CAR @ ATL

NYG @ ARI

WAS @ SEA

Sunday Night Football

IND @ SD

Monday Night Football

GB @ NO

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I think this is a good week to predict the playoffs. We pretty much know what every team is capable of doing, what they suck at, and who they have left to play.

Here's my predictions:

AFC

1. Tennessee. I'm finally sold on these guys. They'll lose at least one of their remaining games, but ain't no way they're choking the division or going worse than 14-2.

2. Pittsburgh. They're through the worst part of their schedule at 7-3, with a zillion injuries. They're going to the postseason, and I don't see any big upsets or jumps.

3. Miami. Yes, the Dolphins are winning their division, and I'm aware how insane that sounds. They've won 4 straight, and have a lot of cupcakes left on their schedule. Buffalo's wheels are officially off with the wide right last night. The Jets have a couple tough'ns, and fuck New England.

4. Denver. San Diego is officially in shitty shape, and I don't think they have enough juice left to jump the Broncos. The rest of the division blows.

5. Indianapolis. They're going to be sneaky good coming in to the postseason. Their schedule softens up as well, and if things beyond their control get sticky, they have head to head wins against Baltimore and New England.

6. New York Jets. Process of elimination. Baltimore's remaining schedule is disgusting, no one in the west is worth a damn, and three teams aren't making it from the south.

NFC

1. New York Giants. The real deal. Balanced on both sides of the ball, stellar line play, playmakers, and the defending champs. Deserving of home field respect.

2. Arizona. If they really want to compete, they have to smash the rest of their remaining divisional opponents. I think they'll do that.

3. Carolina. Same logic as Arizona, only I think they have a tougher road there.

4. CHICAGO BEARS FTW~! Someone has to win this division. I detailed why I like their chances in last week's thread.

5. Tampa Bay. I like them defensively, and everything about them seems..solid.

6. Dallas Cowboys. With Romo's return, I see them making a hee-yuge run to finish the season, only to get bounced by Carolina in the first round.

Miami gags in the first round. Ditto Denver, even if it's at Mile-High. That gives me Tennessee/New York and Pittsburgh/Indy. I'll take The Jets in a shocker where Favre goes absolutely apeshit and throws for a million yards, and the Colts, since I picked them before the season started. I realize this is both wildcard teams, which is retarded. Now I'm going to homer it up and put Indy in the superbowl. Why jump ship now?

Carolina beats Dallas in a laugher. Tampa kills Chicago to death in a game full of horrific coaching gaffes from the Bears part. Chicago's collective meaty head explodes. Giants stomp Carolina at home. Arizona looks amazing and just outscores Tampa in a decently competitive matchup. Arizona then gives the Giants hell, but can't get it done on the road in the middle of winter. Kurt Warner breaks his leg, graphically.

Manning Bowl: Can't go against my pick. I'm taking Indy all the way, against all common sense.

AFC:

1. Tennessee - They should have this wrapped up by the time December starts.

2. Pittsburgh - Best of a pretty mediocre bunch after the Titans. I can see them getting a bye at 10-6, even.

3. Miami - Fantastic schedule down the stretch should win them the East.

4. Denver - They have a two game lead in the division, and they have KC and Oakland at home. No way does San Diego catch up enough to make the season finale meaningful.

5. Indianapolis - I can see them going to the Super Bowl, honestly. They're much improved over their shaky start.

6. NY Jets - They have a one-game lead right now, and that will turn out to be the difference in the end.

NFC:

1. NY Giants - Your Super Bowl XLIII champions.

2. Tampa Bay - Easier remaining schedule than the Panthers, plus I think they win in Charlotte in three weeks to take the tiebreaker.

3. Arizona - Should squash their remaining divisional opponents, but there's only two of them left, plus they have to travel east twice.

4. Green Bay - Whatever, this division blows. They've got four winnable games left aside from their rematch with the Bears. They'll get in at 9-7.

