TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - January 2009

I have no idea how good Joe Rotunda is or how far he may go, but the thought of he and Ted, Jr. winning the WWF Tag Team Titles is kinda awesome. A tandem of second generation wrestlers holding belts that their respective fathers also held together is unprecedented, as far as I know.

I have no idea how good Joe Rotunda is or how far he may go, but the thought of he and Ted, Jr. winning the WWF Tag Team Titles is kinda awesome. A tandem of second generation wrestlers holding belts that their respective fathers also held together is unprecedented, as far as I know.

Money Incorporated: Branch 2!

Jake Roberts on Kazarny's first match (from his myspace) =

MVP vs Kizarny.

Readers, I have been waiting for this for a long time. AS a friend, a wrestler, and an innovative mad man, someone who thinks and creates outside the box. Someone driven beyond any reasonable commitment, once the sight has been set. Relentless in his passion for achieving the goal. That is about as good as it gets, coming from me. Now having laid that out, don't think for a moment I won't be hard on a friend. In fact, a true friend would fine tune and use a microscope to expose his weaknesses in the hope he will try to improve and come even closer to his goal. So knowing this, it would be a Sinn not to do it.

Here we go.

To wrestle MVP, who has been on a losing streak, and lost everything he's had, he's lost close matches and some absurd ones as well. He has lost his credibility in his character, and has become despondent, and seems to have lost hope. So it should be a cakewalk.

I like the simple music and even the strange entrance. Got a good pop for first match, that tells you fans have seen the vignettes and liked them, or at least curious. The unorthodox movements are enough to make some watch. From the double chop in back, in going for a pin, with the back slide was odd. Odd is good. The arm drags smell of Mexico. But I really liked the sliding backwards after each move on your stomach. Seems to suggest to me that you are taking aim and measuring your opponent. Cross body certainly needs a lot of work, or better yet, lose it. Going out of ring head first on stomach definitely different, let's say suicidal. Took some great bumps. Made it more than it should have been. Felt like MVP was more aggressive than he's been in months. But then again, got someone willing to fly for him. Having sold , then starting your comeback was good, but lacked any fire at all. A baby face must have fire, that's when you kick it in gear and go balls up. Like the maneuver with MVP laid in ropes. Do not understand why he stopped you. But the reversal you did out of his finish maneuver and hit yours was sweet.

Loved the finish that you have come up with. I'll say that's the best move of the match but let's not forget the worst: Your Hulk Hogan leg drop. DAMN don't ever do that again. It's obscene. Just continue to continue. Thought you should have had more of the match, but that's all right.

Kizarny needs to be a heel. Don't know what they're thinking making him a face.

EDIT - He also needs to NOT be Kizarny. What a fucking absurdly annoying gimmick. Sinn was just fine, IMO.

Rumour has it Kelly's getting depushed because she turned down playboy.

How exactly are they going to de-push her? Make her appear dumber in her storylines (but I thought we had something special Randy!) ? Job her out to better female wrestlers who should be beating her anyway? Make her date Test again?

Randy Orton could take a shit in her purse......

I wonder if he trashed their hotel room after he was done banging her.

I totally didn't put this together until you posted this...but the week after Kane attacked Miz he came by RAW to tell Kelly that her hotel room had been trashed. We should have known it was Orton all along. THE MIZ WAS TRYING TO TELL US. The Miz is all knowing.

Funny Bob Holly story from the latest Observer/Radio show: when news of his being cut came out, various promoters wanted his number so they could book him, so they talked to wrestlers in WWE to get it. The problem was that nobody had his number because nobody liked him; he didn't have a single friend.

Funny Bob Holly story from the latest Observer/Radio show: when news of his being cut came out, various promoters wanted his number so they could book him, so they talked to wrestlers in WWE to get it. The problem was that nobody had his number because nobody liked him; he didn't have a single friend.

Given Bob's rep, I think he'd be smart to stay off the indie circuit.

I remember around the time Billy Gunn was released in 2004, Holly came out and said something along the lines of about how Gunn was the only guy in the company he trusted or something.

From WO:

-- As noted earlier, referee Mickey Henson was recently released by World Wrestling Entertainment. Henson had taken a leave absence due to a health related issue. It is now coming out that Henson is suffering from lymphoma, a form of cancer. Henson had largely kept his illness quiet, only telling a few friends (including Batista, who he is close to), along with John Laurinaitis and Vince McMahon. WWE reportedly promised Henson employment while he battled cancer since he didn't have health insurance.

