. With the exception of every single person to ever write a house show or TV taping dark match report, Dave Meltzer, Bryan Alvarez, and probably every website that had someone review the show, you are the first to point this out.

To be a bit more educational and a bit less sarcastic, I believe Mr. Killings owns the rights to the song.

Taking out the Vickie/Undertaker stuff, I thought this was the most enjoyable WWE show I'd seen in a long time.

R-Thruth was no-sold by the fans to begin with, but I think they started to come around at the end of the match. It helps that they put him with Dykstra.

Killings dancing has to go. He was sort of a bad ass in his promos and he comes out dancing like a spaz.

Anytime he dances, I'm immediately reminded of "K-Kwik" too much.