TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LivingLegendGaryColeman

Spider-man: Web of Shadows

So Spider-man Web of Shadows came out this week. It seems like an awesome game from everything I have seen and heard, yet I am still not seeing too much about it anywhere. You can jump between red suit and black suit Spidey with the click of a button and it is the first ever Spider-man game where your choices reflect the outcome. The guy I talked to in the game store said it seemed almost like a Spider-man version of Fable. Lots of characters are in the game and one of the trailer shows versions of them with symbiote, including a Venom-esque Wolverine.

I picked up the game today, probably won't get to play it until tomorrow, but I figured I would start a thread to get everyone's thoughts and reactions on this title, or to find out if this title is going to be lost in the shuffle for people due to all the major releases surrounding it.

I enjoy the Spiderman games (well...2 and 3 anyway) and this looks like it's like those. I'll end up playing this eventually...but I'm currently sitting here halfway through Saints Row 2, just starting Fable 2, Dead Space that I haven't even put in yet, Too Human that I'm probably a fifth of the way through, and Fallout 3 coming next week I think.

It's on the backburner until I start catching up.

Now that I look at it...I started Ninja Gaiden 2 and Condemned 2 and Burnout Paradise and haven't gotten back to those yet either. Throw in Rock Band 2 and NHL 09 that I try to get some time in on and I'm backlogged again like a motherfucker. I haven't even finished Call of Duty 4 yet. ...and then after that there's the stack that I didn't finish and got pushed back by the last run of games.

There's not enough time in the day.

IGN gave it a 5.7. It's apparently ok but just above average. I'll be renting at least.

Now that I look at it...I started Ninja Gaiden 2 and Condemned 2 and Burnout Paradise and haven't gotten back to those yet either

I couldn't put it down; so awesome.

A friend of mine did QA on this.

That's pretty cool. What did he think of it?

I know what you mean on the ridiculous backlog. I have picked up almost every major release since the spring and a lot of them have been sitting unplayed. Those I have hopped on, I get into and then fall away. Even one of my must plays, NBA 2K9, is still in the shrinkwrap. I'm usually a sucker for licensed titles, especially superheroes, so I push this ahead of games like Fable 2 and Saints Row 2 (which are both sitting on my shelf too).

A friend of mine did QA on this.

That's pretty cool. What did he think of it?

He compared it, in a number of ways, to Spider Man 3.

Interpret that as you see fit.

I really want to play this but this:

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows is a video game title encompassing three versions: a full-3D action game for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows and Wii; a 2.5D sidescrolling action game for PlayStation Portable and PlayStation 2, and a 2.5D side-scrolling brawler/platformer[1] for the Nintendo DS.

has me not playing it. Side-scrolling? Seriously? Why does it have to be a side-scrolling game on the PS2? That just seems dumb to me.

has me not playing it. Side-scrolling? Seriously? Why does it have to be a side-scrolling game on the PS2? That just seems dumb to me.

Rather than porting down to the PS2 they could make a version that works between the PSP and PS2, which wouldn't be hard. While the same game wasn't on two different systems, I believe similar things occurred with the Kim Possible PS2/PSP titles (side scrollers, 2.5D elements).

I've heard the side-scroller is actually really good, though (apparently it's a Metroid/Castlevania style title).

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/...%20of%20shadows

Once again, DS owners prevail. Console owners have to deal with a sloppy 3D experience, but on the handheld we get ourselves a tight and satisfying experience that has nothing to do with the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, or Wii games of the same name.

Other outlets are criticizing the [lack of] length, though.

Also, on the PSP/PS2 game:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/...%20of%20shadows

A welcome throwback to the Spider-Man games of old. More than a few times I found myself using the D-pad to hop around an enemy and reminiscing about playing Spider-Man on my SEGA Genesis. The action is simple, but the quirky humor, Spidey's trademark verbal jabs, and slick style make the game a lot of fun to play.