5. Carolina - Should beat Green Bay and then get crushed by the Giants in the divisional round.

6. Dallas - It'll be either the Redskins or Cowboys in this spot. When it comes down to it, I think Dallas is just a better team than Washington.

Guest Vitamin X
4. CHICAGO BEARS FTW~! Someone has to win this division. I detailed why I like their chances in last week's thread.

I'm sorry, what? I'm fairly sure that's before your precious teddy bears got dominated at Lambeau 37-3. Give me a fucking break. Minnesota has an absolutely brutal schedule coming up, Green Bay has one team left over .500 after this week when they play the .500 Saints and Chicago looks incredibly inconsistent. Not to mention Green Bay is only getting better as Ryan Grant is finally finding his form, giving balance to the offense, and I think Barnett's injury might be a blessing in disguise since I've always believed Hawk was the better guy to put in at Mike and moving Barnett outside would've been ideal, especially against the run. (I think the reason for that is because the MLB is the guy who calls the plays on defense usually and Barnett is pretty much the veteran of the group outside of the two guys at corner)

Either way, I firmly believe Green Bay is in control of their destiny, as long as they don't lose both the Carolina game and the Chicago rematch, which I feel pretty good about. I also think Tampa is a bit of a better team than Carolina, especially considering the 27-3 thrashing they gave them a few weeks back. The Dallas game was a real fuck up for them, especially with Brad Johnson starting for the `Boys, who I agree with you are going to make the playoffs as a wildcard, along with the Panthers. I think the #2 seed is a tad high for the Cardinals, since they have games coming up against the Giants, Eagles, Patriots, and Vikings, all of whom except for New York are going to be fighting for their playoff lives. I think the byes are going to New York and Tampa Bay, with Green Bay and Arizona rounding out the 3 and 4 seeds. In my idealistic scenario, Green Bay either wins out or more realistically drops a game to finish 10-6, but will beat the Cards on tiebreakers as Arizona loses to Minnesota, New England, and either NY or Philly if not both. Either way, I feel pretty confident about those picks, barring a major collapse from one of the teams.

The AFC is a bit of a crapshoot, but I'll call that all three teams in the AFC East that aren't Buffalo make the big dance, while agreeing with the rest of your picks. I am not sure if Miami is good enough to win the division, because New England can still win the tough games and New York is coming on strong, but I definitely think Pittsburgh is in good shape to nab the #2 seed behind Tennessee, as you predicted. Denver will get in and hopefully provide us with some kind of entertaining game- maybe against the Dolphins? Who knows.

Also, how good was that Monday Night game yesterday, featuring two historically choker franchises trying to piss the game away in the final seconds only for the Bills to lose in their most infamous fashion- Wide Right.

I dont think the Steelers are as much of a lock to win the AFC North as people think. They still have to play NE, Tennessee and Baltimore on the Road and Dallas in Dallas in a row starting next week, which is a tough stretch of games. 3 of the Ravens big 4 games remaining (Philly, Washington, Pittsburgh) are all home games and they only play Cincy and Dallas on the Road the rest of the way.

I could easily see the Division coming down to a tiebreaker which is why the Eagles game is so important, as it would give the Ravens an advantage in common games based on the fact that the Eagles beat the Steelers.

I'll separate this into 2 posts, one with Week 12 predictions and then a 2nd with the playoff predictions.

Thurs:

CIN @ PIT: I know the Bengals are coming off their epic tie with the Eagles, but the Steelers can't remotely afford to lose to Cincy with some tough games left. Pittsburgh by 12.

Sunday:

1:00

PHI @ BAL: Okay, after that hideous outing against the Bengals I can't in good conscience pick the Eagles to win at Baltimore. Ravens by 5.

NYJ @ TEN: Really looking forward to this game. Favre will get close to pulling this one off, but against the Titans D he's probably going to throw a key INT that costs the Jets. Titans keep the awesome undefeated vs. winless scenario alive for Thanksgiving. Tennessee by 7.

