TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

The Upcoming Shows/Rumored Fights Thread

If they added Maia v. Marquardt to that 101 lineup I would be satisfied with the top end of that card.

I know Forrest is a big name, but I was hoping his first match would be a little big bigger of a name than Silva.

I know Forrest is a big name, but I was hoping his first match would be a little big bigger of a name than Silva.

I think this fight makes the most sense. Both were in title contention(with Forrest being the Champ), and are coming off losses where they need to rebound. Winner automatically gets back into contention and will likely be one more fight away from a shot. Good matchmaking on Joe Silva's part.

Is the winner of Bisping-Hendo at 100 most likely the #1 contender to the MW title? I know at 95 they kept hyping Marquardt and Maia as potential #1 contenders, but I took that as the usual "what have you done lately" hyperbole.

In an unrelated note, I saw that Stojnic v. Struve was signed as an undercard bout at 99. I get why it was made due to the international flavor, but I think I couldn't be less excited about a HW fight.

Is the winner of Bisping-Hendo at 100 most likely the #1 contender to the MW title? I know at 95 they kept hyping Marquardt and Maia as potential #1 contenders, but I took that as the usual "what have you done lately" hyperbole.

It depends on both who wins and how they win, as well as if Silva retains next month. Dana has long talked of wanting to headline a stadium show in England with Bisping challenging Silva, so a Silva win next month combined with a convincing Bisping victory over Henderson, could see Dana really get serious about putting the stadium show together.

Affliction looking into going head-to-head with UFC 100?

Affliction going head to head with the UFC when they put their 2 biggest draws(Lesnar and GSP) on the same card? Yeah, who the fuck is going to buy that?

Even if Fedor is fighting Barnett... I'd still order UFC 100 over it.

No one is ever sure when you're serious.

I'm pretty sure you could tell I was being sarcastic, when I was replying to LOTC's sarcastic post. Are you going through your emotional mood swings again?

I heard today on the radio that Affliction is looking to run their show on free (well if you have cable/satellite) channel, maybe Fox Sports. So you wouldn't be buying Affliction instead of UFC.

Me personally, I would just tape Affliction.

Looks like Dustin Hazelett won't fight Rumble at TUF 9 Finale, I've heard rumblings from another forum that he is currently walking around with a knee brace and he won't be healthy in time.

No way Johnson dominates Lytle at this point, IMO. Lytle's technical striking is superior, and he has the chin and balls to wade through the end of Johnson's punches to try and turn the fight into a trench war. Johnson has a wrestling advantage, but Lytle is hardly a novice off of his back, and Johnson's top game is still a bit unproven. I'd favor Johnson, but the fight would be competitive.

UFC 102- August 29th, Philly

Kenny Florian vs BJ Penn

Lorenzo made a post on the UG confirming that this is the date and city and that bout agreement for Florian and Penn are being sorted out.

I've been waiting for Florian/Penn for a while. They should be able to put on a hell of a fight. Just a shame that the blanket Sherk is pretty much the go between for title shots it seems. Guy seems like he can beat everyone but BJ