TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

The Simpsons Character Draft

At several points, I had the nerds in mind, but they're not great individual picks. A lot of times I would think of someone well before my pick - Akira, Surly, Luigi, Database, etc, but then go with someone else. Leonard Nimoy was actually on my "for sure pick on the next turn" at one point, but I think Bender and Ron Howard getting drafted screwed me up.

My first backup:

Australian Bartender:

"I'll just have a coffee."

"Beer it is."

"No, I said coffee."

"Beer."

"Cof...fee."

"Be...er?"

"C-O..."

"B-E..."

Bruno or Tobias Drundridge would also have been good.

Nitpicky gripes:

At this point I will say there is no legitimate reason I shouldn't have been able to draft Armin Tamzarian. He's as legitimate a character as anyone else, and since I don't live in Springfield, I'm not bound by the torture declaration.

There were two inanimate carbon rods in the episode. Should have specified.

Technically you were free to draft Sgt. Seymour Skinner. The drafting of Principal Skinner would constitute having Armin drafted as well, the same way Krusty the Klown means you have Angry the Crown, Silly Sailor, and Dr. Clownius. But not Crispy the Clown.

I can't find a picture of him now, but I definitely would have taken Sebastian Cobb ("He's not Batman"). George Plimpton is another good one, even though that episode was horrible.

George Harrison is the source of one of my all time favorite gags.

"Hi Homer. I'm George Harrison."

"Oh my god. OH MY GOD! Where did you get that brownie?!"

Lance Murdoch is probably the best unpicked character.

I'm 99.9% sure he wasn't picked but I think even though he's overshadowed by Jon Lovitz's other guest appearances, Lllewellyn Sinclair would have certainly been draft worthy.

sinclair.gif

"I'm not an easy man to work with. While directing "Hats Off to Chanukkah", I reduced more than one cast member to tears. Was I expecting too much from fourth graders? The review 'Play enjoyed by all' *holds up elementary school newspaper with said headline" says it all.

I wanted the Critic. I was thinking about taking Roy, who was in the Poochy episode. Also on my list was the Australian prime minister, Lard Boy statue, the evil koala from the Australian episode, the scientist from the monorail episode and Lyle Lanlie.

I might have pick Mike Socscia , the Angels current manager.

I was disappointed that no one took Lester or Eliza.

Haha, Sinclair is like front and center on my poster, and I'm a huge Lovitz mark, and Streetcar is one of my favorite episodes, and I just always forgot when it came time.

I'm most surprised that none of The Beatles were drafted.

Eh, it's been done.

I was disappointed that no one took Lester or Eliza.

Oh, I definitely would've picked Lester if I thought of him. Same goes for the Dominos Pizza Noid, who I just remembered a few minutes ago.

I'm too lazy to search but I don't think my favorite of the guest stars of the baseball episode has been picked...

1211344623396.jpg...Wade Boggs!

"LORD PALMERSTON!"

"PITT THE ELDER!"

Fuck, any of the guest stars on the episode could have been drafted and it would have been a great pick. Fun fact: Canseco doesn't like to talk about his guest appearance on that episode. What a dope!

Jon Lovitz's third character Lllewellyn Sinclair was differently one of my top choices. Since I got the other two I really thought of getting Sinclair as my final draft pick to pull the hat trick but there was just to many characters to really pick from. Wade Boggs was also very heavily considered...but he wouldn't get rid of those damn sideburns.

Damnit! I haven't seen that episode in years so I guess I mixed the two up. Well good thing I didn't pick Boggs then.

I'm 99.9% sure he wasn't picked but I think even though he's overshadowed by Jon Lovitz's other guest appearances, Lllewellyn Sinclair would have certainly been draft worthy.

sinclair.gif

"I'm not an easy man to work with. While directing "Hats Off to Chanukkah", I reduced more than one cast member to tears. Was I expecting too much from fourth graders? The review 'Play enjoyed by all' *holds up elementary school newspaper with said headline" says it all.

That would have been a great fuckin' pick. He was on my shortlist, but I figured someone would scoop him up, so I wasn't too attached to picking him.

That doesn't make sense. If someone is on your shortlist, and it's your turn... pick him/her. Otherwise, it's a horseshit thing to say. That's not directed to any specific person. But I've seen such a statement crop up often through these drafts.