TB @ DET: Ah, speaking of Thanksgiving....Tampa has to beat down the Lions to keep that matchup alive. This could be closer than expected however, since Tampa sucks on the road. Bucs by 6.

MIN @ JAC: Battle of underachievers. I've never been a big fan of the Jags, just find their style of play boring. Minnesota is just what they are, an adequate team that wins some and loses some but could be better than they are if they had a star QB. Regardless, the Jags could be done after the Titans took their manhood, so I'll take the Vikings by 3.

BUF @ KC: I keep expecting the Chiefs to finally pull off a win, so Zetterberg this pick is for you. Buffalo looks done right now, Chiefs have to win one at home at some point, so I'll take KC by 4.

CHI @ STL: The Bears got waxed badly at Lambeau, but playing the Rams is a good way to get back on track. Steven Jackson is still hurt, so the Bears should cruise here. Chicago by 14.

NE @ MIA: This is by far the hardest game to call of the week. On one hand Miami is winning but look really mediocre in doing so, beating Seattle and Oakland by 2 points each. Pats always struggle in Miami, but will Cassel? This just seems like a scenario where Belichick finds a way to steal one on the road, so I'll take NE by 3.

SF @ DAL: Niners are starting to play better under Singletary but this is another game that Dallas can't afford to lose if they want to get to the playoffs. I think it will be tougher than expected though. Dallas by 7.

HOU @ CLE: Houston puzzles me, since they play the Colts like their lives depend on it but suck against most everyone else. When in doubt, take the home team in a game like this. Browns by 8.

4:00

OAK @ DEN: Still not remotely buying Denver, and the way things would go now they would get the Colts in another first round beating. That said, it's at Mile High, so they will take care of the Raiders yet again. Broncos by 10.

CAR @ ATL: All right Panthers, the crappy part of the schedule is over. Falcons desperately need a win after letting the Denver game slip away, so I think ATL bears down and somehow escapes with a win. Carolina hasn't proven much on the road thus far anyway. Falcons by 4.

NYG @ ARI: Cardinals are actually favored to win this game, but has Vegas watched their last 2 games? They barely escaped SF, and almost coughed up a game to Seattle. Even with Bradon Jacobs banged up the Giants should punish Kurt Warner and get the win here. NYG by 9.

WAS @ SEA: Okay, this is the upset pick of the week. Seattle is still reasonably tough at home and the Redskins are coming back down to earth after a hot start. Seattle by 2.

Sunday Night Football

IND @ SD: Colts never quite seem to catch the Chargers at the right time, since SD desperately needs to win this game while Indy can lose maybe 2 more and still be in the playoffs. Yet if the Colts can't beat the Chargers now, when will they ever do it? I'm torn. When in doubt, take the more desperate team. SD by 1, though I hope I'm wrong.

Monday Night Football

GB @ NO: This should be an entertaining game. Packers look tremendous at times but baffling in some games, Saints are quite the same. In another battle of 5-5 teams, I'll take the team at home. Saints by 5 in a wild, high scoring affair.

AFC

1. Titans - I don't think they'll go undefeated ('cause they'll rest players once the #1 seed is clinched) but they're without a doubt the best team in the conference. 15-1.

2. Steelers - They've got a bit of a rough schedule remaining but nothing that'll take the division away from them. 11-5.

3. Jets - Shocker, I think they're going to win the division. They'll probably lose to the Titans and get one more head-scratching loss from the rest of their cakewalk schedule, though. 11-5.

4. Broncos - God does the AFC West suck. 9-7.

5. Colts - Too bad they played so poorly at the beginning of the year 'cause this is probably the best they're gonna do now. 10-6.

6. Patriots - The Ravens got exposed and I'm not sold on the Dolphins yet. Suffice to say their game this week will probably be for the final spot. 10-6.

