TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - January 2009

OVW did have some pretty bad ass vignettes/promos. That's probably when Heyman was booking there. Probably couldn't use the HNIC gimmick though...

Something caught my eye in a recent Colin Delaney interview -

Former WWE and ECW star Colin Delaney was interviewed last week on the Pain Clinic radio show and spoke about what's next for him. Delaney said he is free to wrestle anywhere (including TNA) now that his 90-day no compete clause has expired, but for now he's content working on the indy scene. He said, "I'm free to do whatever I would like, but (I'm) having fun being back at home not being on the road."He also talked about how WWE owns the name "Colin Delaney" and the other ring names he used on the indy scene before coming to WWE. "They research before they sign you and in the contract, they own your intellectual property and they pretty much list every name you ever used to wrestle under."

That's pretty ridiculous if true. I guess folks desperate for a wwe contract would be willing to sell their first born to the wwe. I can't believe Low-Ki would have agreed to such a contract. Prettysoon, would-be wwe signees will have to promise to name their first born Vince, even if it's a baby girl.

From their myspace:

JANUARY 19TH 2009 :: REV THEORY TO ROCK "MONDAY NIGHT RAW"

We're super excited to announce that we've been tapped to play WWE "Monday Night Raw" on Monday, January 26th in Cleveland, Ohio! We’ll be performing Randy Orton’s theme song, "Voices", a song which features Rich on vocals, and also happens to be WWE's biggest theme at the moment. In addition, WWE "The Music" compilation CD, which features "Voices", drops the following day - Tuesday, Jan 27th. "Monday Night Raw" airs on the USA Network and is cable TV's most watched program, so please be sure to tune in!!

Maybe this is a sign of who will win the Royal Rumble; Orton celebration perhaps?

From their myspace:

JANUARY 19TH 2009 :: REV THEORY TO ROCK "MONDAY NIGHT RAW"

We're super excited to announce that we've been tapped to play WWE "Monday Night Raw" on Monday, January 26th in Cleveland, Ohio! We’ll be performing Randy Orton’s theme song, "Voices", a song which features Rich on vocals, and also happens to be WWE's biggest theme at the moment. In addition, WWE "The Music" compilation CD, which features "Voices", drops the following day - Tuesday, Jan 27th. "Monday Night Raw" airs on the USA Network and is cable TV's most watched program, so please be sure to tune in!!

Maybe this is a sign of who will win the Royal Rumble; Orton celebration perhaps?

I wouldn't mind that.

It's about time that we got a heel Royal Rumble win.

Last one was...technically Batista, but he was being cheered despite TECHNICALLY being a heel with Triple H.

Last one was...technically Batista, but he was being cheered despite TECHNICALLY being a heel with Triple H.

Right. But it was pretty obvious at that point that Batista would end up turning face once he had the title shot in hand.

Perhaps their plans are more complicated than what I imagine, but it would seem to me that they already have a compelling Orton program in the works, assumedly for WrestleMania, that needs not the World Championship element.

OVW did have some pretty bad ass vignettes/promos. That's probably when Heyman was booking there. Probably couldn't use the HNIC gimmick though...

Something caught my eye in a recent Colin Delaney interview -

Former WWE and ECW star Colin Delaney was interviewed last week on the Pain Clinic radio show and spoke about what's next for him. Delaney said he is free to wrestle anywhere (including TNA) now that his 90-day no compete clause has expired, but for now he's content working on the indy scene. He said, "I'm free to do whatever I would like, but (I'm) having fun being back at home not being on the road."He also talked about how WWE owns the name "Colin Delaney" and the other ring names he used on the indy scene before coming to WWE. "They research before they sign you and in the contract, they own your intellectual property and they pretty much list every name you ever used to wrestle under."

That's pretty ridiculous if true. I guess folks desperate for a wwe contract would be willing to sell their first born to the wwe. I can't believe Low-Ki would have agreed to such a contract. Prettysoon, would-be wwe signees will have to promise to name their first born Vince, even if it's a baby girl.

Pretty soon, as a fan, you're going to have to sign a contract when you purchase your tickets that says they own your name too. :P

Just saw the segment with Goldust & Cody on Raw. Looks like Dustin is losing a lot of the pudge that he had on him during his Black Reign stint in TNA. Say what you want about him but when it comes time to get in shape (ie: lose weight), he always seems to be able to do it and very quickly, too.

Rumour has it Kelly's getting depushed because she turned down playboy.

Well it makes sense, because she was squashed on Raw, and it was recently said she was supposed to be at some Playboy gala with Ashley Massaro so something went wrong in there somewhere.

She was damned if she did, and damned if she didn't. Once you pose nekkid, you're depushed anyways.

How would this be sold as PG television? Maybe Randy Orton took the photo's on their one night tigether and the smily bastard sold them to Playboy and the wwe would use this as a teachable moment to all their young fans - don't pose naked unless you want them to become public.

I have seen no signs of this supposed "PG TV" that people say WWE are sticking to now. It's the same show that it's been for several years. What, exactly, has changed? Pro-Wrestling, especially WWE, will never be 100% kid friendly. WWE was never going to stop getting women to pose for Playboy because it brings in money.

I have seen no signs of this supposed "PG TV" that people say WWE are sticking to now. It's the same show that it's been for several years. What, exactly, has changed? Pro-Wrestling, especially WWE, will never be 100% kid friendly. WWE was never going to stop getting women to pose for Playboy because it brings in money.

WWE-Kids-Magazine-professional-wrestling-1081744_276_378.jpg

Orton isn't winning...Boo!

I still say that this Orton-McMahon program soooooo doesn't need the Heavyweight Championship. The angle itself is already already shaping up to be bigger than anything else going into WrestleMania. The big championship matches can be their own draw.

I still say that this Orton-McMahon program soooooo doesn't need the Heavyweight Championship. The angle itself is already already shaping up to be bigger than anything else going into WrestleMania. The big championship matches can be their own draw.

You don't think Vince will sell "The Punt" a couple months?

You don't think Vince will sell "The Punt" a couple months?

Maybe he will, maybe he won't. I would say that if he were going to sell it, long-term, the time probably wouldn't have been now. This is really one of those "wait and see" angles. It may not even shape up until after No Way Out, what with the company's decision to make it the "Elimination Chamber pay-per-view."

Like I said, though- I kinda like the idea of this angle playing out without the World Championship becoming a prop. It already has its own momentum.

That really surprises me since out of all the women on the roster, she seemed the most likely to do it. She started off as a stripper (yes a god awful one) and ever since has been the only one who likes to or allowed to show her ass. Pretty surprising...but IF it's because she wants to just be known as a wrestler in the long run, like trish and lita, then damn good for her.

Things to look for:

- The chatter about The New Blood and David Flair were made into separate General threads.

- Sometime soon, expect a Finisher Thread in General and TSM Talks Big Or Goes Home: The Big Show thread in the WWE Folder.

How exactly are they going to de-push her? Make her appear dumber in her storylines (but I thought we had something special Randy!) ? Job her out to better female wrestlers who should be beating her anyway? Make her date Test again?

How exactly are they going to de-push her? Make her appear dumber in her storylines (but I thought we had something special Randy!) ? Job her out to better female wrestlers who should be beating her anyway? Make her date Test again?

Randy Orton could take a shit in her purse......

I wonder if he trashed their hotel room after he was done banging her.

I wonder if he trashed their hotel room after he was done banging her.

During?