TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

Cyber Sunday - October 26 2008

I didn't see the show tonight but that main event sounded like it was overbooked to hell. I still think that somehow Jericho will bitch to Adamle and get the decision overturned since from what it sounded like Batista hit Austin with a spear, and thus could have been DQed.

I'd be interested in hearing exactly why Cena vs. Batista II at WM is such an awesome match. Let's face it.....everyone with half a brain (and some without even that) flat out know 100% that Cena is winning that match since he jobbed in the first meeting. It has zero drama. What does it say when it might be improved by Orton being involved in a 3 way?

Still disagree with the Batista thing. He was complaining that he wasn't happy with his spot, in spite of the fact that he was very well protected and well-promoted. He wanted more and threatened to take time off if he didn't get it. It's just bullshit that they would hand the belt over to him after that. What right does he have to complain?

As far as the SD! side of things goes... I was pulling very hard for Jeff up until a certain point. So much that I wanted him to win the WWE Championship in the closing match of WrestleMania this year. Seriously. I wanted it to happen that much. But after he failed yet another wellness test this past March I completely gave up. I mean, if it actually happened, I might pop, but one would have to be foolish if they are not waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's now become a case of fool me twice...

I didn't see the show tonight but that main event sounded like it was overbooked to hell. I still think that somehow Jericho will bitch to Adamle and get the decision overturned since from what it sounded like Batista hit Austin with a spear, and thus could have been DQed.

I'd be interested in hearing exactly why Cena vs. Batista II at WM is such an awesome match. Let's face it.....everyone with half a brain (and some without even that) flat out know 100% that Cena is winning that match since he jobbed in the first meeting. It has zero drama. What does it say when it might be improved by Orton being involved in a 3 way?

If you truly think that is going to happen you obviously don't know very much about the WWE.

Because the MATCH will be awesome, I don't care if people know Cena is winning, the match will be awesome.

Fuck Batista.

Huh? He's not the one who booked the finish.

Yes, he did complain recently, but guess what? Every wrestler gets burnt out and frustrated, and you can't blame him for that.

What is your deal Bob?

Excuse me? I'm allowed to disagree with people, it's a message board.

If you really do like the WWE's current product that much, then I appologize to you.

But...it seems like you're countering everyone's anti-WWE posts just for the sake of arguing. You haven't said one negative thing about the WWE's product lately, which is fine, but are you really 100% happy with what they are producing now?

Because the MATCH will be awesome, I don't care if people know Cena is winning, the match will be awesome.

It's much like someone telling you the ending of a movie. If the movie is good, it will leave you in suspense and you should be on the edge of your seat. If people know Cena is going to win, then why watch? If you know how a movie will end, you can still watch, but it definitely depletes the entertainment value.

In a nutshell, I just wish the WWE was a little less predictable.

I also heavily bitched about the ending to Unforgiven and the way they took the title off of Punk.

Thought it was an eh show tonight- liked Big Show-Taker a lot but rolled my eyes at the ending, and loved Triple H v. Hardy.

It's much like someone telling you the ending of a movie. If the movie is good, it will leave you in suspense and you should be on the edge of your seat. If people know Cena is going to win, then why watch? If you know how a movie will end, you can still watch, but it definitely depletes the entertainment value.

In a nutshell, I just wish the WWE was a little less predictable.

It's not like that at all.

They haven't even started building to a Cena/Batista match, so you don't know if it will keep you in suspense or not.

On live shows, you don't know anything for sure until the 3 count. Undertaker/Edge was an awesome match at Mania XXIV and I really bought into some of Edge's nearfalls even though it was pretty obvious Taker would win. And don't forget about how HHH was "obvioulsy" going to beat Cena at Mania 22, then again at Mania XXIV. Things change.

As for the show itself, I thought it was pretty good. All of the (real) matches had moderately clean endings (I suppose you could argue - and Jericho probably will en route to his Mania XXV match with Austin - that Stone Cold cost Jericho his match, but it was really a clean Batista bomb) and were all good. Too early to take the belt of Jericho but the push they keep giving Dave really did necessitate him winning it more sooner than later.

Striker either went into business for himself or the "no more Superstar" edict is already dead (or perhaps never existed). He kept calling Bourne and Hardy athletes AND Superstars (though he did settle on entertainers at least once). I was expecting to be hammered with entertainer references tonight but so far so good and not going overboard.

