TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - October 2008

I received a sample ballot for the upcoming election in the mail the other day, and check out the competition for California State Senate. I apologize for the shadow, but my scanner's not working so I used a digital camera:

l_be8a2013ceeb4568b9dc9ddccd5207d7.jpg

I knew (and laughed) about Benoit due to seeing signs all over the city, but I didn't know about his opponent. Classic shit.

I wouldn't go full on Brody as you are suggesting, but a comment by Striker stood out during the match as Striker said something to the effect "Knox is from Arizona and trains out in the desert for days" or something to that effect. If given the rugged individualist/loner with some loose cannon characteristics, I think such a gimmick could really work for him.

Hey, I like it.

I listen to Mike Knox's theme every day. For inspiration.

So where is Hardcore Holly? Injured I take it? The Cody Rhodes angle never went anywhere after he turned on him.

Supposedly suspended for stealing painkillers out of another wrestler's bag.

As for who is favored between Benoit/Guerrero, I'm not sure. I'll edit the post if I find out.

So where is Hardcore Holly? Injured I take it? The Cody Rhodes angle never went anywhere after he turned on him.

Supposedly suspended for stealing painkillers out of another wrestler's bag.

As for who is favored between Benoit/Guerrero, I'm not sure. I'll edit the post if I find out.

I haven't heard that about Holly, where did you hear that?

I think he's just sitting at home, b/c they don't know what to do with him, and no one likes him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/57893-h...-pill-addiction

Never heard that story and he doesn't put a source with it, so who knows.

All I heard is that he was sent home after Rhodes turned on him. They were hesitant to bring him back because of they had nothing for him to do. His penchant for stiffing the the new guys and trying to make them look bad didn't help matters either.

Can anyone fill us in on what Meltzer is saying Vince's idea to improve the product is?

Vince wants the wrestlers to become better actors. He thinks wrestlers on all the shows should be able to be on the same level of acting on a regular television show. He has assigned new creative team member Freddy Prinze Jr. to coach wrestlers on their acting skills.

Seriously.

I just read on WWE.com that Victoria has been wrestling with a torn ACL for the past six years (which explains the knee brace she wears every week). I'm willing to bet the reason why she won't get surgery for it is the fear of getting cut.

I just read on WWE.com that Victoria has been wrestling with a torn ACL for the past six years (which explains the knee brace she wears every week). I'm willing to bet the reason why she won't get surgery for it is the fear of getting cut.

It's also a very minor tear that really doesn't need to be worked on. She says she's in no pain doing normal activities, and the brace keeps her from being in pain while working. I haven't read this new interview, but in the one she did a few years ago about the brace, she said it was suggested to her by Steve Austin. She'll probably get it fixed when she retires or WWE cuts her, either of which could be coming shortly. She'll be 38 next February.

story that relates in a lot of ways to last week’s story on WWE not connecting with adults. Presumably, they’ve decided that they don’t want to. One reader noted he received an e-mail from the WWE with a marketing survey asking what fans wanted wrestling to be. The first question was age and sex. When he responded he was a 44-year-old male, the screen told him the survey was over.

WON.

:lol:

Can anyone fill us in on what Meltzer is saying Vince's idea to improve the product is?

Vince wants the wrestlers to become better actors. He thinks wrestlers on all the shows should be able to be on the same level of acting on a regular television show. He has assigned new creative team member Freddy Prinze Jr. to coach wrestlers on their acting skills.

Seriously.

I agree with Vince.

I'm the WWE title history section on WWE.com, and I've noticed on all of the Hulk Hogan title victories on the WWE Championship history section, for some reason, they're now calling him Hollywood Hogan, again.

What's the deal with that? Did they forget to make all the changes to the articles? Did the rights to the "Hulk" name expire for WWE, again? Maybe, Terry Bollea is begging for royalty money, now. Shit, I dunno.

Well, I thought it was funny, Spiff.

And that's all that really matters.

I thought it was funny too, I was just mad because I was going to say that exact same thing.