TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

SNL - December 6th

Cold opening was pretty funny, nothing special. The monologue was great... Malkovitch is perfect for that whole "ruin Christmas" thing.

Kristen got another quirky character and she was looking pretty good but I saw where that one was going a mile away. Better than Penelope, I think.

Seth's WU line about "A new scientific study has revealed that Frenchmen have the biggest penis at 15.48 cm. This does not upset me because I do not understand the metric system" was amazing. The delivery sealed it.

I'm blanking on most of the rest of the show...except we finally got a new viral sensation from SNL.

I thought it was hilarious.

Was it just me or did Malkovich totally blow that calculator sketch?

I enjoyed the weekend update. Malkovich in drag was just terrifying because he had his creepy smile going on the entire time.

I really loved the Calculator sketch.

John Malkovich would seem like the least likely guy to fit hosting SNL, yet he clearly has a ball and enjoys being a total goof.

And yes Hader's impression was dead on.

I was stoked to see Jorma get a bunch of airtime. That's apparently the first single of an Incredibad album due in February. I'm excited.

John Malkovich would seem like the least likely guy to fit hosting SNL, yet he clearly has a ball and enjoys being a total goof.

I think he works really well in a Christopher Walken kind of way.

But see, over the last 15 years Walken has built a reputation as a bit of a charming goof, not just on SNL but in certain film role choices (Envy? anyone) and talk show interviews. Malkovich just seems like, well, a snob. So it's cool to see him get all into stuff like "Lost Works of Judy Blume". If Walken had done that skit, we'd all love it, but it would kind of be expected.