TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - November 3, 2008

For a second I was going to be seriously annoyed....thinking that Jericho hit Batsita in the head with a weapon, had his entire body on the other side of the cage....and would still.

But he won. Oh my. He won.

Wow... I did not expect Jericho to win. But while I am happy, do you guys agree that we've had way too many title changes lately? This is the 5th time the world title has changed hands in less than 6 months, and the third in less than 2 months. If Cena wins at SS, the title would basically be worthless due to the number of changes.

I don't like the title changing hands too much either, but at least it's Jericho winning it back. Got to say though, this is like the attitude era where they kept changing titles like a month after and shit. Hopefully Jericho holds it till at least the Rumble.

I've just finished The Death of WCW. Apparently, their world title changed hands a lot towards the end.

They were also hemorrhaging money and owned by a conglomerate that wanted them gone. WWE is still making a fuckton of money and is owned by Vince McMahon who doesn't want WWE to go anywhere.

When The Rock won the title in '98 (Survivor Series tourney) all the way to the following year, the title changed hands 14 times (not including the time the title was vacated). I think they'll be fine.

I wasn't saying the WWE was going out of business. It would be hard for them to because of their huge video library.

It sounded to me like that was exactly what you were saying.

I hope this doesn't cement Cena walking home champion...

If he did, would he customize the World Heavyweight Championship, I wonder...

He did for his last two singles titles...

I was shocked that Jericho won tonight but I think the deal was this: They never really wanted to put it on Batista but were booked into a corner. There was a special ref (Austin), stips that Jericho couldn't run, etc. There was no feasible way he could win the match. So Batista got a title win and they put it right back on Jericho.

1) My dad was watching with me tonight and talking about how corny wrestling is. Then the ring filled up with a bunch of wrestlers dancing around for no apparent reason at all. I have never laughed so hard before. I loved it.

2) Jericho champ! Wooo!

What an awesome RAW.

Hey wrestling fans! An exciting episode of Raw in the can. That crazy WWE, what will they do next to entertain us?

A quick note about future threads:

1. sabre is banned until he can find his shift key.

2. foleyfanforever88 is banned until he starts liking the same things I do (Kozlov rules!). His prior comments about Vickie weren't very nice either.

I enjoyed it when Santino referenced the Subway sandwich deal with Lawler. There was also a pretty amusing sign - "Kofi Kingston... Straight Edge?" (hey Marvin, note that it's "...", not "..". Don't make me sabre you). I also didn't realize Lena was a heel. Or anything.

Fans we'll see you next week in England.

I enjoyed it when Santino referenced the Subway sandwich deal with Lawler.

I'm glad someone else noticed that. Santino brings psychology to his interviews! Also want to chime in and say that I hope Jericho adds the fact that he's the first person in WWE history to win the title in a cage match to his spiel about beating Rock and Austin to be the first Undisputed Champ.

That was one of the weirdest title changes I've seen lol. When Jericho hit the floor, it was the most awkward time ever until the show went off. It seemed more like Jericho retained the title more than winning it that night. The match seemed to be worked to look that way. Plus Jericho stiffed the hell out of Batista with that hook twice. That B.S. spot at the end must have pissed him off because he did not pull those punches.

The whole thing was just awkward, almost had me wondering if Jericho winning wasn't planned or something. Batista just sitting there threw me off and Jericho not really celebrating threw me off as well. Even Lawler and Cole seemed nonchalant about the title change. Weird.

That was one of the weirdest title changes I've seen lol. When Jericho hit the floor, it was the most awkward time ever until the show went off. It seemed more like Jericho retained the title more than winning it that night. The match seemed to be worked to look that way. Plus Jericho stiffed the hell out of Batista with that hook twice. That B.S. spot at the end must have pissed him off because he did not pull those punches.

The whole thing was just awkward, almost had me wondering if Jericho winning wasn't planned or something. Batista just sitting there threw me off and Jericho not really celebrating threw me off as well. Even Lawler and Cole seemed nonchalant about the title change. Weird.

I think the blame is on Cole and Lawler. They're total lack of surprise or any kind of emotion at all killed it I think.

I think they only gave Batista the title so they can say they had a World Title change on their 800th show celebration.

Exactly what I was thinking

A fair thought, but they also needed to give Batista a title win on PPV. You can't lose all of your title matches. To me, this just says "we had plans for Jericho to hold the belt longer but didn't want Big Dave looking like a goof again on PPV".

Pretty decent RAW. Of course, when you just put together a bunch of high profile matches for a three hour shows, it's hard to make it that boring.

I enjoyed the cage match, but more for the ending than anything. Jericho and Batista didn't seem like they were clicking in the ring at all. I thought they were going somewhere with Batista's leg getting injured, but that seemed to go nowhere at the end. Also, there was at least two instances in the match where either Jericho or Batista could have won by simply falling backwards out the door, but they didn't. Batista in particular moved really slowly when trying to prevent Jericho from escaping. I don't know if that was intentional or he was trying to build more drama, or what.

The way everyone was reacting, I almost expected Shane McMahon come out and re-start the match, due to Jericho using the foreign object. Still, it was nice to see Jericho get the belt back, since Batista as champion was pretty pointless right now.

I now think the elimination match at Survivor Series will be Team Shane vs. Team Stephanie. Or not.

:throwup:

Do we really need another round of battling McMahons? The correct answer, of course, is "no."

I now think the elimination match at Survivor Series will be Team Shane vs. Team Stephanie. Or not.

:throwup:

Do we really need another round of battling McMahons? The correct answer, of course, is "no."

Yeah, wasn't the 2003 shit with Vince/Stephanie bad enough?

I really don't think this hurts the credibility of the WHC, since Batista's latest title run was the shortest in the belt's history at 8 days. All other title reigns have had a minimum of 28 days in length, which shows that this title does not have a history of being hot shotted around. A short title reign every now and then just makes the champs look human, and is only good for the belt......just don't go to hell with it, thats all.