Tampa Bay at Denver

Buffalo at Arizona

New England at San Francisco

Cincinnati at Dallas

SNF

Pittsburgh at Jacksonville

MNF

Minnesota at New Orleans

I'm suddenly optimistic about the game in Denver. Brian Griese's familiarity with the oxygen-free high altitude of Mile High should limit his interceptions to around the 3 or 4 area.

Predictions:

Early

Kansas City at Carolina: Wow, Chiefs got a big win over Denver this past week. Still, I need to see a bit more before picking them. Carolina by 10.

Chicago at Detroit: The Lions finally fired Matt Millen! And they still suck. Bears by 14.

Atlanta at Green Bay: I'm baffled on this one since we don't know how healthy Rodgers is. That said I can't see the Falcons winning at Lambeau, so I'll take the Packers by 6.

San Diego at Miami: Miami is a mystery right now, but I can't see the trick plays working as well now that someone will have film of it. Chargers by 7, tougher than expected.

Seattle at NY Giants: Without Burress this one will be a decent challenge for the Giants. Still, this is Seattle travelling to the east coast, so the Giants still get the win. NYG by 8.

Washington at Philadelphia: Redskins have been a bit better than expected, but the Eagles now really need to hold serve at home. Philly by 4 in a good game.

Tennessee at Baltimore: This game is so manly it will make hair grow on your chest just watching it. Both teams are awesome on D, but the Titans have a bit better offense. Titans by 7.

Indianapolis at Houston: Oh man, this is the "both teams must win" game of the day. The Colts are coming off a bye, but I just don't see this being their year. So yes, I'll take Houston to get their first win by 1, something like 28-27.

Late

Tampa Bay at Denver: Tampa is winning almost in spite of Griese, yet the Broncos puzzled with that beating from the Chiefs. Still, Denver will find some way to steal this thing 31-28.

Buffalo at Arizona: After that fiasco in NY I am done picking the Cardinals to do anything. Buffalo will stagger for 3 quarters and then turn it on in the 4th to win by 10.

New England at San Francisco: Pats are actually favored by 3 in this one, though I don't exactly know why. Niners are actually fairly tough at home, so I'll take them by 6.

Cincinnati at Dallas: Oh man I wouldn't want to be the hopeless Bengals this week against a likely pissed off Cowboys. Dallas by 17.

SNF

Pittsburgh at Jacksonville: The Jags bore me to tears but the Steelers aren't exactly inspiring much confidence of late. JAX by 2 or so on another Scobee FG.

MNF

Minnesota at New Orleans: Vikings have been a puzzling disappointment thus far and it's hard to see their luck improving in New Orleans. Saints by 4.

Obviously the Lions aren't going anywhere this season, but this is a crucial game for them. Looking at their remaining schedule, you'd be hard pressed to find any victories for them (although "this is the NFL" and anything can happen).

CHI

@ MIN

@ HOU

WAS

@ CHI

JAC

@ CAR

TB

TEN

MIN

@ IND

NO

@ GB

I don't have a horse in the race this week, so I can actually enjoy watching football!

Early

Kansas City at Carolina- KC impressed me beating Denver, but the good times end here against a strong Carolina team.

Chicago at Detroit- Chicago seems to win in spite of itself, but Detroit sucks so I see the Bears winning here

Atlanta at Green Bay- Atlanta can show flashes of being good, but no matter who starts at QB for the Pack, I see them winning at home pretty easily

San Diego at Miami- San Diego has been inconsitent this year to me really, and Miami is coming off a bye week. I want to believe Miami cando this but i can't bring myself to pick the Dolphins in this one. San Diego, but it will be a tough one.

Seattle at NY Giants- Two teams coming off bye weeks. The Giants have impressed me more so I'm taking them.

Washington at Philadelphia- This will be a war. Jason Campell has come of age and Philly took a bad loss in Chicago. Washington rolls on here.

Tennessee at Baltimore- The Steelers showed how to beat the Ravens, so I see the Titans putting the hurt on Flacco again.

Indianapolis at Houston- Indy hasn't looked good at all, I can see the Houston getting over the hump here. It will be close.

Late

Tampa Bay at Denver- I think Denver is finally figured out here. Tampa has a good enough D to stop Cutler and Co., and should run all over the Broncos D. Tampa in an upset.

Buffalo at Arizona- Buffalo continues the magic, but it will more than likely kill their fans in the process

New England at San Francisco- Poor 49ers, they get the Pats after a bye week. At least its at home.Pats win big.

Cincinnati at Dallas- If Dallas loses here, I will eat my hat. Dallas in a romp.

