TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BlackFlagg

Simpsons Episode Draft

It seems like somebody picked out of turn there, but anyways, it now appears to be my turn since both Nighthawk and Burning Pirate Ship Sex have three picks.

Boyscoutz.png

Season 5, Episode 8 - Boy-Scoutz 'N the Hood

Homer: Oh, twenty dollars...I wanted a peanut.

Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.

Homer: Explain how.

Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.

Homer: Woo hoo!

Sorry about the delay- my power was out for a day and half thanks to an ice storm.

Anyways, I'm going to go with an older episode. One of the many great portrayals of religion on the show...

SimpsonsS04E03.jpg

Season Four, Episode Three

Homer The Heretic

Homer: Kids, let me tell you about another so-called "wicked guy". He had long hair and some wild ideas, and he didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was... I forget. But the point is... I forget that either. Marge, you know who I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?

Sorry about the delay- my power was out for a day and half thanks to an ice storm.

Anyways, I'm going to go with an older episode. One of the many great portrayals of religion on the show...

SimpsonsS04E03.jpg

Season Four, Episode Three

Homer The Heretic

Homer: Kids, let me tell you about another so-called "wicked guy". He had long hair and some wild ideas, and he didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was... I forget. But the point is... I forget that either. Marge, you know who I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?

This one crossed my mind at work today; I thought it could be a sleeper pick. My wonky work schedule for the past few weeks both prevented me from starting this draft, and currently, has prevented me from putting together a list of potential candidates.

was at work, I'm here now:

220px-Lisa_the_Iconoclast.png

Season 7, Episode 16 Lisa the Iconoclast

"You're banned from this Historical Society. You, and your children, and your children's children...for three months."

Last pick in the third round: Season 8 The Springfield Files

3G01.jpg

Homer: We were sitting in barney's car eating packets of mustard.

And to start off round 4: The episode about the family from a town in Northern Kentucky from season 11"Simpsons: Behind the Laughter"

BABF19.jpg

Homer: The fame was like a drug. But what was more like a drug was the drugs.

Damn. Three straight rock solid selections. "Homer Goes To College" is one I had assumed had already been picked when I made my last choice and thus didn't think of it and "The Springfield Files" was one I strongly considered for my last one.

I said earlier that "The City of New York Vs Homer Simpson" was the last great episode of The Simpsons IMHO. Well, IMHO "Behind The Laughter" was the last really good one.

240px-1F17.jpg

Season Six, Episode 2 Lisa's Rival

Homer's great sugar monologue:

Marge: Homer, when are you going to give up this crazy sugar scheme?

Homer: Never, Marge. Never. I can't live the button-down life like you. I want it all: the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles. Sure, I might offend a few of the bluenoses with my cocky stride and musky odors - oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called "City Fathers" who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about "What's to be done with this Homer Simpson?"

Alright, surprised this one hasn't been picked. Though I've seen people who aren't entirely fond of this one (they're idiots). A somewhat unique and undisputably brilliant parody of art films.

I'm going of course with...

3f18-big.jpg

Season Seven, Episode Twenty One "22 Short Films About Springfield"

Skinner: [faking a yawn] Well, that was wonderful. Good time was had by all. I'm pooped.

Chalmers: Yes, I guess I should be - [notes entire kitchen is on fire] Good Lord, what is happening in there?

Skinner: The Aurora Borealis?

Chalmers: The Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your kitchen?

Skinner: Yes.

Chalmers: May I see it?

Skinner: Oh, erm... No.