Golden State @ New York, 7:30

Oklahoma City @ Memphis, 8:00

Denver @ Minnesota, 8:00 NBATV

San Antonio @ Houston, 8:30

Cleveland @ Milwaukee, 9:00

New Jersey @ Utah, 9:00

Dallas @ Sacramento, 10:00

Miami @ LA Clippers, 10:30

Let's start with a firing. The injury-plagued 1-10 Wizards have fired Eddie Jordan as coach, reports the Washington Post. Ed Tapscott to take over as interim coach.

I feel sorry for Wizards fans. Ed Tapscott is the same genius who drafted Frederic Weis over Ron Artest back in 1999. Weis turned into a bust who got dunked over the head by Vince Carter. Artest turned into a headcase but one of the better players in the league who can score 20 ppg and play defense. Lets not forget that Artest was the local hometown product from St Johns while Weis was some big white stiff from France.

Wow, that was a pretty disastrous loss for the Pistons. This team has srs problems right now (Iverson's not fitting in, Hamilton is slumping like whoa and might need to be traded, Rasheed is Rasheed, the bench is regressing) and I'm not sure Michael Curry is well-equipped to deal with any of them. Oh well, if they keep playing like this they're going to have a ton of cap space and a lottery pick or two coming their way, so I guess the future is somewhat bright (?)

I can't believe Eddie Jordan got fired. Well, I kind of can, but that's a classic case of the coach being the scapegoat for everything. The guy has led healthy and not-so-healthy versions of this team to the playoffs. The Wiz might only have one win, but they seemed liked they were playing hard in most of their games. I can't imagine a new coach getting any more out of them.

Eddie should find a job somewhere next season when more positions open up.

Guest Czecherbear

Shit, who's not rebuilding this year? Boston and the Lakers? The Bucks and 76ers are going to be even crappier 8-seed cannon fodder than usual.

The Sixers should be decent when Elton Brand gets back in a consistent rhythm and they continue to develop their chemistry. They should be one of the better teams in the East when it's all said and done. The Bucks and Heat are where the 8-seed tomato cans are at.

I can't believe the Wizards fired Eddie Jordan. Maybe he should have been a voodoo healer or something. This is pathetic. Then the interim coach will have a healthy Arenas in a few months and we'll magically make the playoffs. Sigh.

The Wizards haven't been the same, to me at least, since Ruffingate.

As for the Raptors, what does everyone else thing of them?

Raptors or Craptors?

Good thing the Pacers have Jarrett Jack on their team, otherwise they might be able to sustain some momentum on offense.

EDIT: But he sure is good at those meaningless last-second threes!

I know I'm a day late on this, but damn what a way for Steve Nash to prove why he's one of the best players in the league against the Thunder. They were up by double digits and Nash just kept hitting shot after shot or making the smart dish until the Suns won by 1 point. I know the Thunder suck, but you gotta admire a guy that can will his team to victory like that.

How's Thundermania goin' down there. Sheen worn off yet?

Not really, they're still packing the house. People were really excited after the Suns game, I dunno how everyone feels after the Cavs game. It did get annoying how the local radio didn't ever refer to the Cavs though. They always said "The Thunder are playing Lebron tonight." or "The Thunder head to Cleveland to face Lebron."

Fucking sick finish in Denver. Hornets win 105-101. I only saw the last minute, but I wish I had seen the entire game. Instead, I was out of town eating turkey and ham and watching football blowouts in glorious HD. Side note: Even though the games sucked, I've officially been spoiled by HD football. I need to upgrade to an HD receiver for my DirecTV, stat. I'm officially with Marvin on the HD thing and nothing else).

But back to the Nuggets/Hornets game, amazing stuff. From Carmelo's incredible effort to tie it at 88, to James Posey's clutch 3 to give NO the lead, to J.R. Smith drilling one from a fucking mile away, it was beautiful. According to the box score, the whole game was competitive. That single minute I saw exemplifies why I love the NBA.

It's just unfortunate for New Orleans that they have some issues that in no way have to do with their level of talent, and that they won't be able to go any further than they already have under Byron Scott (coach being the problem; not players). If they had their shit straight, I truly believe James "Big Game" Posey would make the difference between last season's finish and an NBA Championship.

Maybe we'll get a repeat of 1993, where the Cowboys won more games than the Mavericks. How many games have the Sooners won?

On another note, the referees in the fourth quarter of this Pacers-Bobcats game are an absolute fucking joke.

I take that back. It's not the referee's fault, when you miss about fifty layups in the fourth quarter that could give you the lead.

But Murphy just gave them the lead with a 3, so maybe it'll be alright after all. Even still, we shouldn't struggle like this against the Charlotte fucking Bobcats.

Looks like we're going to blow it in OT, becoming the Bobcats' first road victim. What a way to follow up that big win in Houston.

I hate to keep harping on this, but the next chapter of the "Jarrett Jack is a douchebag" story.

Jack drives in and throws up his usual horrible floater against 3 defenders, then while running up the court arguing with the referee about supposedly getting fouled, runs right over Augustin because he's not looking where he's going. I almost want Jamaal Tinsley back at this point.

The sideline lady on ESPN just said that Dallas is interested in Stephon Marbury. This gives me an excuse to tinker with ESPN's trade machine.

Jerry Stackhouse would certainly be part of any deal, I would think, but it looks like the Knicks would have to take on a sizeable contract that goes beyond 2010 to make it work, unless they can get a third team involved. Stackhouse and Dampier for Marbury may be a possibility.