I guess WWE couldn't justify paying someone who couldn't work during this recession. He, along with Slaughter, will probably get rehired once everything lightens up.

You really think the recession is going to hit the WWE? It might hurt them a bit, but can they really justify laying off a guy, who probably wasn't earning that much, to save some money. Especially considering he had allegedly been promised a job to help him pay for the medical costs.

Yeah. Everyone with lots of money gets scared when a Democrat is in charge because they take away all of the tax breaks for the wealthy that the republicans give them. Rich people get rich with republicans and then taxed to death with democrats. I don't want to get into politics about which is better...so i'll just post a cartoon...

2m42e83.jpg

From idiotsrunningawebsite.com

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

SmackDown wrestler Scotty Goldman is currently trying out a new role in WWE's developmental promotion Florida Championship Wrestling as a comedy oriented backstage interviewer.

Goldman was called up to the main roster in August, but still has yet to garner a single win on television. He has not appeared on television since September.

Between the recent call-ups and firings, Goldman is said to be the closest to ready talent in developmental, but his issue is that he's already been typecast by WWE officials.

Goldman's biggest issue is that WWE officials don't think he looks like a "TV star," and no matter how much personality you have, it's very difficult to break their narrow viewpoint of what a TV star is supposed to look like.

Wwe Creative's idiocy never ceases to amaze me. At least it looks like Goldman has some backers as he did get his own wwe.com vid segment (new one out today for those who don't get the dreaded "Loading..." message). So maybe there is some hope for him. If he can get an on-screen interviewer role, at least that will be a foot in the door if you will, because Coach wrestled and Adamle was training to wrestle, so eventually Goldman would get back into the ring.

Scotty Goldman would make the Ricky Ortiz gimmick work. Too bad Scotty didn't have the ink and big hair...I guess that's what the wwe decision makers think a tv star is supposed to look like.

That Goldman video really buries Hawkins and Ryder. Miz and Morrison don't even recognize them as guys they lost their belts to!

That newsbit also appears nowhere in the Observer.

It could be from an Observer, but it's not from this or last week's. I didn't double check anything prior. Actually I have a feeling I'm wrong because that bit might be from the Awards pages...

Edit: Yeah, because it was presented as a newsbit when it was something Meltzer glossed over in the "Underrated" awards section, I skipped it when I did the "Goldman" search. It's there.

Does anyone else get the continues "loading" screen whenever they watch videos on WWE.com? I'm assuming there's something I got to download but I'm not sure what I need to download. It's weird cause my computer upstairs doesn't get past the loading screen but my computer downstairs plays the video just fine.

Does anyone else get the continues "loading" screen whenever they watch videos on WWE.com? I'm assuming there's something I got to download but I'm not sure what I need to download. It's weird cause my computer upstairs doesn't get past the loading screen but my computer downstairs plays the video just fine.

I get the "loading..." message as well. I just wait a bit and find it on youtube. Truth be told, I think Goldman's two episodes pretty much suck. It's like he's a kids show host, like he should be hosting "Double Dare" or something.

I agree completely with ArmGrad fan. Goldman should be flipping people off, alerting the audience of his sexual prowess, and telling Miz and Morrison to f themselves. That's the current direction of WWE, afterall.

Also, Rev Theory not being at Raw means nothing about Orton. They were only (officially) going to be there to promote the CD that drops the next day.

I agree completely with ArmGrad fan. Goldman should be flipping people off, alerting the audience of his sexual prowess, and telling Miz and Morrison to f themselves. That's the current direction of WWE, afterall.

He should do what Stone Cold does?

I get the "loading..." message as well. I just wait a bit and find it on youtube. Truth be told, I think Goldman's two episodes pretty much suck. It's like he's a kids show host, like he should be hosting "Double Dare" or something.

Leave it to WWE to make Colt Cabana unfunny.

Yes, that's exactly what I said. :wacko:

It's not my fault I learned long ago to read the words people don't say. Wait, maybe that is...

Speaking of WWE.com Originals, there is a video where Mickie James seduces some dude while Hacksaw steals merchandise. IRS shows up and shows disapproval. Ok then.