TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

Discussion: Bluring / Removing "WWF" and scratch logos from

It's annoying on the microphones, it distracts my view from the other things. Also the beelping of the words is slightly stupid, and missing a shitload of commentary is also uncalled for. Goddamn I hate Vince. Just a thing, during the WWF era they used to say WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION chapion, or WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION tag team chapions, but now in the E they just refer to them as the WWE champion not the World Wrestling Entertainment champion, maybe because the name is stupid. Anybody else notice this?

It is a nuisance, but it isn't too bad. What really affects my enjoyment is editing Jesse Ventura out of his commentaries. If they can't use him, then they should just redub it completely with their modern guys because hearing Vince talk to himself with awkward pauses just ruins the match. I'd rather just push the mute button.

I'm just glad that all the PPVs are covered under the agreement, and all his commentarry is there (Well, at least for the WrestleManias and Royal Rumbles. Don't know about the SummerSlams since I haven't gotten that set yet).

HOWEVER, I am fearful if they do a collection of the classic Saturday Night Main Events...

There are places where you can download the original PPVs and even RAWs, entire seasons of them in VHS quality with the logos un-blurred, but beyond that I can't say because I don't want to get in trouble. All I'll say is Google is your friend.

I agree with what many have said:

Is it annoying? Yes.

Do you wish you could do something about it? Yes.

Is there anything you could do about it? No.

It just wonder if there could've been a comprimise or something where Vince paid a $xxx amount of dollars a year to keep blurrimania fom happening but it didnt happen.

*sigh*

The blurred logo's don't really bother me at all. When I first see them, I remember what a dumbass Vince was concerncing the whole WWF agreement, then I really don't think about them as the match goes on.

Kind of odd, but I noticed they blurred the old logo and World Wrestling Federation in the Mr. Perfect DVD. It just happens once during a Perfect/Hart match. Weird that they'd choose to blur one banner.

Ydeah it's uring the main feature when they are showing clips from several Hart/Perfect matches, and one of the matches is from a Superstars of Wrestling taping in 1989 - and that's the banner that's blurred.

I noticed on the packaging or booklet for the Hell in a Cell DVD that they have cut the "F" off on the old block logo in one of the photos which seems odd

It's very annoying...almost as annoying as when they edit out the original entrance music (which kills the original crowd noise in the process).

I also wish that Vince had just reverted back to the old block logo and kept the Federation name.

It's very annoying...almost as annoying as when they edit out the original entrance music (which kills the original crowd noise in the process).

I also wish that Vince had just reverted back to the old block logo and kept the Federation name.

That's another thing.

Do you people think it's time for WWE to change their logo?

I mean, save for the fact that they dropped the F part of it, they've had the same style of logo for the past 10 years, going into 11.

I mean, save for the fact that they dropped the F part of it, they've had the same style of logo for the past 10 years, going into 11.

Yeah, time for the Attitude era-esque logo to go. I just hope the new logo doesn't suck whenever WWE gets around to it.

I think the blurring is absolutely ridiculous, but it's VKM's fault. I can't stand watching old matches with the blur. Vince should have made a huge donation to World Wildlife Fund that would have allowed them to not have to blur all the damn footage.

I wonder if "Entertainers" may come back to haunt him down the line to because he's being cheap. Watch a wrestler use it for the actors guild or something and end up costing Vince more money than paying sports taxes

That's another thing.

Do you people think it's time for WWE to change their logo?

Well, it goes hand in hand with them keeping the same formula for RAW(when they changed to RAW IS WAR with the two hours and copying Nitro with big name interview openers unlike the Godwinn opening match fiascoes) that was changed 10-11 years ago too, so they are at least being consistent.

The whole logo situation really is mindboggling...if anyone has ever seen the UK DVDs of the old pay per views, Tagged Classics is what I think they are called, outside of the packaging having the new Cena throwback logo or WWE logo, everything is intact!

The whole logo situation really is mindboggling...if anyone has ever seen the UK DVDs of the old pay per views, Tagged Classics is what I think they are called, outside of the packaging having the new Cena throwback logo or WWE logo, everything is intact!

Damn straight, ive been buying all the wrestlemania twin packs just for this fact.

Just a thing, during the WWF era they used to say WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION chapion, or WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION tag team chapions, but now in the E they just refer to them as the WWE champion not the World Wrestling Entertainment champion, maybe because the name is stupid. Anybody else notice this?

I tried to see if I could dispute this and you are right. I haven't heard them say World Wrestling Entertainment Champion EVER!

Goes to show even they know it sounds stupid.

Just like when wcw announcers use to say THE WCW.

Just a thing, during the WWF era they used to say WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION chapion, or WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION tag team chapions, but now in the E they just refer to them as the WWE champion not the World Wrestling Entertainment champion, maybe because the name is stupid. Anybody else notice this?

I tried to see if I could dispute this and you are right. I haven't heard them say World Wrestling Entertainment Champion EVER!

I believe they have used the term at least once. I remember Undertaker using it when doing a promo about challenging Hulk Hogan back in 2002, in a match that you have to see just because of how terrible it was.