TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 14

Jacksonville at Chicago Jacksonville's probably deflated after Monday, and Chicago still has a reasonable shot at the division crown.

Minnesota at Detroit - Jared Allen said on PTI this afternoon that there's more pressure on Minny to win this game. He was probably just being polite - there's no way Minny loses.

Houston at Green Bay - Gut feeling, and Houston did handle the cold in Cleveland two weeks ago.

Cleveland at Tennessee Ken Dorsey? Tennessee by 100.

Cincinnati at Indianapolis

Atlanta at New Orleans - New Orleans isn't realistically making the playoffs, and their "home" record has an asterisk. Atlanta wins a good, but close, game.

Philadelphia at NY Giants

NY Jets at San Francisco - Favre rallies the troops after last week. Imagine what the spread would be if this were a week 13 game.

New England at Seattle

Kansas City at Denver Revenge for Week 4. This time it's at home, and they can nail the Chargers' coffin.

Miami vs. Buffalo (at Toronto) - No weather advantage, no home-field advantage (I see more Canadians showing up for the novelty than Buffalonians to root for the Bills). And Losman, who's still afraid of bright lights and big cities? Miami by ten.

St. Louis at Arizona

Dallas at Pittsburgh

Washington at Baltimore

Tampa Bay at Carolina - Toughest call of the week. Gut feeling again.

Three play sequence in the Giants-Eagles game:

*White Lightning has his bell rung by the swirling winds of Giants Stadium. This is followed by a two minute commerical break.

*L.J. Smith makes a catch for a first down. Two minute warning, two minute commercial break.

*Long Westbrook TD run. Extra point is good. Two minute commercial break.

I just watched six minutes of commercials for three plays. No early CBS game here, so I had no choice but to sit there and take it.

I see Michael Turner is grinding out some tough yards on the frozen tundra of the Louisiana Superdome today. A Falcons loss would be a big help, though, so go Saints.

I still can't believe Hixon dropped that gimme TD. At least the Giants ended up with 7, because I don't think there was any way they were scoring at least 13 to tie in the second half if Akers makes that kick.

Holy $$$$ the Giants blocked another field goal. When was the last time they have blocked 2 in a game?

It's okay, you can curse here.

I think teams should just take two knees and go for it on third down against the Saints. Works everytime.

Guest Czecherbear

Knowing that the Bears probably won't win the division even if the Vikings lose this game, for whom do I root? I really want to see 0-16.

The Giants are getting manhandled by the Eagles. This game has been worse than the Browns one in terms of how inept they've looked. If not for special teams, they should probably be down by about 20.

Guest Czecherbear

I have a feeling the rest of this Jaguars-Bears tilt is gonna be baaaad football. The Jags are bad and the Bears exhausted their supply of good.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I don't have the Bears game here! Giants/Eagles is on, for whatever the fuck reason.

I do however have The Colts just beating the daylights out of the poor poor Bengals. The Colts defense is gripping the ball firmly and inserting it into Ryan Fitzpatrick's quivering shitter, just to see the face he makes. This Cincinatti left tackle looks like he's playing on rollerskates, lining up against Freeney. Offense is rolling without much issue. Manning's hitting over 80% of his passes, and that's with the rookies in on the inside of the line.

The Giants are getting manhandled by the Eagles. This game has been worse than the Browns one in terms of how inept they've looked. If not for special teams, they should probably be down by about 20.

There is alot of time left but the Offense is going to have to wake up and the defense has got to make a third down stop. This is looking like the Giants defense before 07 where they never ever got a big stop.

Guest Vitamin X

It's great to see the Packers play down yet again to their competition while fighting for their playoff lives. I'm not watching the game, only waking up for a short bit to see what the score was like and saw this.

I mean, come on Minnesota's even giving the rest of this division a huge fucking break. I remember a few weeks ago I said I couldn't believe how little anyone actually wants to win the NFC North. I didn't think that we could really have a 9-7 division winner while the NFC South might only send a couple teams.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Bag-head Bengals fans shown after the commercial break.

Y'know, for as much shit as the Raiders take for an inept front office, whoever is in charge of the Bengals should be freakin' pilloried. Shitload of jailbird players, one good year in the past two decades or so. That's just shameful.

23 actually. They blocked two FGs, one of which was returned for the Giants only score.

Trying to make the argument after today's game that the Giants good defense goes beyond their outstanding D-line is going to have a harder time convincing anyone now.

Pierce is having a hell of a time trying to cover Westbrook.

Of course, most teams can't block this D-line successfully without using a TE or two to stay in and help, which really limits the passing game.

If the Steelers don't win later on, I fully expect the Giants to get rolled in Dallas next weekend. What an embarassing performance today.

23 actually. They blocked two FGs, one of which was returned for the Giants only score.

I wrote that before Westbrook abused Pierce for the second time today. Maybe Pierce should have been focused on the Burress situation, because if this is him bringing 100% of his attention to the game, he needs to rethink that strategy because he's been AWFUL throughout.