TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

Bulletin

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Not even ten minutes ago, I was warming up my dinner in the microwave, and opened the door at the precise moment when the time ran out, but before the buzzer went off. I'm a fucking stud, people.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
hope you attack-fucked your common-law wife in celebration.

She's at work. Posting here is my only substitution for violent sex.

Dinner at 9:10am, that's living.

8:10. Consider also that I've been awake since 6 PM yesterday.

Guest Czecherbear

Does anyone else set the microwave for 2:22 when you're supposed to set it for two minutes, so that you only have to press the 2?

Does anyone else set the microwave for 2:22 when you're supposed to set it for two minutes, so that you only have to press the 2?

Adam Carolla's been preaching that for years. You should listen.

But it's a safe bet that the start button is close to the zero, anyway. It never occurred to me to hit 2:22, and I'm like a rug on valium.

There was this guy in my school that would always have pizza pockets and for some reason he wondered why every time it was never that warm, kind of cold on the inside in fact. It was supposed to be in the microwave for two minutes. Very basic question, but when he brought this up I asked if he was actually putting in for two minutes. He said `yeah, I`m putting it in for one hundred and twenty seconds!`

After I stopped laughing, I told him that pressing 1-2-0 meant that he was putting it in for 1 minute and 20 seconds.

If I just press "2" my microwave immediately starts and cooks for 2 minutes.

I'm coming to steal your microwave and leaving my piece of shit in it's place.

Guest Czecherbear
If I just press "2" my microwave immediately starts and cooks for 2 minutes.

Yeah every microwave made in the past 5+ years has this feature, I think. What kind of ghetto ass shit are you dudes are cooking with?

I think this is a 2000 model. We opened the 21st century with an old microwave that still had a dial for the time. Analog, bitch.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Used to have one of those! Also had a cup and saucer that would throw sparks when put in there.

My microwave only has 4 buttons for time: 10 minutes, 1 minute, 10 second, 1 second.

My parents have a stainless steel microwave that has a feature like that for setting the clock. As one would imagine, they were confused as all fuck.

I've never done 2:22 but I'm a big proponent of :22, :33, ... :99. If something needs more than 1 minute and 39 seconds I just punch in whatever.

I used to have the "1 - 6" instant cook settings on a microwave that stopped working a few years ago. The "buy a $30 microwave from Zellers / Wal-Mart that will stop functioning in 2-5 years but gets the job done while it works" has worked out for years. Ditto toaster ovens.

My "2" button does not work, so I set the time to 1:82 to keep the convenience rolling.