TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thanks for the Fish

Christian Cage / WWE

If Tomko is in "poor physical shape" then how in the hell do guys like Festus receive pushes and make it to TV/the main roster? Am I the only one who thinks that Vince suffers from bi-polar disorder..? Someone needs to get the old coot on meds, asap.

Festus theme music is called "Biscuit and Gravy".

He desn't look in bad shape, but he looks in normal shape. Vince probably figures that if you're taking your comeback seriously you'd come in peak shape given that you had nothing to do except work out the last handful of weeks. His physique is really less than impressive there, he looks pasty and saggy, and the match seemed rather shitty to boot.

You get pasty and saggy out of a badly handled and out of focus handicam video? Wow, good call there eagle eye.

Recent WWE signing Tyson Tomko is dealing with a torn pectoral muscle. There are some within the company that believe Tomko actually went into his dark match at Raw in Pittsburgh against Paul Burchill with the injury, trying to keep it quiet from WWE management. Tomko was seen sporting his arm in a sling the day after the Raw taping, so he either went in hurt or was injured in the Burchill bout.

While Tomko was said to have gotten a good reaction from the live crowd in Pittsburgh, one person who wasn't a fan of his work is said to be Vince McMahon. According to several sources, Vince McMahon was unhappy with the dark match this past Monday, which has led to a lot of talk within the company that Tomko's return may be a short one.

There were a number of people inside the company who were immediately parroting McMahon's feelings over the last few days, noting Tomko looked heavier, which if he did go into the dark match hurt, makes sense, since he couldn't work out with a pectoral tear.

I want to note that there are rumors Tomko has already been dropped from the company, but I am unable to substantiate those as of this writing. There were expected to be more releases from the company shortly, so it's certainly within the realm of possibility.

I'll guess this is from pwinsider. No source was given from the site I'm stealing it from so I can't credit the source really. I'm sure somebody will be able to give credible sourcing sooner or later around here.

Is it from PWI or F4W? Make up your minds, kids.

Anyhow:

--Regarding Travis Tomko, the story that Vince McMahon blew up at John Laurinaitis because Tomko was out of shape (apparently due to a torn right pec) in his Monday night dark match is true. What Tomko's future is or isn't in WWE isn't confirmed.

Is it from PWI or F4W? Make up your minds, kids.

Anyhow:

--Regarding Travis Tomko, the story that Vince McMahon blew up at John Laurinaitis because Tomko was out of shape (apparently due to a torn right pec) in his Monday night dark match is true. What Tomko's future is or isn't in WWE isn't confirmed.

I just watched the YouTube Video. Though I can't make an accurate statement as to how Tomko looked (camera too far away and Tomko is so white he's blown out), I can say that that was one PATHETIC dark match. I don't know who was calling the match, but all I saw was Punch, Punch, Punch, Weak-Ass Irish Whip, Rest Hold, Punch, Punch, Botched Arm Drag, Punch, Punch, Punch, Punch (Did I mention those weren't very believable and that if everybody starts overselling Tomko's punches like this that they need to apologize to Dave Batista, Kane, and anybody else on the roster over 240lbs?) Something weak in the corner, and finally YAY! Powerslam.

I watched TNA during the period earlier this year when it actually showed signs of improvement. While I was never a big Tomko fan in WWE, I actually was okay with him in TNA. I thought they used him well and that he had improved considerably. After the trip to Japan, he was incredibly over. I was actually looking forward to his WWE return, but if this is all he brought with him, forget it. That was a sorry excuse for a match

And for the record, Tomko was looking pasty and his man-tits were saggy toward the end of his TNA run too.

Tomko had a bit of sag in the chest, and a very small amount of pudge in his midsection upon leaving TNA, but he was still in better physical condition than most males will ever be in. I hope WWE gives him a chance to heal his pectoral tear before giving him another match. I'm really looking forward to him eventually making it to TV.

Tomko had a bit of sag in the chest, and a very small amount of pudge in his midsection upon leaving TNA, but he was still in better physical condition than most males will ever be in. I hope WWE gives him a chance to heal his pectoral tear before giving him another match. I'm really looking forward to him eventually making it to TV.

Oh hey, Has - by no means was I saying "I'm in better shape than Tomko. Hahahaha. I wish. He just doesn't look like the 'prototype' big man like he used to during his WWE run. Of course he's older too."

I just hope he gets it together. Cause frankly I'm not looking forward to anything more than I am the "Return of Christian" storyline which I have to believe he's involved in. As long as they make it a slow burn return, and a compelling storyline, I'll forgive a lot of Tomko's woes in the rings.

Tomko should just stick to Japan. He was a super gaijin monster with Bernard over there.. I mean, unless he's got a wife and kid who won't move there with him or something then that's probably the best place for him.

I can EXCLUSIVELY report that Tomko and WWE will likely be parting ways in the near future.

The latest update I can give you is that Tomko was told by WWE officials that they were going to be putting him in a full body suit/mask so that fans would not know he was Tomko upon his return to the company.

According to my sources, Tomko refused to do the gimmick if he was not able to be himself. Tomko feels he's worked extremely hard to build up his current character and felt that a mask gimmick would not fit him right now.

Tomko has asked for his release from the company and it'll likely be given in the near future.

I'll guess PWI again.

That's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard. You're going to sign this big guy with a killer look, and throw him in a full body suit and mask? Unless he was going to eventually unmask and just be Tomko, that's pretty lame. Shame, really. As long as WWE still lets Christian use "Just Close Your Eyes", I'll be somewhat happy.

I understand Tomko's frustration but at the same time, it's the WWE. He should just do the masked gimmick for a little while and once he can impress Vince McMahon, talk to the office about taking the mask off or just drop the gimmick and let him wrestle as himself.

Or just offer to wrestle in FCW for a little while until the WWE feels better about his in-ring shape.

I can EXCLUSIVELY report that Tomko and WWE will likely be parting ways in the near future.

The latest update I can give you is that Tomko was told by WWE officials that they were going to be putting him in a full body suit/mask so that fans would not know he was Tomko upon his return to the company.

According to my sources, Tomko refused to do the gimmick if he was not able to be himself. Tomko feels he's worked extremely hard to build up his current character and felt that a mask gimmick would not fit him right now.

Tomko has asked for his release from the company and it'll likely be given in the near future.

I'll guess PWI again.

How can you guess? Just say where you got it from.

He got fired in Japan.

Well, no. NJPW just didn't re-sign him. He probably could've hit up AJPW again for another deal but he most likely thought he was going to be hot shit in the States. Guess he forgot how the biz goes over here.

I'll guess PWI again.

I wonder if this was Freddie Jr's idea?

Vince can't trademark Tomko since it's his real last name. Vince probably wanted to create a new character which he could trademark and Tomko didn't want to give up what which could be good money down the line, both in contract talks and with post-wwe career indie dates.

Wwe has 2-3 developmentals that are near Tomko's size, so if they really had a character ready, wouldn't they just plug one of those under the mask?

Hade Vansen was said to be debuting under a mask and that was flase - I wonder if it was a test more than anything and Tomko balked.

Tomko knew he wanted to go to WWE after the TNA/Japan deals fell through, he should've been juicing up before he got signed, then cycled off when he realised he was getting signed.

I hope you're not serious. Suggesting that a wrestler should juice to get into the WWE in this day and age? I realize that Tomko probably does use, but that's pretty stupid to expect it of him.