TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Joey Styles JKO's JBL overseas

According to one eye witness, JBL was bullying him, pouring drinks on him and calling him all sorts of names. “When he turned his back, Joey jumped him and caught JBL with a punch that gave him a small cut under the eye that was bleeding like crazy. JBL was furious.”

Observer

Sounds like he stole one on JBL, but all is fair.

How do you "jump a guy" while managing to give him a cut under the eye/black eye and not retaliate?

It seems more likely that JBL gave Styles shit, got dropped and somebody's playing damage control, because it doesn't make sense to me that a drunk JBL would let some "tiny" guy sucker-punch him, cause an overly bloody cut or a black eye, and not start an outright brawl with anybody trying to get between him & Styles, especially when he's cited as 'furious'.

I'm not saying Joey wrecked him & ruined his shit or whatever, but more like Joey's one shot knocked JBL on his ass and Joey proceeded to get the hell outta Dodge before JBL could recover.

Either way I think this is going to be like the Orndorff/Vader story. I've heard several people say in interviews it wasn't nearly as one sided as some make it out to be, but the legend is Orndorff schooled the big bad bully so print the legend. So in ten years, this will be Joey Styles knocked JBL out cold on a tour overseas even if it was a retaliation sucker punch. Who knows what really happened, but whether he was knocked out or just cut I'm sure he'll think twice about fucking with Joey Styles again.

Sometimes I think it'd be more interesting to have yearly documentaries of the backstage in the big wrestling companies then some of the stuff they put out on tv.

JBL is screwed. WWE might remove the signs, but they can't stop fans chanting stuff. I'm not saying everyone reads the internet but a lot of people do (look at the Matt/Lita situation or Brock at wrestlemania 20) and I'd be really surprised if there wasn't some funny chants on raw in the next few weeks.

I don't find this that shocking:I know people have this image of styles as a geeky announcer, but if you really look at him, he's small, but quite well built. Out of all the announcers (apart from tazz and lawler) he's probably the one I would have said prior to this could put up a fight if you messed with him.

Hey guys JBL is offering free energy shit via a blog on WWE.com. I wonder what the WWE Universe thinks about this exciting offer...

So if you're now Joey Styles's ****, does he get free Energy Plus?

I don't know what four letter word that's supposed to be!

HAHAHAHHA JOEY STYLES KICKED YOUR ASS.HAHAHAHHA JOEY STYLES KICKED YOUR ASS.HAHAHAHHA JOEY STYLES KICKED YOUR ASS.HAHAHAHHA JOEY STYLES KICKED YOUR ASS

And it goes on like that for a while.

From Meltzer's update of whatever website he does: JBL constantly ribbed Joey overseas, including an incident where he threw all of Joey's luggage in an aluminum trash can, which are of course commonplace backstage and under the ring.

What a bully

I wish I could take credit for this but someone on the Wrestlecrap boards came up with a new meaning for "JBL." It now stands for...

Joey's Bitch Layfield

I can imagine Vince not being happy with the fact that one of his biggest stars was punked out by a little announcer. On a personal level though, I'm sure McMahon's respect for Styles went up considerably because Vince gets off on that kind of thing.

Karma is a bitch. JBL has been doing this crap for years and eventually, someone was going to stand up to him. He's gotten away with his behavior because McMahon approves of it. McMahon seems to forget that the WWE is a publicly-traded company and that if JBL had pulled this kind of crap in any other company, he would be fired and the WWE would be facing yet another lawsuit. Good for Joey Styles for standing up to himself and knocking JBL off his high horse.

"JO-EY'S GONNA KILL YOU."

Isn't there an old rumor about Steve Blackman bitch slapping JBL?

This kind of reminds me when Rick Steiner was stiffing the Hell out of the young guys in WCW and Norman Smiley knocked him out.

LOL, this won't stop JBL's bullying. It's a nice victory for Styles, but it won't suddenly make Bradshaw scared to mess with a new guy. If he did, he knows he would be looked at as a bitch.

A little off topic since Styles isn't new, but I never understood getting stiffed or ridiculously ribbed for being NEW. Like anyone can help being new lol. If I could help not being new, I wouldn't be new, but there's no way around it. I had a guy stiff me with a punch in my very first match ever, busting my nose, only for him to puss out every time he thought I might retaliate. It makes no sense to do it, especially if you're a bitch about it afterwards, that means you know it's stupid and wrong.

I heard from my MSN source that this is how it went down.

garbageday.gif

What is this from?

LOL, this won't stop JBL's bullying. It's a nice victory for Styles, but it won't suddenly make Bradshaw scared to mess with a new guy. If he did, he knows he would be looked at as a bitch.

A little off topic since Styles isn't new, but I never understood getting stiffed or ridiculously ribbed for being NEW. Like anyone can help being new lol. If I could help not being new, I wouldn't be new, but there's no way around it. I had a guy stiff me with a punch in my very first match ever, busting my nose, only for him to puss out every time he thought I might retaliate. It makes no sense to do it, especially if you're a bitch about it afterwards, that means you know it's stupid and wrong.

It's an ass-backwards way of initiation.

I heard from my MSN source that this is how it went down.

garbageday.gif

What is this from?

A highly reliable MSN source:

It's my new sig (in case you have them turned off). Here it is in video form-

. It's from Silent Night Deadly Night 2.

I can understanding stiffing a newb here and there, or even ribbing them a little harder than others. A pseudo-hazing of sorts. But not taking it too far, as in the case of Hardcore Holly (who got his neck fucked up for trying it with the wrong guy). Plus, JBL really didn't have much right to be fucking with Styles in the first place. If the whole "respect the veterans" line comes in, hasn't Styles been involved since '91 or '92? Earliest I can think of Bradshaw being in wrestling was '94 or '95. And I can guarantee nobody tried that shit with Shamrock or Severn when they were there, haha.

...I hate work...makes my mind loopy...