NFC

1. Giants - Scary, scary team. 14-2.

2. Cardinals - What? Seriously? 12-4.

3. Buccaneers - I'm amazed the Panthers are still at the top of this division. 11-5.

4. Packers - And the NFC North had such promise at the beginning of the year. 9-7.

5. Panthers - I'm still baffled that they have eight wins. Playoffs are all but assured but I like Tampa for the division. 11-5.

6. Redskins - Solely because they've got the easiest remaining schedule of the six win teams. 10-6.

AFC

1. Titans- Best team in the AFC. My pick for AFC rep in the Super Bowl

2. Jets- I like this team to finish strong down the stretch and lock up the second first round bye.

3. Steelers- Should win their weak division, can't see the Ravens catching up.

4. Broncos- Shame this team will get a home playoff game. Should be out of the playoffs wildcard weekend

5. Colts- They finally come together and get the first wildcard spot via tiebreak over the Patriots

6. Patriots- Sorry, can't buy the Dolphins making the playoffs over the Patriots, especially with three more division games left for the phins.

NFC

1. Giants- The Giants should march to the Super Bowl with this field. I don't think anyone could challenge.

2. Carolina- Second Best team in NFC.

3. Arizona- Plays in a weak division, will lose wildcard weekend

4. Packers- Has an easy schedule down the strech plus I don't want VX to get mad at me.

5. Tampa Bay- Should easily get to the divisional playoffs over weak West or North champ.

6. Cowboys- Will somehow make the playoffs much to the chagrin of millions and will win a game this time!

And now, playoff predictions:

AFC:

1. Tennessee. I don't know if they will actually run the table, but the #1 seed is basically locked up at this point.

2. NY Jets. The Jets might lose 2 more games (Tenn and maybe Miami if it means nothing). This year 11-5 could get someone a bye.

3. Baltimore. Tough remaining schedule but most of it is at home. I think they can get to 11-5 or 10-6, probably won't get a bye though.

4. Denver. San Diego should be better than them, but Denver has won the close games. 9-7 may well win that division.

5. Indianapolis. They can't catch the Titans but will likely end up as a wild card team. I'm sure the Broncos will be thrilled to get Indy again in the playoffs.

6. New England Patriots. I don't buy the Dolphins, sorry. Somehow, some way the Pats will scrape by and get enough wins to somehow get in the playoffs, with a win over Pittsburgh being the tiebreaker.

NFC:

1. NY Giants. Sure they have a tough remaining schedule but the only viable teams to catch them are Carolina or Tampa and they also have a tough road.

2. Tampa Bay. The Bucs are a fairly ho hum team to get a bye, but if they can just hold the losses to Atlanta and Carolina they can get to 11-5.

3. Arizona. Cardinals could get a bye with some luck, but they just don't seem quite good enough for that somehow.

4. Green Bay. Just taking a guess here, I doubt whoever comes out of that division wins one game in the playoffs.

5. Carolina. Could flip them with Tampa and I don't recall offhand how the tiebreakers work, so I'll say they go 11-5 and land here.

6. Atlanta. Fairly tough games left, but the key ones are at home. I think they can somehow win enough games to make it over Dallas.

Carolina beats Dallas in a laugher. Tampa kills Chicago to death in a game full of horrific coaching gaffes from the Bears part. Chicago's collective meaty head explodes. Giants stomp Carolina at home. Arizona looks amazing and just outscores Tampa in a decently competitive matchup. Arizona then gives the Giants hell, but can't get it done on the road in the middle of winter. Kurt Warner breaks his leg, graphically.

Those gaffes would have to McNabb-esque in size and scope for the Bucs to win at Chicago in January. If the game is played in temperatures approaching freezing, Jeff Garcia will shatter into a million pieces on contact.

Those gaffes would have to McNabb-esque in size and scope for the Bucs to win at Chicago in January. If the game is played in temperatures approaching freezing, Jeff Garcia will shatter into a million pieces on contact.

He played in Philly.

