TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Wrestling Roster Draft: Luxe & Reduxe

J-Crown.jpg

The Great Sasuke

Continuing to build my cruiser division, I had to take one of my all time favorites and the wrestler that really got me interested in Puro.

Grr...it seems like all my backup picks are being taken. I would have used Sasuke and another Japanese light heavy in a makeshift tag team against Londrick.

My #1 option is still on the board...just sort of setting me up for disappointment!

Time for the final piece of my main tag team feud. After losing out on the two tag teams that I really would have gone after, I wanted to benefit from four men that can also function as singles stars. It may not necessarily be the best thing for a supercard like we are doing here, but it would definitely be a good idea in the long run if I really was building a promotion from scratch.

With that said, my next pick...

brutus22.jpg

Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake

By my watch it's been past 8 hours, so here goes.

At this point I've somewhat lost track of who I'm pairing up with who. Luckily, this pick could quite easily go against any of my unbooked picks. His career somewhat stalled (and I guess ended) when he moved to WWE, but he had success in my chosen city Orlando. A definate example of a guy who could and should have been a star. He had a lot of presence and natural charisma. Not to mention a legitimate sports background, having competed in the NFL and one Superbowl.

Maybe since his career was so short he might have made it back to me. But, while he's there, I'm going to POOOOUUUUUNNCCEEEEE* and take him.

My next pick,

montybrown.jpg

"THE ALPHA MALE" MONTY BROWN

* Period.

Sorry I'm late on my pick. Anyway, I'm picking someone who is great at being the cocky/comedy heel. He can work a few different styles and is stellar on the microphone. He's a former ECW champion, has done pretty well for himself in Japan, and has worked everywhere inbetween.

THE KING OF OLD SCHOOL STEVE CORINO

02.jpg

al's got about ten minutes left before his pick expires and Garth can pick. Man, this draft has been slow going over the past two or three days. What's up?\

I as well am digging the heck of Kahran's roster thus far. I very nearly picked The Dream Team to lead my tag team division but decided to go the babyface route for my first team pick.

Kahran's roster really resembles early/mid 80s WWF, but with Cena instead of Hogan. I like.

That's the plan. With an earlier pick I would have had Hogan too. Cena is a current wrestler that I believe would have no problem working in the environment of the 80s. He's that type of performer. Now, I'm eventually going to start picking guys that weren't mainly known as WWF wrestlers, but that is still the type of promotion that I plan on running.

I'm noticing my roster's got plenty of 'legit' kinda guys on it. Whether it's legit athletes like Simmons and Monty, legit tough guys like Arn, intimidating guys with Smash, Umaga and Kane.

As somebody with a major soft spot for comedy wrestling I find that interesting and expect it to change sooner rather than later.

For my next pick, I'm going to finish up my brawling contingent for now.

He's someone that can work brilliantly in a crazy anything goes type environment. He can also be put into more straight up wrestling matches for interesting combinations. He can play heel or face so that's now a problem and has a unique kind of charisma to him.

I can see him vs. Eddie, vs. Kobashi or vs. Jericho all being something fun to watch. Where as the brawling stuff with Sabu, Sheik or Abby would no doubt be brutal.

Even though he's not going to be main event stuff, he's someone that will always come across as a legit threat.

I give you my next pick of the draft:

02.jpg

Necro Butcher

...tominator better not steal either of the guys I have in mind or I'll kill him in his sleep!*

*or I'll just grit my teeth and tell him "Nice pick"

Forgot to mention earlier, but Franchise / TSM Fantasy text me asking me to post in here to say that his internet connection is gone for the time being. Fingers crossed it's back in time for his next pick.

HonkyTonkMan.JPG

my pick is the honky tonk man

great heel and part of my legends match i'm planning

Die.

Die in a fire.

Get genital warts, then die in a fire.

I was hoping he'd slip back to me. I'm running out of Las Vegas. :(

You live another day, Tominator! Hell of a pick there though.

With my next picks, I'm going to add some international flavor to my roster and give Londrick their opponents for my big super show. It'll be a clash between the All-American Pretty Boy babyfaces and the unpredictable evil foreign heels. I expect the match between the two teams to be a show stealer.

Anyways, the first half of the team is a guy who was a big bright spot in an otherwise terrible period in the history of the WWF. He was way ahead of his time and impressed the hell out of a seven year old King Kamala Classic. He also has one of the most distinct looks in professional wrestling. He's a former AJPW All Asia Tag Team Champion.

The second half is one of the most extreme high flyers in Japanese wrestling, unfortunately his high-flying style cut his career short. He's a three time FMW Brass Knuckles Champion as well as a former AJPW All Asia Tag Team Champion.

With my next two picks, I'm proud to select...

07.jpg

Jinsei Shinzaki

and

05.jpg

Hayabusa

I wasn't sure which direction to take at this point, but with 30+ picks until my next pick I don't want to risk losing my next selection.

This dude is a multiple time WWF tag team champion. He was a part of two memorable teams which gives me some insurance in case someone drafts one of his partners. He later rejuvenated his career under a new gimmick culminating in a brief WWF IC title run.

Keeping with the spirit of my Calgary-based promotion, my next selection is:

rougjjr.jpg

Jacques Rougeau

I cleaned up the first post, added some alter egos to the listing. I figure this might prevent some problems with searching as the draft progresses.

Remember, control-F and you can quickly search. Short searches (i.e. last name only) work better.

Damnit sivy! You should have PMed your pick.

Maybe he's dead.

From a fire.

Crap on the Necro Butcher and Hayabusa picks.

I concur.

Hayabusa had been in my brain for like 3 rounds now and I just kept forgetting to take him. I knew I should have wrote it down on the list, but I kept forgetting to do that as well. sadface.