TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

ECW on Sci-Fi - October 14, 2008

I honestly wonder how Matt Striker gets away with namedropping Tiger Mask, Liger, et al. He's so different from any other commentator on the WWE roster and I'm surprised they haven't tried to homogenize him.

Nobody in the office pays attention to ECW.

All right...so who will people vote for?

I think that Evan Bourne appeals to both hardcore fans and your regular Joe Six-Pack, so I'm banking on Hardy/Bourne with a shitty Mark Henry run-in.

Another Cyber Sunday ballot item announced on WWE.com, a choose the tag team pair.

...only the top vote-getting match of the following three potential matches will take place.

- World tag champs Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes defending vs. CM Punk & Kofi Kingston

- John Morrison & The Miz vs. Cryme Tyme

- Jamie Noble & Mickie James vs. William Regal & Layla

Finlay has a legit shot of beating Bourne in the voting

They clearly want Henry to win but heels never win the voting (other than Miz last year)

That doesn't even count since ALL the choices were heels - and Miz only won because he was looked at as the easiest opponent for Punk.

After tonights amazing showcase, I think Bourne is going to run away with the voting. I used to be torn between Shelton and Kofi having the best vertical leap in the company, but HOLY SHIT at the Hurricanrana leap to Chavo standing on the top rope. Bourne and Hardy should be able to tear the house down at the PPV if given time. (ECW title match being given time at a ppv.....HA!)

Good to see Jack Swaggah! has new ring gear, the white upper part of his old trunks always made it seem like he was wearing them really low on the waist. How many times have we seen the "Dreamer is disrespected" feud though?

My kingdom for Finlay and Hornswoggle to be separated. Have Horny on SD! with Kizarny, or debut Seamus O'Shaunessey and pair him with Hornswoggle. Finlay is being wasted in his current role. Though I guess Hornswoggle keeps Finlay a midcard act, which allows him to feud with the up and comers that benefit most from wrestling Finlay (in the player-coach role). Why does Finlay have to cheat every time to win? What was wrong with the "Celtic Cross" finisher? Is this again an attempt to keep him in the midcard?

Tiffany (or whatever) is hot as hell.

Good to see Jack Swaggah! has new ring gear, the white upper part of his old trunks always made it seem like he was wearing them really low on the waist. How many times have we seen the "Dreamer is disrespected" feud though?

My kingdom for Finlay and Hornswoggle to be separated. Have Horny on SD! with Kizarny, or debut Seamus O'Shaunessey and pair him with Hornswoggle. Finlay is being wasted in his current role. Though I guess Hornswoggle keeps Finlay a midcard act, which allows him to feud with the up and comers that benefit most from wrestling Finlay (in the player-coach role). Why does Finlay have to cheat every time to win? What was wrong with the "Celtic Cross" finisher? Is this again an attempt to keep him in the midcard?

Tiffany (or whatever) is hot as hell.

I too grow extremely tired of the same finish in every Finlay match. WWE probably sells a crapton of those inflatable Shilleleis (however the hell you spell it), so they probably feel it's best to keep it exposed and fresh on peoples minds. Kind of the same reason why they still have HHH carrying around the "Pimp my Championship" yet have John Cena on RAW where theres really no way he could again get possession of his belt. They sell a LOT of spinners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsDjQ6IQQTM

What the hell, here's a review of ECW from me. I'm bored.

I'm convinced that you are Gregory Helms' immediate family.

You know, I never ever thought about that. I guess I really do look a bit like him. That makes the avatar that much better I guess.