TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thanks for the Fish

Christian Cage / WWE

WWE has booked a bit differently lately. At least on the RAW side. I would've be surprised to see Christian maintain a high card position throughout his WWE run as long as he's over.

One of the guys working for Scott D'amore told me that Cage was heading back to the E.

But TNA had a chance to match and he wouldnt burn them.

Jay is a good kid so he wouldnt screw Jarrett.

I heard from a few people in the know that WWE is close to scrapping ECW.

Sometime in December seems to be the make or break date for that.

When I see guys like Burke and Dykstra getting cut, then it seems like they will drop ECW.

From the Impact spoilers:

The Main Event Mafia without Sting destroyed Christian Cage. Kurt Angle said they heard a rumor he was jumping back to WWE and said they are giving him a going away party, and beat him down

This sort of thing makes you think he's staying in TNA, but you can't discount the fact Impact's booking makes 1999/2000 WCW seem like 2000 WWE.

I figure TNA would do something exactly like this to Christian on his way out. They seem to have no problem mentioning WWE, and this segment has Russo written all over it. "Oh, he's going to leave, so let's send him a goodbye present!".

I wouldn't mind the dropping of the Cage surname tbh. I would however enjoy the revival of the Just Close Your Eyes, theme, it's one of the best themes I've ever heard. My only problem is, where to put him and in what role. He'll get a HUGE face pop so i'm assuming that's where he stands, which would mean SD as there are just too many faces on Raw. He may however be a tweener, and keep his current I don't give a shit about anyone I do my own thing character, but with Orton filling that on Raw I guess it's SD time unless he goes as a heel.

F4W Notes on the situation:

For whatever it's worth, most in TNA believe Christian is heading back to WWE in a few weeks when his deal expires. Keep in mind that when he went from WWE to TNA he didn't tell anyone his plans, including close friends who were pretty upset when they found out what happened. After the clown show that was backstage at Turning Point, I can see him wanting to get the fuck out if WWE is interested. It's tough going from the big leagues to the B-show, especially when you're making less money and people are constantly coming up to you asking why you don't wrestle anymore. I suspect Angle will be looking for a way out next year and likely Rhino and some others as well. Spring 2009 is when a lot of contracts are up, and I think a lot of guys will jump at the chance to go to WWE if WWE is interested.

(Yes, I'm violating my own rule about not doing a direct C&P from paysites, but really it was just easier for one paragraph).

It depends on how Vince feels. If he thinks Christian "betrayed" him and the WWE, he'll be in mid-card hell for the length of his contract. If he doesn't hold a grudge over that...well, he'll be in upper mid-card hell or as one of the new centerpiece wrestlers of ECW.

I don't see Vince pushing Christian to the moon. He didn't last time and nothing about Christian has changed except his age.

And if I remember correctly, Vince didnt even give Christian a first class trip home after he stayed on for a few shows to finish up his part in the RAW vs Smackdown! feud in 2005. Not to mention when he first started with TNA, he pretty much slammed WWE.

It would be a nice pickup to bolster WWE, that's for sure.

Really, at this point in his career, I doubt Christian would be going back if he was just going to end up being a JTTS. He could just tell them "No, I'm not doing that", if they want him to start putting over people like crazy. He strikes me as a smart guy who has probably saved his money.

Here's what I don't get. What did Christian expect in TNA? They put the world title on him a couple of times, gave him the biggest push of his career, had him go undefeated for nearly 2 years, etc. What more did he want? If anything based on the talent they had in TNA and his previous spot in WWE one could make the case that TNA overpushed him.

Didn't he show up on Taboo Tuesday after his contract expired because he was one of the candidates for the IC title match, Vince might think that was a classy act on his part.

Wasn't his last match a month later at Survivor Series, or am I getting my years confused again?

F4W Notes on the situation:

For whatever it's worth, most in TNA believe Christian is heading back to WWE in a few weeks when his deal expires. Keep in mind that when he went from WWE to TNA he didn't tell anyone his plans, including close friends who were pretty upset when they found out what happened. After the clown show that was backstage at Turning Point, I can see him wanting to get the fuck out if WWE is interested. It's tough going from the big leagues to the B-show, especially when you're making less money and people are constantly coming up to you asking why you don't wrestle anymore. I suspect Angle will be looking for a way out next year and likely Rhino and some others as well. Spring 2009 is when a lot of contracts are up, and I think a lot of guys will jump at the chance to go to WWE if WWE is interested.