AFC

1. Titans - I don't really need to explain this one.

2. Jets - The Jets are not the second best team in the conference, but Pittsburgh has a brutal schedule following this weeks matchup against the Bungles so they will manage to grab the #2 seed after holding off Miami & New England.

3. Steelers - As mentioned above, these guys will miss out on the bye but they are probably the #2 team in reality. Injuries and the schedule are tough.

4. Broncos - A two game lead in a terrible division. They will get a home game and then get beat by a WC team in the first round.

5. Colts - The Colts are coming on at just the right time. It is too late for the division, but they will be dangerous in the playoffs.

6. Dolphins - They will take advantage of a cupcake schedule and numerous injuries to New England to squeak by for the final spot. This really comes down to the two teams and it could go either way.

NFC

1. Giants - See the #1 Seed in the AFC.

2. Cardinals - This offence is clicking right now and they could have the West locked up as early as this week. I think this is the #3 team in the NFL right now.

3. Panthers - We are getting late in the year and the Panthers can run the ball and stop the run as well as anybody in the league. They are in the toughest division in the NFL so anything can happen, but the Panthers should be the favourites.

4. Packers - Minnesota is done. They are likely losing both Williams to suspension this week and could be losing Jared Allen as well. That leaves Chicago & Green Bay and we just saw what happened on Sunday. Green Bay is better than their record indicates.

5. Falcons - I have been very impressed with Atlanta this far. Matt Ryan is going to win ROTY easily and like Carolina they have a two-headed monster at RB in Turner & Norwood. Their defence isn't as good, which is why I have them behind the Panthers but it is not unrealistic for them to take the division and get the #3 seed.

6. Redskins - Dallas did not impress me at all on Sunday. Neither did Washington, but they've shown more in other games than Dallas has. Plus they have Portis, who is banged up but still playing the best football of his career. Tampa is a mess right now and now that Graham is going to be out for the year, I can't see them holding up. You can forget about the NFC North. It is division or bust and those teams know it.

Tampa is a mess right now and now that Graham is going to be out for the year, I can't see them holding up.

They're not, though. In fact, every piece that's led them to a 7-3 record is still in place except for Earnest Graham. While I like Earnest and all, he hasn't been that vital to our success. In fact, the passing game has totally carried the offense for the majority of the season. If we can get anything out of the Dunn/Clifton Smith/Cadillac trio, we should be fine.

Another thing: It really tickles me that after everything that's happened in one of the weirdest and most tumultuous tenures any superstar quarterback has ever had with a team, it's going to be this whole "I didn't know games could end in a tie" thing that's going to push McNabb out of Philly. And you just know Gruden is going to work like hell to get him down in Tampa.

They're not, though. In fact, every piece that's led them to a 7-3 record is still in place except for Earnest Graham. While I like Earnest and all, he hasn't been that vital to our success. In fact, the passing game has totally carried the offense for the majority of the season. If we can get anything out of the Dunn/Clifton Smith/Cadillac trio, we should be fine.

I'm not giving them no shot or anything. But there seem to be deeper problems on this team than the Panthers or Falcons. I don't see all 3 NFC South teams making it, so that was my reasoning for leaving Tampa out. That their passing game has carried them is exactly the problem, as it has been inconsistant and with it being November now I see it getting worse before it gets better. Carolina & Atlanta each have two backs that would be undisputed starters in Tampa. It gives them far more flexibility on offence.

AFC:

1. Tennessee (14-2) - They won't win or even make the Super Bowl but they will grab home field.

2. Pittsburgh (11-5) - A great team that has suffered from injuries but has found ways to either win or stay in games.

3. NY Jets (11-5) - Easy schedule plus the injuries of the Pats and inexperience of the Dolphins will give them the division.

4. Denver (9-7) - They're not a good team but they do a good enough job beating bad teams to outlast the pathetic Chargers.

5. Indianapolis (10-6) - Just like I said at the beginning of the season, they struggled early but now will be the team no one wants to face in round 1.

