TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

2008 World Series: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Tampa Bay Rays

World Series Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How many players on the Rays can Joe Buck & Tim McCarver name?

• 5+
    • "John Madden manages the Rays?"

Couple quick facts:

-That is the fourth career postseason win for Cole Hamels, and fourth this postseason. He is already the second most winningest Phillie in postseason history, trailing only Steve Carlton's six wins.

-Brad Lidge saved his 12th postseason game. That ranks third all time, behind only Mariano Rivera (by a lot) and Dennis Eckersley.

I am just happy to have a little peace watching the game tomorrow. Coming out of tomorrow with at least a split means I won't have a heart attack again like tonight.

So happy that I won't even question why Bruntlett was left in to bat instead of using Stairs/Dobbs....well, maybe still a little questioning.

Tomorrow could be massive for the Phils though.

On a relief note for me personally, I got tickets to Game 5, so either I get to see a World Series game, or the Phils are World Champs. Awesomeness.

I may be overly optimistic, but I like the match up tonight. I don't think Myers will be dominant, but I really think that the Phils can get to Shields. Hopefully early. I don't think Ballfour would be available tonight, would he?

This game bugs me. We should have at least scored some runs. I don't want to go back to Philly 1-1 anymore (Today I didn't have a problem with it until it finally hit me that Jamie Moyer is starting Game 3, so I really would like to be up 2-0 at that point). The incompetency of this lineup with runners on base baffles me. Shields has in no way been great tonight, we've gotten some nice wood on the ball. Now Myers just walks a guy for no reason. They give up walks like nothing and I can't deal with it in a game like this.

Error by Ruiz. I really want Philly to win this game.

That 9th inning gave me a "ray" of hope, no pun intended. But with Moyer on the mound, as hard as it is for me to admit, I have zero confidence. Forget his regular season, in the playoffs it's about "what have you done for me lately" and he is going to need a quality start for us to even have a chance, and I don't think he can do that.