TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

2008 World Series: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Tampa Bay Rays

World Series Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How many players on the Rays can Joe Buck & Tim McCarver name?

• 5+
    • "John Madden manages the Rays?"

Yeah this is just about over. It's tough to win a World Series when your 3-4 hitters are like 0-30 or something absurd. 10-2 tonight and tomorrow the Rays have to face Hamels.

I will say this though: The Phillies better finish it tomorrow night. Cause if the Rays somehow get to Hamels or just win a tough 3-2 type game then it heads back to Tampa and the Phillies would be left with Myers and Moyer for 6 and 7 (unless Hamels came back on short rest).

Cardenas for Blanton was totally worth it. What jackass was ever against that trade?

turns out:

<--------:stupid:

You and me both. No matter how good Cardenas and Outman become, flags fly forever.

The Rays still have a shot in this series. They have a tough lefty on the mound tonight, and good starters available for games six and seven. With Kazmir on the mound, the Phillies really need Pat Burrell (0 for 12 thus far) to step up and deliver a big hit.

Horrible call if they call this game right now, although I can sort of see it from baseball's POV that they wouldn't want a team to win the World Series because of calling a game after 5 innings.

The infield is in terrible shape, they had to delay it. Bad thing about all this is the weather supposedly might be worse tomorrow so we could be looking at Wednesday to play the final three and a half+ innings.

In seriousness, I think the suspension rules need to be amended for the playoffs. Any game is suspended, regardless of current score, or whether it's official. No rain-shorted games, or games in progress cancelled.

In seriousness, I think the suspension rules need to be amended for the playoffs. Any game is suspended, regardless of current score, or whether it's official. No rain-shorted games, or games in progress cancelled.

I was thinking the same thing. They have nowhere they need to be, no opponents waiting for them in another city on a particular date. No reason they shouldn't play a full game. And that way you don't get a farce like this, where the umpires were obviously waiting to see if Tampa would tie it before calling it.

-Game suspended, will resume at 8pm tomorrow at the earliest.

-Bud Selig blames faulty intelligence.

-They do not know when they will resume playing.

-Game will resume at the bottom of the sixth, score tied.

This game should have been called after the 5th. The choice they made in waiting until the Rays batted in the 6th was one of the worst calls made that I have ever seen. The announcers on FOX talked abouth nothing excedpt how the weather conditions affect the Rays. Hello? I guess the Phillies play in conditions like this 162 games a year. A fucking joke and the game should resume in the top of the 6th, 2-1 Phillies. Fuck baseball right this moment.

This game should have been called after the 5th. The choice they made in waiting until the Rays batted in the 6th was one of the worst calls made that I have ever seen. The announcers on FOX talked abouth nothing excedpt how the weather conditions affect the Rays. Hello? I guess the Phillies play in conditions like this 162 games a year. A fucking joke and the game should resume in the top of the 6th, 2-1 Phillies. Fuck baseball right this moment.

The conditions sucked, but I am NOT going to accept this World Series on technicalities.

Guest Smues

It's not like they called the game a tie or made it be replayed, I don't see the harm in doing it how they did.

Of course. By call the game, I mean suspend it. There is no way Philly should have had to go out there in the 6th inning and Tampa Bay not have to go out there to finish the 6th inning. The game should be restarted in the top of the 6th. Rollins doesn't drop that ball.

Yeah, winning a World Series on a rain shortened game would be completely lame. You can't end someone's season without doing everything possible to let them have 9 innings.

Guest Smues

Before someone has a chance to say OMG YU MORON WE DIDNT SAY THAT THE PHILZ SHUD HAVE BTTED TOO OR NO 6TH InnInG LURN TO READ! I'll point out that that's what I think that most people were saying. I still don't have a problem with the call as it was, but whatever. And yes calling the game over would have been retarded, but no way they do that.

I don't know who said the Phils should have been awarded the game. "Calling the game" in this instance means simply suspending it. I didn't want the Phillies to win that way. I just want a fair game, and the way they suspended it in the middle of a fucking inning is about as unfair as you can get.