6. New England (10-6) - Still enough talent here, even with injuries, to beat out the young Dolphins and inconsistent Ravens.

NFC:

1. NY Giants (14-2) - Best team in football.

2. Carolina (11-5) - They have a soft enough schedule to outlast the Bucs and Falcons.

3. Arizona (11-5) - Should finish better but Warner always has his trademark stinkers and he's due for one or two.

4. Green Bay (9-7) - Still probably the best in the division.

5. Tampa Bay(10-6) - Their defense is excellent and their offense makes few mistakes.

6. Dallas (9-7) - Too talented and too many jobs on the line for them to miss the playoffs. They'll squeek in past Atlanta.

Playoffs:

Indy will cruise to the AFC finals by crushing Denver and beating the Titans (I still don't buy them winning even one playoff game) and the Jets will finally defeat New England, only to fall to Pittsburgh. In the NFC, the Cowboys will outscore Arizona and the Bucs will upset the Packers. The Giants will crush Dallas and the Bucs will beat the Panthers. AFC finals should be a very tight game which Indy will squeek and the Giants will cruise to the Super Bowl.

And, bias or not, Peyton will beat Eli and the Colts will win the SB.

Chicago looks incredibly inconsistent.

You do know the same can be said of the Packers, right? Actually. After reading everything in this thread, I want to say that people are idiots for not seeing that they are just about even matched. Both are "incredibly inconsistent" and "better than their record indicates".

I mean, clearly I don't have much room to talk about that two days after a shitty game by the Bears and a good game by the Packers, but who's to say this won't happen again in reverse in Chicago? I don't see Rodgers winning that game there. Then after that, we're back to square one, since they match up quite nicely in every tiebreak scenario, I think.

I misread. I just don't like that this one game wipes out everything Chicago did right so far this season. Remember, this team wasn't even supposed to contend to begin with. They lost two games in a row to an undefeated Tennessee team and "Chicago's #1 enemy" Green Bay on the road. All of sudden the Packers are so much better than the Bears. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Sorry Porter, I must be an idiot for thinking that the Packers are possibly better than the Bears. I mean look at the Bears: injured starting quarterback, no serviceable backup, a running game that comes and goes, no visible passing game, an offense thats fortune relies mostly on a hurt kick returner, a defense thats getting older and more porous by the game. The Bears last six games look winnable, but dream on winning the division over a team that just hung fucking 37 points on you.

Like I said, losing by 37 isn't the death knell. The Cowboys lost by 41 to the Vikings in 1970, and still made the title game. It's still two even matched teams.

But I'm being silly to respond to a guy who actually believed Kiffin was to blame for the Raiders' mess.

I wish I was more confident in the Redskins beating Seattle this week, but it is a cross-country flight after an emotional loss. I still think they pull off the win due to how Seattle has been, but I think it will be another close game

Redskins 17

Seattle 13

Playoff Predictions:

AFC EAST: New England continues their reign of terror atop the AFC East in what is certainly their most impressive defense of that title, given the circumstances.

AFC NORTH: I think there's every reason to believe that both Pittsburgh and Baltimore will rack up a few losses down the stretch, as both have murderous schedules. Someone has to win this division, though, and Pittsburgh will wrap it up by beating Baltimore in week 15.

AFC SOUTH: Tennessee is a lock here.

AFC WEST: Denver and it won't be close. The Broncos aren't especially good, but the rest of this division is sad this year.

WILD CARDS: Indianapolis and the J-E-T-S.

NFC EAST: The Giants would seem to be a lock to win it. I don't see them stumbling or the other three teams surging enough to change this.

NFC NORTH: I've been saying, almost without reason or provocation, for weeks now that Chicago is going to come out on top of the massive clusterfuck that is the NFC North. Getting crushed by Green Bay didn't do them any favors, but I still think they'll end up winning this thing by a game or so.

