TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - October 2008

Speaking of the actual drop in ratings from them going from USA to TNN in 2000. The rating for Raw on Aug. 21, 2000 was a 6.2. The next week they moved to TNN and it was a 4.9.

Almost every bit of that statement is wrong. Their first show on TNN was September 25, 2000, the night after Unforgiven 2000.

The rating for their last USA Network show on 9/18 was 5.7. The rating for the 9/25 TNN show was a 5.4.

The shows on 8/28 and 9/4 were delayed until 11pm due to the U.S. Open, which is why they dipped down to the 4 level. The 9/11 show, back in the normal 9pm timeslot, was a 5.8.

If I remember correctly, WWE did a satellite link with her and she explained his throat and ankle issues or something. She was interviewed or she explained something.

It was that and they asked her some weird question if she blamed the company for his death.

It was Bischoff's way of differeniating RAW from Smackdown, and it was how WCW used to have it set up.

Ah. Why'd they change it back (not that I'm complaining).

I would guess for announcer table spots, don't remember if they changed the location Spainish guys as well.

They changed the position back to ringside shortly after Bischoff was shitcanned on TV. Jim Ross has made it clear in his blogs that he hated being next to the ramp and being away from ringside, so he probably had a lot to do with it getting moved back.

They changed the position back to ringside shortly after Bischoff was shitcanned on TV. Jim Ross has made it clear in his blogs that he hated being next to the ramp and being away from ringside, so he probably had a lot to do with it getting moved back.

Watching an old show recently with the table up there and seeing Kane come out during it, quite frankly I don't blame him.

Watching an old show recently with the table up there and seeing Kane come out during it, quite frankly I don't blame him.

I don't imagine Booker T's entrance was fun either.

I don't imagine Booker T's entrance was fun either.

At least with Booker they could kinda prepare themselves. Kane's entrance often started with pyro. And sometimes in the middle of sentences.

Enigma, my bad...I was looking at a list of ratings and saw a big drop and thought that was the TNN move. It was in fact Sept. 25, 2000. They lost 0.3 that week (5.7 to 5.4). Thing is, the move to TNN was something that prevented them from staying in that 6.0-7.0 range that they flirted with in 1999-2000. That along with some storylines of that time period that started dragging the WWF into decline (the Austin limo angle resolution, the Angle/HHH/Steph angle not having a decent blowoff).

The Horowitz = jobs sign is golden.

I was on WWE.com this morning and looked at the List This because sometimes they are kinda cool and have some cool thrown back moments. Not this one. Right now they are doing the Greatest Betrayal's in WWE History. Number 9 was Cody Rhodes turning on Hardcore Holly. Really? A tag team that albeit held the titles for a while, generally wasn't on TV during their reign? They have two more to go and only 1 wasn't in the past ten years. Some of them, like Austin turning heel against the Rock at Wrestlemania X-7 are classic moments, but I don't see that as a betrayal, as they weren't alligned. So, long story short, Rhodes turning on Holly and McMahon turning on Hornswoggle were some of the greatest betrayals in wrestling history. Right now, I'm screaming for even Tatanka's heel turn against Luger!

I'm still wondering how the Rock & Roll Express and Midnight Express didn't get into their top 10 list, while Edge and Christian and I believe the Natural Disasters did.

That's an easy one.

Edge & Christian as well as The Natural Disasters break up happened in the WWF/E.

RnR and Midnight didn't.

WWE.com's top 10 Tag-Teams of all time:

10: The British Bulldogs

9: The Rockers

8: The Wild Samoans

7: Harlem Heat

6: Demolition

5: The Fabulous Freebirds

4: Edge and Christian

3: The Hart Foundation

2: The Hardy Boyz

1: Legion Of Doom

I was on WWE.com this morning and looked at the List This because sometimes they are kinda cool and have some cool thrown back moments. Not this one. Right now they are doing the Greatest Betrayal's in WWE History. Number 9 was Cody Rhodes turning on Hardcore Holly. Really? A tag team that albeit held the titles for a while, generally wasn't on TV during their reign? They have two more to go and only 1 wasn't in the past ten years. Some of them, like Austin turning heel against the Rock at Wrestlemania X-7 are classic moments, but I don't see that as a betrayal, as they weren't alligned. So, long story short, Rhodes turning on Holly and McMahon turning on Hornswoggle were some of the greatest betrayals in wrestling history. Right now, I'm screaming for even Tatanka's heel turn against Luger!

At that rate I wouldn't be surprised to see them rank Windham turning on Bradshaw to break up the New Blackjacks.

Orndorf / Hogan. Orndorf raising Hogan's arm in victory after a tag match and then clotheslining his head off is forever ingrained in my mind. I think it was actually one of the first turns I ever saw.

Andre / Hogan on Piper's Pit has to be on that list eventually.

So to help JR deal with Kane backstage, Steve Austin goes....out to the ring?

Watching a few of the Austin/Kane videos just confused the fuck out of me... I really don't remember any of that shit. I can remember the awesome times of Maven as a heel or battling Evolution.

Cool to see the Stunner no sold... Once Austin was making his comeback I was wondering how this didn't hurt Kane's unstoppable monster heel turn right out of the gates.