Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

The Upcoming Shows/Rumored Fights Thread

TUF Finale- June

Diego Sanchez vs Clay Guida

Joe Stevenson vs Nate Diaz

Brad Blackburn vs Edgar Garcia

Dustin Hazlett vs Anthony Johnson

McLovin' replaces an injured John Howard.

I love that fight. I hate that fight. I don't want to see either guy lose. Fuck.

Both are tall, lanky guys. Reach won't play a factor here. What will play a factor is Johnson using his wrestling to keep the fight standing where he holds an advantage. Not a huge one but one none the less. Early thoughts on this have me leaning towards Johnson slightly. McLovin' sometimes gets goaded into brawls too easily and he can't afford one against Rumble.

This is also a huge step up in competition for Rumble. He got choked out by No Love, destroyed a newbie Tommy Speer, got poked in the eye and then proceeded to head kick Kevin Burns and then beat Fioravanti.

I like the guy, but McLovin is a step above all of these guys.

It's a step-up for Johnson but not nearly as big as you're making it out to be. Hazlett didn't beat anybody of note (don't say Goulet because he sucks) before getting his head kicked off by Koscheck and rebounded with two good victories. That's pretty much as far as it goes.

And again, watch his last three fights. Against Koscheck, Burkman and McCrory he lets himself get wild in the pocket and gets tagged. The thing is, none of those guys have the power of Rumble so if Dustin fights as stupid as he has in the past he'll get touched.

I agree that Rumble has more power than the last three fights Hazlett has had, but don't let the Koscheck loss fool you. He was holding his own real well against Koscheck until that out of nowhere head kick.

Its a big challenge for both fighters.

The biggest challenge in this fight will be for Dustin to find a way to get the fight to the ground. If he can, he'll handle Rumble easily. But Dustin has on the whole pretty average wrestling and if the fight stays standing I think Johnson fustigates him.

EHME will be around here any minute to predict a Johnson KO.

I love the fight.

I'm a big McLovin fan to. Although I like AJ better, I don't want to see Hazelett lose. Puts me in a tough situation. Either fighter winning wouldn't make me dissapointed, these two are the future of the division.

Regardless AJ by KO, heh.

At least against Koscheck McLovin' showed the ability to hang with him for a short time. I think Kos is better than Johnson on his feet but it's still not a place McLovin' wants to be.

Johnson has better head movement, and doesn't throw the same overhand right over and over again. I don't think Kos's stand up is that much if not better then AJ's.

I think Hazellet's best chance in this fight is that, despite being a better wrestler and more powerful striker, Johnson has shown something of a wrestler's instinct when he gets tagged standing, and thus may end up taking Hazellet without thinking. It can be a hard thing to let go of, since most wrestlers aren't as cool with getting bobble-headed as Koscheck.

I don't really need to see Don Frye nearly die in the ring/cage again.

Rahman just recently fought Wladimir Klitschko didn't he? That's not a bad fight for Lashley. If Rahman wants anything more then money, he'd be a fool to take the fight though.

Well, it's going to be neither:

Another update on Lashley's next PPV opponent

Bobby Lashley's camp was told this morning that negotiations with both former boxing heavyweight champ Hasim Rahman and early days MMA legend Don Frye fell through.

Square Ring Promotions, running a PPV on 3/21 from Pensacola, sent Lashley a contract today for a match with Jason Guida (17-19), whose main claim to fame is being Clay's older brother and often fights as a light heavyweight. The contracts have not been signed yet. Guida was chosen for last season's Ultimate Fighter but was waved off the show by the Nevada State Athletic Commission when he was having medical problems in trying to make weight.

Needless to say, this is a major letdown, both for the show, because it's hardly a PPV match by any stretch of the imagination, and for Lashley, who was hoping for a higher profile fighter

F4W

Guida normally fights at LHW, but has had a couple of bouts at MW and routinely steps up to HW on short notice (he got subbed by Michael Russow just last year).

UFC 100

Georges St. Pierre vs Thiago Alves

Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir

Yoshihiro Akiyama vs Alan Belcher

Dan Henderson vs Michael Bisping

Marc Coleman vs Stephan Bonnar

Dong Hyun-Kim vs Jonathan Goulet

A gift from the MMA Gods for Lei Tong after he got BUTT-hurt from the Karo debacle.

Oh, man. Anyone remember the King of the Hill scene where Hank tells Bobby he can have his rose garden? That's me right now.

Though it seems that more and more of my favorites are fighting YPOV's gym mates.

Wow... that's actually kind of interesting. Jones holds a distinct striking and Greco-Roman advantage, but O'Brien is probably a better freestyle wrestler, with the type of stamina to actually take advantage of Jones fatiguing.

Wow, I think I would rather see Jones v. O'Brien and Fitch v. Thiago over Coleman-Bonnar. Although I guess watching Coleman does have the "circus show" type viewing appeal to it.

Wow... that's actually kind of interesting. Jones holds a distinct striking and Greco-Roman advantage, but O'Brien is probably a better freestyle wrestler, with the type of stamina to actually take advantage of Jones fatiguing.

Your hate for black fighters and love of O'Brien is gay.

UFC 101- August

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Randy Couture

Forrest Griffin vs Thiago Silva

Add Melvin Guillard Vs. Thiago Tavares

Also Kevin Burns Vs. Chris Lytle for TUF 9 Finale.