TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 12/3 - 12/6

Are the CBS commentators contractually obligated to suck Tebow off on every play, or is that just a perk?

Did you see that throw Verne? ONLY Tim Tebow could throw a quick slant into single coverage after playing within the SEC for a year!!! Superman wears Tim Tebow pajamas!!!!one! He's the most overhyped collegiate athlete I've ever seen. I can't wait for the seamless transition to CBS guys slurping on Psycho T from UNC in a couple of weeks/months. The heart, the determinaaaaation!!

Having said that I hope Florida pistol whips OU in the title game though. At least let the hype result in a title.

A: How the fuck do you not give these guys a fuck load of footballs for this? Its the second time in the day that someone rant out of footballs and it cost them the contest.

B: Who the fuck is that robotic sounding motherfucker MCing that thing?

I'm a very good predictor. This bodes well for Missouri at least.

62-21. Good prediction.

Mizzou should just stop playing OU. They have no answer for OU and always get their asses whipped. I think the main problem is that they talk monster loads of shit before every game with OU and just piss OU off leading OU to give them a serious hide tanning. Even Bradford said after the game that Mizzou talking trash got to them. They do that every time they play OU and it never turns out well for them, especially Chase Daniel. In 4 games against OU he's thrown 8 interceptions and fumbled about a billion times.

Coaches Poll:

1. Oklahoma (31)

2. Florida (26)

3. Texas (4)

4. USC

4. Alabama

6. Penn State

7. Utah

8. Texas Tech

9. Boise State

10. Ohio State

11. TCU

12. Cincinnati

13. Oregon

14. Oklahoma State

15. Georgia Tech

16. Brigham Young

17. Georgia

18. Michigan State

19. Virginia Tech

20. Northwestern

21. Pittsburgh

22. Ball State

23. Missouri

24. Mississippi

25. Oregon State

Who gave Texas 4 first place votes? Come on Mack.......

AP Poll:

1. Florida (50)

2. Oklahoma (9)

3. Texas (6)

4. Alabama

5. USC

6. Penn State

7. Utah

8. Texas Tech

9. Boise State

10. Ohio State

11. TCU

12. Cincinnati

13. Oklahoma State

14. Georgia Tech

15. Oregon

16. Georgia

17. Brigham Young

18. Pittsburgh

19. Michigan State

20. Mississippi

21. Virginia Tech

22. Northwestern

23. Ball State

24. Oregon State

25. Missouri

You know the AP and Coaches polls have varied kind of wildly this year as far as who's getting what first place votes and the order of some of the top teams.

Here's to Notre Dame simply accepting the bid to the Texas Bowl and giving me a chance to see my first ND game.

Sorry Broward, after all that the latest report is Notre Dame is heading to the Hawaii Bowl. A big reason appears to be the fact that the Texas Bowl is one of the two bowl games that is televised by the NFL Network and Irish fans would throw a fit if they were unable to see the game. The Texas Bowl options are now either N.C. State or Western Michigan.

What prediction? You just went against the grain for every game or picked against the powerhouse teams. GENIUS!

I picked Oklahoma. I guess they were underdogs. Don't listen to Dama, OU is actually a good team and people respect them.

Guest Vitamin X
So if OU barely squeaks by Florida and Texas totally crushes Ohio State is there a possibility that the AP could vote Texas #1 at the end? Because that'd be fun.

I don't know about the AP voting Texas #1, but those two game results are exactly what I'm expecting.

So if OU barely squeaks by Florida and Texas totally crushes Ohio State is there a possibility that the AP could vote Texas #1 at the end? Because that'd be fun.

"Barely squeaking by" Florida is still a really good win, whereas practically no one respects Ohio State right now and hence crushing them wouldn't have that big of an impact, so I'd be very surprised if that happened. If the Fiesta Bowl was looking to get a "split title" angle going, they would be much better served by picking Utah instead of Ohio State, but I doubt they care much about that aspect.

"Barely squeaking by" Florida is still a really good win, whereas practically no one respects Ohio State right now and hence crushing them wouldn't have that big of an impact, so I'd be very surprised if that happened. If the Fiesta Bowl was looking to get a "split title" angle going, they would be much better served by picking Utah instead of Ohio State, but I doubt they care much about that aspect.

No one respects Ohio State and your solution is UTAH? Okay.

No one respects Ohio State and your solution is UTAH? Okay.

In that scenario at least they could start claiming stuff like "beat the only undefeated team in the BCS, beat the BCS champion, blah blah blah". I think it's all just various degrees of BS, but it still sounds better than "we beat everyone's favorite whipping boy Ohio State!".

Guest Vitamin X

My best friend, who works at a hotel in Norman and goes to OU himself, has seen every single degree of Sooner fan retardation, but I don't think they've played in a title game in the time he's worked there. He's told me he's equally worried whether they win or lose.

Oklahoma LOST to Texas straight up, they have the same record, this should be a no brainer.