(Yes, I'm violating my own rule about not doing a direct C&P from paysites, but really it was just easier for one paragraph).

Is Angle really that unhappy with TNA? I would be shocked if WWE ever wanted to deal with him again. I guess he could probably get work with Inoki.

Didn't he show up on Taboo Tuesday after his contract expired because he was one of the candidates for the IC title match, Vince might think that was a classy act on his part.

Wasn't his last match a month later at Survivor Series, or am I getting my years confused again?

His last match was at an SD! taping the Sunday before Taboo Tuesday, though he was on hand at both RAW and the PPV (his contract was up that Monday) in case he was needed.

After the clown show that was backstage at Turning Point, I can see him wanting to get the fuck out if WWE is interested.

What happen?

After the clown show that was backstage at Turning Point, I can see him wanting to get the fuck out if WWE is interested.

What happen?

ICP and Scott Hall bum rushed the show. No incident that I know of, though.

Unless there was a different clown show that I don't know about.

Here's what I don't get. What did Christian expect in TNA? They put the world title on him a couple of times, gave him the biggest push of his career, had him go undefeated for nearly 2 years, etc. What more did he want? If anything based on the talent they had in TNA and his previous spot in WWE one could make the case that TNA overpushed him.

He's leaving for the money, not because of his push.

Yes, he's giving TNA a chance to match WWE's offer, which would mean he'd rather be in TNA than WWE for the same money.

Because it's still an easier schedule (barely) and he's closer to his family. If they could give the money and had smart booking, TNA would become a mecca for many. Right now, they have neither of those. And I don't see SpikeTV helping TNA match a WWE offer for Christian. Angle? Sure. But Christian? I have my doubts.

Christian's investments that allowed him to take the lesser pay and lesser schedule in TNA didn't hold up well given the economy. And has been mentioned, wwe never saw him as a main eventer, however with both Hardys, Jericho and Punk all in the title scene, that outlook might have changed.

I don't know if Angle will be welcomed back, simply because he's broke down and there is little money to be made there. I could see him heading to a MMA company as a commentator where is Olympic credentials are still highly respected.

I doubt there is a spot for Rhino either. D'Von gets on well with the wwe, but not Bubba.

I don't know if Angle will be welcomed back, simply because he's broke down and there is little money to be made there. I could see him heading to a MMA company as a commentator where is Olympic credentials are still highly respected.

I know this is two years old, but this may be an indication of whether or not Kurt would be welcomed back into WWE.

I know this is two years old, but this may be an indication of whether or not Kurt would be welcomed back into WWE.

Be sure to visit the link where RVD and Tatanka talk about smoking the "peace pipe."

Meltzer said he expects Angle to be back in WWE one day.

A lot of TNA wrestlers who used to work for WWE have a lot of fans come up to them and ask if they still wrestle, which doesn't help TNA's cause

I know it'll probably NEVER happen...

But the one person I'd like to see go to WWE, even if it is for just a year or so, just so we could see it, would be Sting.

Maybe because recently, I was thinking about what a Crow era Sting vs. current Undertaker match would be like.

But the one person I'd like to see go to WWE, even if it is for just a year or so, just so we could see it, would be Sting.

Maybe because recently, I was thinking about what a Crow era Sting vs. current Undertaker match would be like.

Sting hangs his hat on the fact he never "sold out" to Vince. It could have been epic around the time Vince bought WCW, but knowing how that was booked it probably would have sucked anyways.

He probably would sign him to the Legends deal anyway and have him get punted by Orton, thus starting another Orton vs Legend feud.

As for Christian, him leaving TNA doesn't surprise me considering the company's insanity towards booking lately. Hopefully he'll get a Jericho-like return and get thrusted into the main event scene on Smackdown or something. Then again, knowing WWE, we'll get another rehashed feud that was fresh a decade ago (Hardyz vs E&C). Secretly wishing for the 5-second pose, though. :)

What happen?

ICP and Scott Hall bum rushed the show. No incident that I know of, though.

Unless there was a different clown show that I don't know about.

Rhino was/is pissed that they showed up with TNA claiming they went into business for themselves while those in the know say it's Russo "doing his thing" to work people.