SNF

Pittsburgh at Jacksonville- Is anybody else getting tired of the Steelers shitting it up on National TV. The Jags recover from a slow start to beat the Steelers

MNF

Minnesota at New Orleans- The Saints should put up a lot of points here, but I think this will be a close game that shouldn't be.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

M5Q:

1. Who is the best team in the league?

2. Who is the worst team in the league?

3. Who is going to take a big step forward the next 4 games?

4. Rookie of the year candidates?

5. Other than Brady, what is the most costly injury to have happened so far?

Dallas.

St. Louis. By far, I should add.

The Colts. Their schedule tells me they had better.

Joe Flacco. Um, Felix Jones if he can get more carries. If Darren McFadden wasn't injured, he'd be in the conversation.

The Raiders would be 3-1 if McFadden was healthy and able to run the ball at full strength. Clock would've been killed, two wins in place of two losses. So that's pretty important. But the worst injury loss was, by far, Shawne Merriman.

M5Q:

1. I think it just might be the Giants. They look the most solid in all areas.

2. This isn't close, it's the Rams. Just awful everywhere. Collectively, they probably have the worst group of linemen (offence and defence) in the league.

3. That requires a look at the schedule...I like Chicago to go at least 3-1, maybe 4-0, with the opponents they have (Detroit twice, @ Atlanta, Minnesota).

4. I think Chris Johnson of the Titans leads the race right now. I also like Joe Flacco of the Ravens.

5. Has to be Shawne Merriman. The Charger defence just looks really ordinary without him in there.

M5Q:

1. I would say the best team in the league as of NOW? I would say the Dallas Cowboys still. Buffalo has been impressive in their 4-0 start, but the teams that they have played so far have a combined recored of 4-11 so far. Honestly I would like to see how the Bills do after their bye week, where they play the Chargers, Dolphins, Jets and Patriots with two of those being on the road. Dallas still has the big guns, can score points in a hurry, a decent defense and just play in a murderous division. I just can't hold the Redskin loss against them right now.

2. The Rams easily are the worst team in the league. No O line what so ever, a midseason coaching change and malcontent superstars are a toxic mix. They won't go winless, but I see a 1-15 team in the making.

3. I'll be a homer here and say the Raiders after the bye week will start turning some heads in the football world. I don't think Lane Kiffin is going to get fired this season (its going to happen after the season) and to be honest has the team playing hard. After the Denver game, the Raiders have looked like a respectable team (albeit 1-3 so far, but have played teams with a combined 10-6 record), and they had an opportunity to win the Buffalo and San Diego games late. I don't expect more than 7 wins, but I think things are starting to click and we will see a team that will make some nice strides the next couple of weeks.

The real answer is the Buffalo Bills. I have no doubt that they will be 5-0 after the Arizona game and then they go into their bye week. Their next four games are rough but if they go either 2-2 or 3-1, during that strech then the Bills will rightfully be an AFC Super Bowl contender.

4. AFC- Joe Flacco, NFC- Felix Jones

5. I'll go with the Devin Hester injury. The guy is like 50 percent of the Bear offense.

1. Dallas.

2. St. Louis.

3. Indy. The early bye week will help them work out the kinks.

4. Matty Ice and DeSean Jackson should be in the conversation.

5. It's not a single injury, but the multiple injuries at WR for the Seahawks has made that team look like a bit of a mess. Shawne Merriman going down hasn't done the Chargers any favors. Richard Collier losing both his leg and his ability to walk gets an honorable mention.

Tennessee Titans easily. They are 4-0 and have scored 102 points while allowing an NFL 2nd lowest 46 (playing 1 more game than leaders Giants & Ravens)

St. Louis Rams easy. They've allowed 147 points on the year!

Baltimore Ravens. Played the Steelers into OT and have a great defense as usual. They just need the offense to come around and Flacco has a big enough arm for the deep throw while Ray Rice should be a contributor at RB if their O-Line can hold up.

Quite a few actually... Jerod Mayo on the defensive side but Darren McFadden, Joe Flacco, Steve Slaton (Watch him), and DeSean Jackson are all making names for themselves in the race. Can't believe I forgot Chris Johnson :bag:

The Steelers running game woes. They pretty much build their offense around the run game and with Willie Parker & Mendenhall both injured, Roethlisberger is gonna get smashed around like a rag doll while trying to throw it 45+ times to win a game.

Well damn I was wrong. Tom Cable has coached at Idaho and UCLA recently and was the O-line coach for the Falcons and Raiders. He at least has some head coaching experience. This actually may work out. Who knows.

I wish Lane Kiffin the best however. He just wasn't the right fit at this time. Hopefully he has learned some lessons from this and can land on his feet. As for the Raiders, it sucks we fired another coach, but promoting Tom Cable may just what the doctor ordered. I think this guy can turn around this ship. Like I said earlier, the NFL is about winning now, not developing head coaches for the future. Well, now that at least the distraction is gone, I look forward to the rest of the season. Hopefully the team can rally together and start winning some games.

