TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

2008 ALCS: Boston Red Sox vs. Tampa Bay Rays

You're right. It's probably better that I'm not watching it.

Saturday night was the heart attack game. Today looks like the break everything in sight and bemoan the construction of the team game. It's remarkable how level-headed I am towards sports for 95% of the season, only to completely losing my rational thinking capability at times like this.

My tv shut itself off after Longoria hit his homerun, so I think that's a good sign to go out and do something else.

I'm thinking of starting to paint.

BJ Upton hit 9 HR in 531 AB during the regular season and now has 5 in 28 in the playoffs. It's nice to see that some young players in the league are capable of stepping up in the postseason.

Guest Vitamin X

It's games like this that made me bust out that Rays in a sweep prediction. Hell, games like the last one, too- I've just seen the Rays able to stop these huge scoring explosions and win very tight, defense-oriented games consistently.

I'm really pulling for Dodgers-Rays, because either outcome to me is pleasurable.

BJ Upton hit 9 HR in 531 AB during the regular season and now has 5 in 28 in the playoffs. It's nice to see that some young players in the league are capable of stepping up in the postseason.

BJ Upton played most of this season with a torn labrum in his shoulder. This injury was responsible for sapping all of his power. He'll have to have surgery in the offseason. That doesn't really explain why he's hitting it deep now, but the truth is this guy has 30+ HR power when healthy.

Guest Smues
Columbus Day.

People get Columbus Day off?

I'm as surprised as you are. I've never gotten it off for school or work in my life.

Funny note: Alaska Native organizations appear to take Columbus day off, which is hilarious considering how natives tend to hate Columbus and regard him as a mass murderer.

Guest Smues

Maybe that's it. I want to honor their dead too and not be at work :(

Rays win guarentees they'll host at least one more playoff game, which means shortly another drawing for the 'honor' of buying tickets will occur. Just watch me get selected now that I'm not down there anymore.

Also, the Rays are two wins away from the World Series. Amazing, absolutely amazing.

Rays win guarentees they'll host at least one more playoff game, which means shortly another drawing for the 'honor' of buying tickets will occur. Just watch me get selected now that I'm not down there anymore.

Boston would have to win one to guarantee the series returning to Tampa

If Tampa wins out, they'll win the pennant at Fenway

Guest Smues

Boston would have to win one to guarantee the series returning to Tampa

If Tampa wins out, they'll win the pennant at Fenway

If Tampa wins out they'll host two world series games, hence they'll host more playoff games.

I think it's safe to say the Wakefield experiment has failed almost immediately.

Wakefield experiment?

Man, the Sox have looked just awful the past two days. I don't think that I can sit here and watch this.

Series ain't over yet. Trust me if Boston wins Game 5 everyone will be ready to say "HERE COME THE RED SOX!"

And seriously fuck this lame NBA scheduling Selig and FOX put in as of last year. If they ain't traveling, they don't need a day off. It'll be even more annoying when it happens in the World Series, assuming it actually goes more than four games this time.

Guest Smues
Series ain't over yet. Trust me if Boston wins Game 5 everyone will be ready to say "HERE COME THE RED SOX!"

And seriously fuck this lame NBA scheduling Selig and FOX put in as of last year. If they ain't traveling, they don't need a day off. It'll be even more annoying when it happens in the World Series, assuming it actually goes more than four games this time.

They have tomorrow off? God that is retarded. I don't mind the the day off one of the DS series takes each year to get them synced up, but after that year it should be only an off day for travel. And they're doing it again during the WS? Fuck a bunch of that. Then again they now start the World Series in the middle of the week, so I should expect retardation.

Okay I was wrong, the World Series will have no day off between Game 4 and 5. I guess I just assumed Selig would do something like that.

Gm 1    National League @ American League    Wed    Oct. 22    TBD    FOX    tickets
Gm 2    National League @ American League    Thu    Oct. 23    TBD    FOX    tickets
Gm 3    American League @ National League    Sat    Oct. 25    TBD    FOX    tickets
Gm 4    American League @ National League    Sun    Oct. 26    TBD    FOX    tickets
Gm 5*    American League @ National League    Mon    Oct. 27    TBD    FOX    tickets
Gm 6*    National League @ American League    Wed    Oct. 29    TBD    FOX    tickets
Gm 7*    National League @ American League    Thu    Oct. 30    TBD    FOX

I find it hillarious that TB has outscored Boston 20-2 in 2 games in Boston. The day off tomorrow just gives Red Sox Nation an extra day before they all collectively go jump off a cliff. I dont think they would have had a problem with losing a tough series to TB, but to be blown out at home twice is probably just too much for them to take.

Rays/Phillies? Fox must be cussing up a storm left and right.

Yeah, why did they start doing that? As far as I can remember, the WS always opened on a Saturday night. And oh my God MLB wants money and so do advertisers and networks, so the day off between each series allows each series to have some prime time games instead of always having two games every day. But for the WS? That is a bunch of shit.

They went with the middle of the week schedule because they don't want any games on Friday nights since it's the worst night of the week for t.v. ratings.