TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thanks for the Fish

Discussion: The Miz and John Morrison

Is it time to break up Miz and Morrison, and does Miz have any chance at not ending up the Marty Janetty of the team? I just don't think they guy could get over as a singles competitor. I'd love to see a angle where Morrison turned on Miz in dramatic fashion and then kept calling him "Marty", referencing the Rockers split. Victoria would make a great Sensational Sherri-esque manager for Morrison.

I think Miz would be able to get over big as a singles face and Morrison would as a heel.

Double no. I see it the other way around if anything.

Yeah, WWE tried making Miz a face two years ago but he was too annoying.

I think Miz would be able to get over big as a singles face and Morrison would as a heel.

Double no. I see it the other way around if anything.

Yeah, WWE tried making Miz a face two years ago but he was too annoying.

He seems to have an energy to me that he'd be able to use to get over as a face. Morrison doesn't seem like he'd make an interesting face at all... Maybe because he's always been a heel, but I can't picture what his face character would be like.

Morrison would just need a push from something. Like splitting up with Miz, with Miz being extra heelish. Once the fans get behind Morrison, with his entrance and finishing move, a fued with somebody like Edge would be perfect.

Man, i'd love that. I can't wait for more Punk/Morrison in the IC tourni, either.

What about making an uncharacteristic save. Face is getting beat down and out numbered and all of a sudden Morrison starts kicking ass and taking names. Of course he'd have to explain it the next week in what would be the most important promo of his career.

What about making the save for Melina? Regal and Layla could be doing a number on her (or Santino and Beth, but Santino isn't a threat), and the one time Johnny Nitro comes to make the save for his fellow MNM alumnus.

They could just have Miz and Morrison work more singles matches but still stay together and back each other up. They can split without really splitting. They are better off together for now though anyway. They are both young and would get lost in the shuffle. As a team they are great and utilized quite well.

They did? I was always under the impression they were making him annoying on purpose so they could smoothly transition him as a full-fledged heel.

I thought that too, but apparently Kevin Dunn and co. thought that was the kind of 'hip and with it' attitude the kids would love.

I think Mizorrison are definitely up there, but they have yet to reach the heights of teams like The Hart Foundation, Edge and Christian, The Hardys, Road Warriors, Freebirds, etc.

But in this era of wrestling, I don't see the E keeping a team together long enough for a truly historic tag team dynasty to ever happen again. London and Kendrick came close.

As far as singles wrestlers go, I think Morrison can pretty much do whatever from now on. Heel, Face, doesn't matter. I think the guy has the tools for both, which is pretty amazing because 2 years ago I didn't think he'd ever amount to anything. Miz on the other hand, just doesn't seem to get over either way on his own.

As much as I like the Miz, I don't think he is good enough of a wrestler to make it on his own.

Morrison on the other hand is going to be a future World Champion.

I knew Morrison would be a star when he was on Tough Enough. I knew he would be a star when he was Eric Bischoff's brief lackey. I knew he would be a star when he was in MNM with Mercury. I knew he would be a star when he tried his hand at a singles push on Raw. I knew he would be a star when he was the ECW champion. I knew he would be a star when he teamed up with The Miz. And now finally, people are coming around on him. Cool beans.

With Morrison doing the super kick to HBK, I thought it was foreshadowing to a Morrison/HBK retirement match at Mania next year.

Don't break up Mike The Miz and Johnny yet. Next draft, put Miz on Raw and Morrison on Smackdown or vice versa. I guess it doesn't matter because both wrestle on all 3 shows anyway.

They teased breaking up Miz and Morrison a few times before they came to their senses. Neither man is nearly as good without the other. If a break-up was ever seriously considered, both men would have to be on separate brands. I do think with some tooling that both men could be assets to their brand as singles wrestlers but right now I'm not seeing it. I can't see Miz as a face because he's just too much of a personality that you just want to hate. Morrison would probably make a better face in the long run.

Miz and Morrison will not re remembered as anything as a tag team because they didn't have anybody to feud with. It's a crying shame the wwe doesn't push tag wrestling. They don't even give out team names anymore because it hurts the identity of the individual wrestlers - it's Miz and Morrison, Jesse and Festus, Hawkins and Ryder, Primo and Carlito, Rhodes and Dibiase, Cade and Murdoch, Deuce and Domino, London and Kendrick...

Miz and Morrison will not re remembered as anything as a tag team because they didn't have anybody to feud with. It's a crying shame the wwe doesn't push tag wrestling. They don't even give out team names anymore because it hurts the identity of the individual wrestlers - it's Miz and Morrison, Jesse and Festus, Hawkins and Ryder, Primo and Carlito, Rhodes and Dibiase, Cade and Murdoch, Deuce and Domino, London and Kendrick...

Good point.

I can only recall Cryme Time, The Highlanders and the Spirit Squad from recent memory.

And look where all of them, except for Cryme Time are now.

