TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - October 2008

Won notes:

WWE wants a more realistic style, which is why Norman Smiley was hired, because of his background in Puro. They are going to start using more KO finishes, too see how it gets over with the fans.

Grisham and Strikers both have lost their fathers in the last couple of weeks. Grisham dad was killed by a drunk driver while riding a motorcycle. Striker's dad choked to death on a peach....Damn.

Creative feel they are wasting too much time on Satino and Haas. The feeling is they are both entertaining, but neither draw money or bring in ratings.

Creative feel they are wasting too much time on Santino and Haas. The feeling is they are both entertaining, but neither draw money or bring in ratings.

Another WWE mystery revealed, as it is made clear the creative team has no concept of midcard.

Creative feel they are wasting too much time on Santino and Haas. The feeling is they are both entertaining, but neither draw money or bring in ratings.

Another WWE mystery revealed, as it is made clear the creative team has no concept of midcard.

"We wish Charlie Haas the best in his future endeavors."

Don't remember much about Shelton's 1st reign, but Kofi's reign didn't seem that great to me, but hey.

It seems like Santino has really acknowledged the importance of the championship, and is not just holding as a centerpiece, like a lot of the other champions have through the years. The Honk-A-Meter angle, has really put over the belt in the last few weeks, when he finally loses it, I think it will be a big deal.

Oh no, not more KO finishes. The use of a KO in wrestling is utterly idiotic since it goes against the very point of wrestling which is to pin your opponent or get a submission. If they insist on doing such a finish at least have the ref raise the arm 3 times since the crowd understands what that means. But otherwise, forget it. It's pro wrestling....if the guy is out cold, here's a novel idea: PIN HIM.

Shelton did a much better in his 1st title reign... And Kofi was well on his way to.

Kofi? No, he wasn't. His entire title reign basically consisted of one bland feud with Paul Burchill that went on way too long (and it only lasted like a month and a half at most to boot). Honestly, while Santino's matches are dull the Honk-a-Meter and the question of how long he can keep his hands on the belt is the first time in forever that the IC Title has felt like it meant something in a good while other than a showpiece for guys who are too good for it; Kofi as champion had potential but burned out because they had absolutely nothing for him.

A big reason I've been enjoying Raw since the draft this past summer is it seemed they were back to making mid-carders relevant again, such as Haas, Santino, Noble, etc. Looks like they're going back to the old formula of trotting out 1 dimentional, bland characters with no personalities or storylines out to the audience, then acting shocked when they don't get over.

In the "no shit" news of the day, Dolph Ziggler is gone for 30 days because of a wellness violation.

:lol:

Hi. I'm Dolph Ziggler, and I'll see you in 30 days.

LMAO... I wonder if they'll even bring him back on TV since he never wrestled a televised match with the new gimmick.

Too bad Vince isn't on TV. They could have Dolph introduce himself, and Vince give him the look of death followed by "YOOOOOOOOOOU'RE FIIIIIIIRRRRRED!"

What in the world did they think about him in the first place? He is freakin' huge now. What did they think? That he grew a shitload on his own eating meat and potatoes?

I would like to see HHH and Jeff go at it again. They always seem to have good chemistry, even though it will most likely end with Jeff again coming THIS close. I'm not so sure how well Kozlov will come across against HHH, and personally I don't think he's ready to be World Champion. A three way would be interesting, but personally I'm not ready to see Kozlov in a ppv main event.

What in the world did they think about him in the first place? He is freakin' huge now. What did they think? That he grew a shitload on his own eating meat and potatoes?

Maybe they thought he read HHH's book.

From the Thursday F4Wonline/WO daily update:

Kelly Kelly said that she will not be posing in Playboy

Swerve?

Good for her. Most of the ones who have posed in Playboy have been gone from the company within a year. I'm shocked Maria is still around, really.

I had a weird thought just now while re-watching the Royal Rumbles since the first one.

Let's say that Glamarella is still together by the time that the Royal Rumble comes about.

Do you think that WWE would have Beth enter, if just to "protect" Santino in the match?

I dont understand why Kozlov is an option in a fan poll for a match vs HHH. Everyone will pick Hardy.

.....You really don't understand why Kozlov is in the poll? Even though Kozlov has been attacking both HHH and Hardy, you don't understand why he's in the fan poll?

Kozlov is just there to give fans an option of picking someone. Here's the way they are likely thinking about the booking: If Jeff wins, Kozlov gets pissed and runs in and causes a DQ finish. That protects Jeff and keeps him from jobbing again. If it's a 3 way they can have Jeff nearly beat Kozlov but HHH steals a pin. If by some fluke it IS Kozlov that wins (no chance) then HHH would simply win.

Basically it's time to just pull the trigger on a Jeff Hardy title run. If he has the belt and blows it and fails another drug test, then he can simply job the belt and be fired. It's going to hurt him more in the long run in terms of credibility to keep constantly losing title matches without ever getting a win.