NFC SOUTH: Tampa Bay, although I could be blinded by homerism on this one. The Bucs have successfully navigated the most difficult part of their schedule and now get to play a lot of the marshmallows that Carolina has been getting fat on. Toughest remaining games are against division opponents, with two of those games being on the road. Go 2-1 in those games and they'll win the division.

AFC WEST: Ugggghhhhhh. Arizona by about 20 games.

WILD CARDS: Washington and Carolina.

Seeding looks like this:

1. Tennessee

2. New England

3. Pittsburgh

4. Denver

5. New York

6. Indianapolis

1. New York

2. Tampa Bay

3. Arizona

4. Chicago

5. Carolina

6. Washington

I'll go the safe route with my Super Bowl prediction and say Tennessee vs. New York. Giants win and become Team of the Latter Portion of the Decade.

So if the Titans go undefeated and then get beat by the Giants in the superbowl, that would be HILARIOUS pt. 2

That's my dream scenario.

Eh, the Titans wouldn't be any sort of massive favorite in the Super Bowl against the Giants, so if NY beats them it would be more like "Yeah that makes sense" than a shocker.

Now that I look at the Cardinals' schedule, they have 2 obvious losses left at Philly and NE. I base that mostly off of the hideous results western teams have had coming east. So if they can beat the Giants this week, they can go 11-5. If not, 10-6 is more feasible. Either way they'll win that division.

I don't buy Miami, even with a schedule of losers left. The past 2 weeks they have needed a 2 pt. conversion miss from Seattle and a last minute FG to beat Oakland. Still, going from 1-15 to say 9-7 would be a tremendous improvement.

This disturbs me, but the Patriots have a shot at running the table if they can beat the Dolphins this week. After that it's nothing but Oakland and Seattle on the road, those should be wins. The tough ones were are at home, against the east coast struggling Arizona and the Steelers. Buffalo in the finale may matter or might not depending the playoff scenarios.

Playoff predictions:

AFC:

1. Titans

2. Steelers

3. Jets

4. Broncos

5. Colts

6. Patriots

Jets over Patriots

Colts over Broncos

Titans over Colts

Steelers over Jets

Titans over Steelers

NFC:

1. Giants

2. Cardinals

3. Panthers

4. Packers

5. Cowboys

6. Buccaneers

Buccaneers over Panthers

Cowboys over Packers

Giants over Buccaneers

Cowboys over Cardinals

Giants over Cowboys (FUCK FUCK FUCK)

People are sleeping on the Panthers. If Delhomme keeps his head out of his ass, there as dangerous as anyone. With Muhammad back as the #2 WR, they look a lot like the 03 team that went to the SB.

AFC:

1. Tennessee (15-1)

2. Pittsburgh (11-5)

3. NY Jets (11-5)

4. Denver (9-7)

5. Indianapolis (11-5)

6. New England (10-6)

Record wise, it's almost impossible for the Titans to lose the top spot. I have them going 15-1, because those teams tend not to do very well in the post season. I think Pittsburgh will win the AFC if they don't sustain any more major injuries. Otherwise, I guess Tennessee could take it. The Pats would probably beat the Jets when Favre turns in his standard 2000s playoff performance. Denver will get killed by whoever they face. Pitt/Indy is probably the best game of the playoffs if it happens. Indy could be a major spoiler, but the Titans did shut them down earlier this year, so I'm still leaning Tennessee if those two meet up.

NFC:

1. NY Giants (14-2)

2. Carolina (13-3)

3. Arizona (11-5)

4. Green Bay (9-7)

5. Tampa Bay (10-6)

6. Dallas (10-6)

The Giants seem like the clear cut favorites here, but like I said, I'm not ready to count out the Panthers. We'll get a preview of this game in a couple weeks to see where Carolina's really at. I could see Zona crashing the party in the NFC title game, but it's a longer shot. Wildcards in the NFC look to be pretty inconsequential. There's no one like Indy who looks like they could win three on the road to make the SB.