TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

2008 World Series: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Tampa Bay Rays

World Series Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How many players on the Rays can Joe Buck & Tim McCarver name?

• 5+
    • "John Madden manages the Rays?"

I actually think this series going forward is quite intriguing. The Phillies have shown a fair bit of ability despite their lack of clutch hitting. This should remain competitive throughout.

The Phillies are miffed that not every player was announced before game one, only the starting lineup. Thank goodness we got Kevin Kennedy and the Chevy Pre-game show though! Seriously, game one of the World Series is special, every player deserves introduction.

I think they get the game in tonight. It's rainy in Philly today but it's an all day rain, supposed to end sometime this evening. With the rain ending at some point, I imagine they will wait to start the game if need be.

Jamie Moyer tonight, making his World Series debut in his 22nd year of professional baseball. Matt Garza had a great outing in game seven, but I wonder if the pitch count will have an effect on this outing. Garza is also a fastball/curveball righty, giving Ryan Howard perhaps his best chance to break his slump.

Don't play mocking music over the announcement of the Rays' lineup, Philadelphia. Not during the World Series.

Don't play mocking music over the announcement of the Rays' lineup, Philadelphia. Not during the World Series.

What happened?

During the intro for the Rays they were playing what sounded like a children's song that was about fish. We're going to hear about it.

It's still better than that song that just repeats "Rays!" for five minutes straight.

When's the last time a World Series matchup seemed this close through 3 games? Even the recent ones that have gone 6 or 7 have featured blowouts in some of the early games. I think maybe Yankees-Mets in 2000, and that one only went 5 games.

I am enjoying the slight media bias in our favor after constantly listening to Joe Buck and Crew talk about how great New York/Chicago/LA is. Being the 4th biggest media market finally pays off when the opponent is from one of the smallest in baseball.

I still want to know why Tim McCarver is always looming over Joe Buck though. It's creepy.

I just can't stand Fox's whole production, highlighted by nepotism Buck and Tim. I haven't really watched much of Fox's coverage this year because it's so bad I can't enjoy the games. Unless the Cubs or Reds make the World Series I doubt I'll watch with those 2 in the booth. When Buck said he doesn't even really like baseball on ESPN radio, saying he'd rather watch reality tv, that was probably the last straw for me.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H
When Buck said he doesn't even really like baseball on ESPN radio, saying he'd rather watch reality tv, that was probably the last straw for me.

180px-Joe_Buck.jpg

"I'd prefer to watch The Bachelorette. Ladies, I think you know what I mean. I know my wife does."