What's so bad about Batista winning? He's been in so many title matches, and he needs to win the title at some point or he'll just be that guy who can't win the big match. As for Jericho, I don't think he's hurt at all...the whole point of his character is the righteous indignation thing. So now he can complain about being screwed over and probably work a short program with Batista. Is that so bad?

Batista winning is bad because he beat Jericho and is a big pumped up idiot who can't work. If CM Punk beat Jericho for the belt it would have been the greatest PPV of all time.

damn right there. The whole internet would mark out, and I'm very sure almsot everybody that watches WWE would mark out if that happened. Also in regards to the costume contest, dear lord Maria and Mickie are hot.

Batista winning is bad because he beat Jericho and is a big pumped up idiot who can't work. If CM Punk beat Jericho for the belt it would have been the greatest PPV of all time.

damn right there. The whole internet would mark out, and I'm very sure almsot everybody that watches WWE would mark out if that happened. Also in regards to the costume contest, dear lord Maria and Mickie are hot.

No. The internet might, but for every person that gives a shit about CM Punk, there are probably 1,000 more that care about Batista. So no.

Cyber Sunday has lost its appeal with me, the novelty has worn off and its starting to make the gimmick matches feel like - well - gimmick matches. Matches that mean nothing. The opponenant picking is good, I like it, sometimes it seems really odd and can even 'make' a star (ala Jeff Hardy a few years ago when they had to doctor the vote in HBK's favor).

The results didn't matter much to me, as at this point I really don't like or buy into the concept anymore. Though, I do remembering thinking Michelle McCool looks like a crack whore now and how didn't Maria win?

I don't have an ounce of problem with Batista winning other than Jericho did get made to look like his bitch leading into the show and leaves the show looking like his bitch. Jericho has been the strongest heel on RAW for some time but not against Batista. I don't know, it's weird. Jericho was the one thing they were doing right until this Batista feud, then he was made to look like the complete fool he always looks against guys bigger than him.

I think it has more to do with Vince's maniac belief that small guys cannot beat big guys in real life than Batista demanding the belt. It's not Dave's fault, he was just bigger than Chris. The only saving grace for Jericho is that maybe he can claim he was screwed and then he can...honestly, I don't know where the hell they go with Chris now. They are probably hell bent on Batista vs Cena so unless Adamle gives him back the belt, he honestly has nothing to do at Survivor Series. That's a little bit confusing.

To change the debate a bit...

People who complain how many times Hardy has lost to Triple H in WWE Title Matches...

...how many times did it take before Punk was able to beat Morrison back when they were doing that ECW Title Feud?

...how many times did it take before Punk was able to beat Morrison back when they were doing that ECW Title Feud?

That was ridiculous. Punk somehow couldn't beat Morrison for a while and then he finally wins the belt on TV.

for every person that gives a shit about CM Punk, there are probably 1,000 more that care about Batista.

Exaggerate much?

That was ridiculous. Punk somehow couldn't beat Morrison for a while and then he finally wins the belt on TV.

Well, they could have been building to a big payoff match, but Morrison had to drop the belt immediately so that he could serve a 30-day suspension.

As much "fun" as Batista/Cena for the belt at WM would be, I have been hoping that Batista winning the belt would lead to him losing to Orton in a month or two and then setting up Punk winning the Rumble and having the real big Mania moment that could make his career.

The opponenant picking is good, I like it, sometimes it seems really odd and can even 'make' a star (ala Jeff Hardy a few years ago when they had to doctor the vote in HBK's favor).

What are you talking about? I've never heard anything about WWE altering the voting for Taboo Tuesday/Cyber Sunday.

Batista certainly can work, he's a more than acceptable big man wrestler when properly motivated. The man's problem is that his head has not always been in the game. Let's see if he can keep it there this time.

Cyber Sunday has lost its appeal with me, the novelty has worn off and its starting to make the gimmick matches feel like - well - gimmick matches. Matches that mean nothing. The opponenant picking is good, I like it, sometimes it seems really odd and can even 'make' a star (ala Jeff Hardy a few years ago when they had to doctor the vote in HBK's favor).

The results didn't matter much to me, as at this point I really don't like or buy into the concept anymore. Though, I do remembering thinking Michelle McCool looks like a crack whore now and how didn't Maria win?

I don't know why people refuse to believe this, but the Cyber Sunday voting is legit. It's not rigged, it's not doctored, and HBK was the legit winner.