TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 14

My prediction here is a pick 6 by Polamalu.

Close!

Polamalu was a few steps behind him too. I love Tony Romo at the end of the year. You can always count on him to deliver defeat from the jaws of victory.

Well,

December's favorite Tony Romo showed up today!!! :lol:

Cowboys fans must really love how whenever Romo gets his hands on the ball in big games, he tries to force something that isn't there which creates a turnover. Drew Bledsoe taught him so very well!!!!

Ok Skins, time to take care of business in Baltimore *crosses fingers*

You know, Tony Romo reminds me a lot of Brett Farve. When he's on, he's on. When's he's not, well he really makes his defense want to kill him.

Oops. Well Cowboy fans, if it's any consolation you are now in the playoffs.

They better warm up the bus, want to make sure Tony and Jason have a nice warm spot when T.O throws them under it.

And the Eagles are still in it... as long as Andy Reid doesn't forget that he has one of the Top 5 game changers in the NFL right in the backfield, we in this!

Enjoy having the real TO come out after this game and from here on out, Cowboys.

excitedotel.jpg

Oops. Well Cowboy fans, if it's any consolation you are now in the playoffs.

They aren't though. They were behind Atlanta and with both losing they're still on the outside looking.

Some dude just won ESPN's the streak thanks to the brilliance of Tony Romo.

So does the game end once the first person wins it or does it just keep going for everyone else?

Actually no. Atlanta and the Cowboys now have the same record and the Falcons suffered a conference loss. Dallas moves ahead of them because the Falcons lost to the Saints. Gotta love when the numbers STILL play in your favor.

Some dude just won ESPN's the streak thanks to the brilliance of Tony Romo.

So does the game end once the first person wins it or does it just keep going for everyone else?

You can still win ten grand if you have the next-longest overall streak by the end of the year. Plus there's a $2500 prize for most wins in December.

If the Redskins win tonight, they take the Cowboys spot. They have a better NFC conference record so far through the season. The Cardinals game being the difference.

If the Skins and Cowboys have the same record going into Week 17 it will come down to the Skins beating the 49ers.

Of course, the Redskins beating Baltimore & Philly is another story. I doubt they can beat them both, so I am hoping for one more loss this season from the Cowboys and Atlanta.

My bad. I was looking at some standings that hadn't been updated and forgot to factor in that aspect of Atlanta's loss. If Washington wins tonight, that still wouldn't be enough to knock Dallas back out because of their poorer division mark right?

If the Skins and Cowboys have the same record going into Week 17 it will come down to the Skins beating the 49ers.

You better pray Singletary doesn't threaten to drop his pants again. Ever since they have seen Mike's boxers, the world in San Fran has changed.

My bad. I was looking at some standings that hadn't been updated and forgot to factor in that aspect of Atlanta's loss. If Washington wins tonight, that still wouldn't be enough to knock Dallas back out because of their poorer division mark right?

What comes first Division record or Conference record?

Dallas is what 2-2 vs the division?

Washington is 2-3.

So I guess for all intensive purposes it is too early because they both still have division games left, but does Washington(if) winning bump Atlanta out and make the two wildcard sports WSH & Dallas?

I dunno...brain hurting.....ready for SNF.....

EDIT:

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

2. Best winning percentage in games played within the division.

3. Best winning percentage in common games.

4. Strength of victory (winning% of defeated teams by the clubs).

5. Strength of schedule (winning% of all teams played by the clubs).

6. Best combined ranking among division teams in points scored and points allowed.

7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best net points in common games.

9. Best net points in all games.

10. Best net touchdowns in all games

I'm not sure, but it should be Conference record.

Three or More Clubs

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM OR AMONG DIVISION WINNERS

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

I chopped off the unnecessary parts and believe I've got it right. Washington is behind no matter what because Dallas has the better division record for now.

I'm not sure, but it should be Conference record.

Conference record is the first tiebreaker, except when there is more than one team from the same division involved in the tie. In that case, the divisional record tiebreaker is the first one used to decide between the tied divisional teams (after head to head).

Dallas is what 2-2 vs the division?

Washington is 2-3.

So I guess for all intensive purposes it is too early because they both still have division games left, but does Washington(if) winning bump Atlanta out and make the two wildcard sports WSH & Dallas?

I dunno...brain hurting.....ready for SNF.....

You forgot Carolina, who is sitting there in the other wildcard spot. Dallas would be ahead of Washington because of division record, which is the first tie-breaker between division foes.

Atlanta is behind them both unless Washington loses tonight, then the Falcons are behind the Cowboys but ahead of the Skins.

That was the most painful thing I've had to watch all season long.

At least I can take comfort in the fact that Atlanta lost as well.

I wouldn't blame T.O. for being pissy after this game. How the fuck did the manage to lose this game? The defense plays fantastic football, Tashard Choice fills in for Marion Barber great, but they still lose...

Romo did throw the key interception that sealed the game basically, but the entire 2nd half was a mess. They need to be better organized when they enter the huddle and have a fucking plan about how they're going to get the first down...

Fuck...

Three tough games left. Dallas is more than capable of beating all three remaining teams, but if they actually do is a different story. They had the Steelers beat today, who a lot of people were calling the best team in the AFC, but fucked it all up. They can beat NYG, Baltimore, and Philly, but they need to play smart football.

I'm hoping Carolina beats TB and that the Giants then beat Carolina. That would be enough to clinch the # 1 seed even if they lose the other two games which is a distinct possibility, since both Dallas and Minnesota are at home and pretty much need to run the table to ensure they get in.