Yeah, it looks like benching Bulger was a pretty horrible coaching move by Linehan. Probably cost him his job.

Lane should come work with his dad in Tampa for the rest of the season. Having two offensive geniuses on staff is better than just having one, right? Plus, he could see what a functioning NFL franchise looks like.

Well, now that at least the distraction is gone, I look forward to the rest of the season. Hopefully the team can rally together and start winning some games.

This firing "for cause" business seems like an open invitation for legal action and continued distraction.

SNF

Pittsburgh at Jacksonville- Is anybody else getting tired of the Steelers shitting it up on National TV. The Jags recover from a slow start to beat the Steelers

As a Steeler fan I kind of am. It's cool when you get the Prime Time games now and then, but on the East Coast you kind of expect to get most of your games Sunday at 1:00 and you can work around that time. This year the Steelers have 3 Sunday 1:00 games with the chance that one of them could be flexed at the end of the year.

Well damn I was wrong. Tom Cable has coached at Idaho and UCLA recently and was the O-line coach for the Falcons and Raiders. He at least has some head coaching experience. This actually may work out. Who knows.

I wish Lane Kiffin the best however. He just wasn't the right fit at this time. Hopefully he has learned some lessons from this and can land on his feet. As for the Raiders, it sucks we fired another coach, but promoting Tom Cable may just what the doctor ordered. I think this guy can turn around this ship. Like I said earlier, the NFL is about winning now, not developing head coaches for the future. Well, now that at least the distraction is gone, I look forward to the rest of the season. Hopefully the team can rally together and start winning some games.

You are utterly joking if you think Cable will do any better. However, it's a better choice than Rob Ryan.

Well thats what the season is for, Porter. He may be better, he may not be. We won't won't know for sure until the season is done. All I know is the on-field distractions (litigation is a given in this case, but has nothing to do with on-field issues) are gone, we got a guy who at least has head coaching experience on some level and some coordinating experience in the pros, and to me thats a step up from Kiffin. Although the head coach is different, I really don't see a change in philosophy and offense from Cable. I'm just glad Kiffin is gone at this point, because his mere presence was causing distraction to this team. I'm not saying OMG NEW GOLDEN AGE, but Kiffin, whether justified or not, needed to go (and I think he been wanting out since last winter, so he got what he wanted). A fresh start is a good thing here.

I'm not seeing this as a fresh start for the Raiders. From all accounts, the players liked Kiffin and played hard for him, and I question whether they'll respond as well to a new coach. I doubt this is going to be a positive move for them.

Tennessee Titans easily. They are 4-0 and have scored 102 points while allowing an NFL 2nd lowest 46 (playing 1 more game than leaders Giants & Ravens)

The best team they've beaten is the Jags.

I'm not seeing this as a fresh start for the Raiders. From all accounts, the players liked Kiffin and played hard for him, and I question whether they'll respond as well to a new coach. I doubt this is going to be a positive move for them.

Point taken, but what good is it to keep a head coach that has been feuding with ownership for almost a year? I mean the Lane/Al saga has been going on long enough and it had to end someway. Whether you agree with move or not (I'm not a fan of firing coaches midseason myself, but enough was enough something had to be done to stop this HE'S FIRED/HE'S STILL HERE crap) it was the only move really to make at this point in time. Someone needed to go, and its sure as hell wasn't going to be Al Davis. I'll reserve judgement on the new head coach when games have been played.

And? Can't fault them for the schedule they were given but their defense is really stout (Held ADP to 80 yards). They have Baltimore and KC coming up (Could start 6-0) before heading to Indianapolis where the Colts have allowed an average of 199 yards rushing a game!! I expect the Titans to batter the Colts with White/Johnson.

The only challenges for Tennessee are: Indianapolis (arguable with that run D), Green Bay, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and the Colts again in Week 17.

Dallas has a great team but have allowed 37 points to Philly and lost at home to Washington while allowing 26 points. The same schedule argument can be put up against the Giants (wins over St. Louis & Cincinnati) and I don't think the Bills will hold up.

And? Can't fault them for the schedule they were given but their defense is really stout (Held ADP to 80 yards). They have Baltimore and KC coming up (Could start 6-0) before heading to Indianapolis where the Colts have allowed an average of 199 yards rushing a game!! I expect the Titans to batter the Colts with White/Johnson.

The only challenges for Tennessee are: Indianapolis (arguable with that run D), Green Bay, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and the Colts again in Week 17.

Dallas has a great team but have allowed 37 points to Philly and lost at home to Washington while allowing 26 points. The same schedule argument can be put up against the Giants (wins over St. Louis & Cincinnati) and I don't think the Bills will hold up.

I was mainly just criticizing your use of the word 'easily'. In a couple weeks, it could be very apparent that you are right. Just not yet.