TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Truthiness

True Blood

Have to agree on that point. True Blood is one of the best new shows on TV this year. The characters are great and great storyline. The whole mystery killer storyline is pretty interesting and hope they don't go in the obvious direction (Sookie's boss). Love how we are starting to get the back story on Bill as it makes him a much more compelling character.

Nah the killer is

that son, the one who was drinking trueblood in the bar. All the signs point to him. The boss is more than likely a werewolf, hence his oposition to the vamp, the barking in sleep, the smelling the bed, the friendship with that dog

I have to admit I have been enjpying it. Episode 3&5 have been the real standouts. I couldn't stand the first episode, it was just all over the place with not enough happening. I'm glad I stuck in with it though.

Glad to see I'm not the only one digging this show, really cool concept and I like this it's dispelling the traditional vampire myths while creating some new ones. I don't see Sam being a werewolf or anything, not sure if I want the show to go that route. I think he just hates Bill because he knows that Sookie can be more herself around him then anybody and I just chalked the bed-smelling thing up to a weird obsession thing.

Something is for sure up with the dog, though. It's like it's either protecting/observing Sookie or maybe even something like it's a reincarnated human.

Oh and Lafayette is the MVP of the show, easy. The AIDSBurger rant last night had me rolling.

I got a thread in the Movies/DVD/TV forum? AWESOME!

I would agree with Lafayette being the MVP, however Jason is a tad better too me, he's just tremendous. Jason and Laf together is a great combo, it was hilarious how they took the V together, but it affected them in opposite ways. Laf the Flamboyant gay guy became an ass kicking badass. Jason on the other hand, the dumbass playboy, became a hippie, and just loved everyone. The Payoff to Jason/Tara last night was hilarious. Tara is fantastic character as well, she is an asshole to everybody, she loves Jason but she knows he won't change, the second she let her guard down, Jason fucked her over. All this is going to do is make her bigger bitch.

The Sam storyline is nice; I hope the payoff isn't a letdown because it has a ton of potential. I'm glad it wasn't a vamp that did the killings it, because that would've been too obvious. Bill giving the cops the facts, on why it couldn't be a vampire was also a nice touch, now that angle is dead for the cops, they have to look in to the human community for the killer. Jason is going to be the biggest suspect because all the victims were connected to him personally.

Sookie is good to me, she hasn't come in to her own yet, but she is the glue that keeps the show together. I just wish she had more depth, but maybe her innocence is what makes the people around her more unique.

The Bill story was boring, but after finding out what happened to him, I can't help but like the guy.

I love the show; it's a cool look on racism in the South from a fresh angle.

I did it because I thought I should do you a favor. Plus, I decided last week that whenever you were to post the next "True Blood was awesome" post that I was going to make the new thread. So there!

:)

I don't really follow any television shows, but I started watching True Blood out of boredom one day, and I'm hooked. The last episode is the best one yet. I was on the fence about this show for the first couple of episodes but it has really picked up since the fourth and fifth episodes.

I am really interested in finding out about Eric, that blond vampire from the previous episode.

I don't really follow any television shows, but I started watching True Blood out of boredom one day, and I'm hooked. The last episode is the best one yet. I was on the fence about this show for the first couple of episodes but it has really picked up since the fourth and fifth episodes.

I am really interested in finding out about Eric, that blond vampire from the previous episode.

Eric was pretty cool but I'm even more interested to see who the "she" Bill referred to in episode three is.

Eric was pretty cool but I'm even more interested to see who the "she" Bill referred to in episode three is.

I was thinking "she" was the one from last episode that bit Bill.

Glad to see I'm not the only one digging this show, really cool concept and I like this it's dispelling the traditional vampire myths while creating some new ones. I don't see Sam being a werewolf or anything, not sure if I want the show to go that route. I think he just hates Bill because he knows that Sookie can be more herself around him then anybody and I just chalked the bed-smelling thing up to a weird obsession thing.

Something is for sure up with the dog, though. It's like it's either protecting/observing Sookie or maybe even something like it's a reincarnated human.

Oh and Lafayette is the MVP of the show, easy. The AIDSBurger rant last night had me rolling.

I'm thinking Sam is the dog. Like a shapeshifter or something.

There have been really heavy hints about him being the dog, or taking control of the dog at times at least. How else can you explain him rolling on the bed like a dog in one of the recent shows?

But yeah, I am definately hooked on this show.......more and more each week in fact.

This show is pretty much a cheesy, smutty soap opera, but Anna Pacquin looks obscenely hot throughout it, which is something I never quite thought I'd be typing. Perfect background viewing.

I was thinking "she" was the one from last episode that bit Bill.

I was actually thinking of the vampire activist on Real Time with Bill Mahr in the series' opening episode, as I'd imagine she must have some clout in the vampire community to be the public champion for their case for equal rights. With that in mind, it would also seem that she'd be extremely disapproving of the way the Malcolm's group carries on.

Malcom also dropped the "Not all of us want to tow the company line" reference to Bill so yeah, the blond vamp on the television could very well be boss.

Sam and the dog for sure share a connection. Maybe he can occupy the dogs mind and see what it sees, hence why the dog seems to be around Sookie a lot?

Malcom also dropped the "Not all of us want to tow the company line" reference to Bill so yeah, the blond vamp on the television could very well be boss.

Sam and the dog for sure share a connection. Maybe he can occupy the dogs mind and see what it sees, hence why the dog seems to be around Sookie a lot?

Exactamundo

Mother of God. At first when it was the long shot I thought it might've been a body double but then.....wow. Money. Those were money tits.

that settles it. I will start watching the show On Demand

Good episode highlighted by the debut of those sweet tits. I'd have to go with Lafayette as my favorite character so far. I'd like them to highlight some of the other lesser characters a little more such as the red head that works at the bar with Sookie and her husband. Overally one of the best shows of the new season.

I've been watching this show too since the first episode. It's pretty cool, and is progressing nicely.

I hope it gets a 2nd season because it seems like HBO Shows have a habit of really bringing the workrate in season 2.

I've been watching this show too since the first episode. It's pretty cool, and is progressing nicely.

I hope it gets a 2nd season because it seems like HBO Shows have a habit of really bringing the workrate in season 2.

True Blood was renewed for another season weeks ago, along with Entourage.