Game 1: Fri 10/10 BOS @ TB 8:37pm

Game 2: Sat 10/11 BOS @ TB 8:07pm

Game 3: Mon 10/13 TB @ BOS 4:37pm

Game 4: Tue 10/14 TB @ BOS 8:07pm

Game 5: Thu 10/16 TB @ BOS 8:07pm*

Game 6: Sat 10/18 BOS @ TB 4:37pm*

Game 7: Sun 10/19 BOS @ TB 8:07pm*

* - if necessary

Even though Buck Martinez loves to hear himself talk a little too much, the TBS crew actually gives some analysis and insight and are something different than the typical Buck & McCarver, so I welcome the switch.

I'll take the Rays in 7 games. Red Sox have a few question marks going into this with Beckett not being 100% and Lowell is out for the entire series. Rays also have the best home field advantage in the league this year.

Guest Smues

Want: Rays

Expect: Sox in 6.

But I'll be ok with either outcome. I hope to go to game 1, but since I didn't get selected to purchase tickets I'll have to get them scalped. And since I'm already in Florida and can't have them mailed I'll have to go to the stadium and home to score a pair outside from a scalper. I hate doing that.

Should be a good series.

I'm expecting a very good series between these two teams. They had some real good games this season and there is probably still some bad blood remaining from the Coco fight. We could see the beginning of a new AL rivalry.

More importantly we are going to get some good, solid baseball. Both teams have good pitching, excellent defense and deep lineups. It's probably going to go 6 or 7 games with a few hotly contested battles. Hopefully it redeems what has otherwise been a fairly mundane postseason.

Guest Smues

Now that I actually am on the east coast and going to an east coast game, I can really join the time bitching crowd, even though I was apart of it already. 8:37PM local start time? I really think that with MAYBE the exception of the world series, they should start playoff games at the usual start time for the hosting team. So if the Rays usually play at 7 or 7:30 that's when this should be starting, not 8:37. The West coast was cope with an earlier start time, it really can. Hell, as a west coaster (4life!) I prefer the earlier the better. Oh noes I still at work? Tivo/VCR/stream the internet/etc. So the game won't end until past midnight (since it's a Red Sox game) and then I have to drive back to Orlando. Thanks Major League Baseball.

So who starts game 1?

The Rays have a special force behind them. A fairly young expansion team in another sport had a logo change, eliminated the first word of their name, and won the championship that season. That's how it works.

So who starts game 1?

Looks like:

Matsuzaka vs. Shields

Beckett vs. Kazmir

Lester vs. Garza

Wakefield vs. Sonnanstine

The Rays have a special force behind them. A fairly young expansion team in another sport had a logo change, eliminated the first word of their name, and won the championship that season. That's how it works.

You also forgot ownership change. I think that has to be the most important catalyst for change in an organization.

Okay, so we're getting THAT version of Dice-K tonight. Good thing I've already started drinking.

Take a shot whenever Caray or Martinez talk about losing a ball in the lights or the catwalks. You'll be shitfaced by the 5th.

Ok, I think good Dice-K took bad Dice-K into the clubhouse and shot him after the first. His velocity is up and he's hitting the corners like mad. Now if we could have the top half of the inning last longer than a minute we might have something.

Who Matsuzaka? Ya he has a no hitter going. Just nine outs away. JINXJINXJINXJINXJINXJINXJINXJINXJINXJINXJINXJINXJINXJINXJINXJINXJINX

Seriously Bud Selig forcing God Bless America into the 7th inning stretch every postseason needs to fucking end already.