DiBiase and Rhodes' faction should have an epic name kinda like Evolution. Maybe Legacy?

It seems weird to me how WWE TV never really played up to the fact that Carlito was Carlos Colon's son until now. They mentioned it maybe all of 3 times on air before Primo came along.

Pretty soon the whole E is gonna be nothing but 2nd and 3rd generation grapplers.

I mean how many are they up to now, 9 I think on tv now. With at least 3 more in developmental.

DiBiase and Rhodes' faction should have an epic name kinda like Evolution. Maybe Legacy?

It seems weird to me how WWE TV never really played up to the fact that Carlito was Carlos Colon's son until now. They mentioned it maybe all of 3 times on air before Primo came along.

Pretty soon the whole E is gonna be nothing but 2nd and 3rd generation grapplers.

I mean how many are they up to now, 9 I think on tv now. With at least 3 more in developmental.

DiBiase and Rhodes' group DOES have a name. Priceless.

Off the top of my head:

Randy Orton

Chavo

Natalya

Carlito

Primo

Manu

Cody Rhodes

Ted DiBiase, Jr.

Goldust (Dustin Rhodes)

Jesse (Ray Gordy)

DH Smith

Deuce

Off the top of my head:

Randy Orton

Chavo

Natalya

Carlito

Primo

Manu

Cody Rhodes

Ted DiBiase, Jr.

Goldust (Dustin Rhodes)

Jesse (Ray Gordy)

DH Smith

Deuce

Would Umaga count?

Point of interest: I felt like referencing Dr. Stephen T. Colbert when splitting this off from General Discussion, so feel free to not at all discuss their place as a tag team and possible individual greatness for Morrison.

They are an entertaining team, and one of the better teams around, but they are far from the best tag team ever, and not the best tag team today in wrestling. I'd take Steenerico before Miz and Morrison. I'd take Beer Money and LAX before Miz and Morrison. I would take Miz and Morrison before any team in WWE though.

This argument on whether or not Morrison or Miz can have a run at being a face, anyone can be a face. It all comes down to how they are pushed. If one of them turns on the other, one will be face. If one helps out a face, they will be face. It all comes down to if and how they are pushed. Morrison can play a cocky face with the same character, and as long as he's going up against someone that the fans hate, he will be cheered, even doing the same gimmick.

The Miz could never be a decent face I don't think, since he just seems to be inherently annoying. Morrison I don't know about. He seems a more natural heel since he has that cocky swagger but I haven't seen the fire that someone like Edge had at some points as a face.

When these guys first teamed I thought it was ideal. Miz has more on the mic, but wasn't a great wrestler. Morrison was an exciting wrestler, but he's just hideous on the mic (remember his promo with Melina trashing Foley, or his early solo interviews on ECW). Put them together and they improved a bit in those areas, and if they talk enough smack about people at some point they backed some of it up by sheer force of willpower.

I'd take Beer Money and LAX before Miz and Morrison.

Beer Money? You're just biased towards TNA then. Miz and Morrison are way better than Beer Money. Not so much LAX though.

And if people want a comparison for who Morrison would be similar to as a face, look at the troublemaking face Chris Jericho for example. That's the kind of push I'd expect for Morrison as a face. A guy relied on comedy to push along upper midcard feuds, but never taken seriously by the "real main eventers".

When these guys first teamed I thought it was ideal. Miz has more on the mic, but wasn't a great wrestler. Morrison was an exciting wrestler, but he's just hideous on the mic (remember his promo with Melina trashing Foley, or his early solo interviews on ECW). Put them together and they improved a bit in those areas, and if they talk enough smack about people at some point they backed some of it up by sheer force of willpower.

Sort of like when the New Age Outlaws were teamed up. The total was greater than the sum of the individual parts - it's this idea that I don't think Vince and Co grasp when it comes to tag wrestling. Vince sees it completely as a balance sheet issue - why pay two wrestlers to fill a time slot than could be easily filled by one. To fill a quarter hour timeslot with a tag team match means you need four wrestlers, however to fill it with a singles match means you only need two.

They are an entertaining team, and one of the better teams around, but they are far from the best tag team ever, and not the best tag team today in wrestling. I'd take Steenerico before Miz and Morrison. I'd take Beer Money and LAX before Miz and Morrison. I would take Miz and Morrison before any team in WWE though.

Beer Money is shit. LAX was hot as hell with Konnan, but they've faded since he left. The best team in TNA is Motor City Machine Guns, but they won't blade, so they'll never get the push to the top. I would have named The Briscoes if I was going to pimp a ROH team - I don't think Steenerico would work well anywhere other than ROH.

And if people want a comparison for who Morrison would be similar to as a face, look at the troublemaking face Chris Jericho for example. That's the kind of push I'd expect for Morrison as a face. A guy relied on comedy to push along upper midcard feuds, but never taken seriously by the "real main eventers".

With Stephanie back on TV again, he'll probably make fun of her like Jericho did in 2000-01.