TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL Week 12

Guest Vitamin X

Aaron really Favred that one. God damn.

EDIT: Oh, Jennings slipped. Still. Hell of a deficit to make up, especially when your defense can't stop shit.

Guest Vitamin X

Fuck this season.

EDIT: Whoops, overreacted a bit there. Thanks Sean Payton, for getting cute there.

Now here's hoping that play will end up biting the Saints in the rear end.

Probably not since our defense hasn't done anything all game besides that one play and our offense is one dimensional now, since we are down by 17.

Guest Vitamin X
What happened to the team from last week??

This is just horribile.

Well we went from playing the Bears to playing the Saints. That's what happened.

Fuck this season.

EDIT: Whoops, overreacted a bit there. Thanks Sean Payton, for getting cute there.

Payton drives me crazy with his look at me playcalling at times. I'm just glad that didn't bite us in the ass.

Brees is on a mission tonight.

Guest Vitamin X

Great catch. 16 points is a hell of a long shot but if any team can choke up 24 points in the 4th quarter, it might just be the Saints...

Guest Vitamin X

Or not.

Fuck you Sean Payton, going for 2 when you're up by 22 points. The hell.

An extra point would have broken the Saints record for points in a game, now they've only tied it. I'd say they can score again though.

3 plays -1 yard punt 1:35

1 play 70 yards TD 0:22

4 plays 41 yards TD 2:33

9 plays 76 yards TD 5:24

6 plays 20 yards FG because the half was ending 1:42

13 plays 80 yards TD 6:26

2 plays 3 yards TD 0:08

2 plays 6 yards INT on a trick play 0:41

3 plays 73 yards TD 1:28

5 plays 42 yards TD 2:58

Well hey, at least the Packers are dominating Time of Possession

Guest Vitamin X

Something I didn't realize until yesterday was that the Saints haven't played a game at the Superdome in six weeks- had I known that before, I would've been a lot less confident in the Packers winning the game. I hate to talk about intangibles and all, considering that Drew Brees had an excellent game tonight and the Pack's secondary looked considerably overrated (although a lot of Brees' yards came against the depleted LB corps) but you just knew the Saints would want to come out strong in front of their fans here.

I know it's a blowout but I hate when the announcers start talking about other teams. Stupid McNabb and the Eagles.

And I also had a feeling that they would lose to the Saints but I didn't think this bad. Now it only gets harder from here...We got to play Carolina next week.

Brunell and Bell time!

I figured the Saints would be jakked up tonight because of that bullshit road trip the NFL put them on, but the fact that they hadn't won two in a row worried me.

Something I didn't realize until yesterday was that the Saints haven't played a game at the Superdome in six weeks- had I known that before, I would've been a lot less confident in the Packers winning the game. I hate to talk about intangibles and all, considering that Drew Brees had an excellent game tonight and the Pack's secondary looked considerably overrated (although a lot of Brees' yards came against the depleted LB corps) but you just knew the Saints would want to come out strong in front of their fans here.

And I thought the Ravens' stretch of 5 out of 6 on the road due to the Hurricane was bad..

I am just curious, how are the Packers fans on this board dealing with Favre being in first place for the Jets while Aaron has the team 5-6? Are you guys rooting for Bret? I believe the better the Jets do in the playoffs the better the draft pick the Packers get from them. Am I correct?

Guest Vitamin X

Good win for the Saints here, and now every game is a must-win for the Packers.. Even then, we'd still have to hope Minnesota loses two more games, since they would have the better record against common opponents, having beat New Orleans and Carolina, who Green Bay faces next week. The NFC North's divisional race might come down to next week. If Chicago wins and Green Bay loses, they control their own destiny; same thing with Minnesota. However, if Green Bay wins next week, it's just going to complicate things further- Chicago wins, it'll come down to the Green Bay-Chicago game, Minnesota wins, they have to win out and Green Bay has to lose one more in order to win.

Ah, it's that time of year again! Also, if the Saints can win out (really unlikely, but possible) they might make it into the playoffs since they still have all their divisional games coming up, with two of those at home and the only one on the road being against Tampa, who they beat in Week 1.

Guest Vitamin X
I am just curious, how are the Packers fans on this board dealing with Favre being in first place for the Jets while Aaron has the team 5-6? Are you guys rooting for Bret? I believe the better the Jets do in the playoffs the better the draft pick the Packers get from them. Am I correct?

At first I have to say I was pretty bitter against Brett for how he handled the offseason- I would have been okay with him coming back, all things considered, but I couldn't shake the memory of that last pick against the Giants in OT of the NFC Championship last year. Now, I don't mind seeing him do well, seeing as how it benefits the Packers anyways, and Aaron's done as much as he can, I think, although obviously it's a bit of a step down in QB play. Green Bay showed more of a commitment to its future by going with Rodgers, rather than trying to win now, and I think that's an admirable thing to do considering how good the NFC is and how tough it would've been for Green Bay, Favre or not.

That said, Brett can win you games as much as he can lose you a game. Green Bay has lost 4 of their 6 games this year by 3 points or less- the only times they've gotten their butts outright kicked were tonight and the game against Dallas in Week 3. I wonder sometimes if a huge Favre bomb would've turned some of those losses into wins or if him trying to do too much would've resulted in those games being a lot less closer. The worrying point for me was that Aaron's thrown a couple bad interceptions in critical games- Atlanta and Tampa Bay come to mind, as well as tonight's pair in the 3rd quarter- so who knows. It really doesn't matter though, Favre is likely to leave the Jets high and dry pretty soon and Rodgers will still keep playing and hopefully improving with the Packers. I think if you look at the NFC this year, it's fairly obvious that even though I'll still contend they're better than their record indicates, Green Bay isn't doing much of anything this year. Neither is anyone in the NFC North, and probably not from the NFC West either (sorry, Arizona). The NFC representative for the Super Bowl is definitely coming from the South or East, whether it's the dominant Giants, the resurgent Cowboys, the Redskins who aren't quite out of it yet, or anyone from the South who all look like they could win big.

The only thing I'd be happy with a playoff appearance would be more like a consolation prize, all things considered. I think anyone who can get into the playoffs in the AFC can win the whole darn thing too, by virtue of their conference being a total crapshoot.

Guest Vitamin X

That's proboubly a gooud thing you couldn't dou that, boub, cheering for your favourite team.