TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Wrestling Roster Draft: Luxe & Reduxe

Thanks for the pic of the North-South Co.

And yes, the pick of Jesse made me decide to pick Adonis faster, although I had an interesting alternate in mind as well.

Thanks for making my pick Brook. Good use of a 'Be Jealous'! too.

I made a comment to him saying I felt bad taking Miz when there were so many big names available, and the fact I took him before someone took Verge Gagne says it all. But I just wanted to make sure I got the team together before I moved on.

Gagne's a good pick. The shame is that he's remembered as the balding company owner 30 years into his professional career. In the 1950s he was a legitimately great junior heavyweight with a championship background in amateur wrestling.

177816118_c0ef8a5c64.jpg

I could see that look getting over today.

Since Brooklyn made Kahran's pick, I guess that means that I am up.

So Kensuke Sasaki is going to be one of my top heels, just going around destroying people left and right ala Vader or Brock. Unfortunately, he really can't speak English. So with my next pick I'm adding someone to bridge that gap. Combine Sasaki's physical violence with a mouthpiece who comes across as one of the biggest asshole/tool hybrids in wrestling history.

paul-heyman-interview-20060530050001570-000.jpg

PAUL HEYMAN

I intend to use Gagne similar to Bret Hart in the mid 1990s. The straight man in a sea of wackiness. I've wanted him since the first pick when I got Minnesota as my home territory. He'll be my #2 face.

I'm back so no need to pick for me. Damn, Pedro Morales and Adrian Adonis going almost back to back hurt. Pedro was my top choice for my next pick. Ah well. Completely reworking my strategy as we speak. Hopefully, I pick someone good!

This is getting ridiculous. If you're not going to be around for a long period of time, PM someone your picks. We've made like 4 picks in the last 24 hours.

This is getting ridiculous. If you're not going to be around for a long period of time, PM someone your picks. We've made like 4 picks in the last 24 hours.

A good portion of those were PMd too (thanks BTW), so it does work to speed things up. With the biggest names off the board there is less chance of getting sniped too.

Let's run with it then.

The way I see it, there are a ton of good wrestlers out there. There are few really good announcers though. And one of the best was THE voice of Mid South wrestling. With my 11th pick, I select Jim Ross.

10.jpg

I like that. I find that good announcing can make a poor or boring match (or show) watchable, but bad announcing can just tank it. A very underrated aspect of putting on a good product.

since 8 hours are up. its my turn and my next pick is...

anin.jpg

Antonio Inoki

He's going to be in my main event the japense legend vs the legend killer.

"The Natural" Butch Reed

Someone PM OOG.

If I was Cucaracha, I'd be having a fit right about now.

Nah, I didn't have Reed on my radar honestly. Simmons is going to be a singles babyface, since I've got Florida as a territory.

Wait, someone picked Jack Swagger already? Holy shit. Talk about a guy who could have waited another... 20 rounds.

Anyway, I PMed Mellow but I must have missed a message telling me not to. OR THERE WAS NO MESSAGE. Either way, no bitterness. Only peace and love. Except for Twisted Intestine. Go out and get laid or something, leave the rest of us to obsessively stalk each other to see where we're up to. Do it for us!

Anyway, I'm going to make up my missed pick. I could do with a few cruiserweighty kind of wrestlers, even if I don't end up with a full division. And this guy's not going to last much longer. One of the best pound for pound wrestlers in the world, capable of playing it straight or being a valuable comedy act. So if I end up with my expected comedy midcard, he'll fit right in there too. Former ROH World Champion, WWE Cruiserweight Champion, probably some other stuff I've forgotten...

18.jpg

JAMIE NOBLE boy!

For my next pick, I choose:

lynn_jerry_ecw.jpg

Jerry Lynn

He'll be a nice addition to my midcard scene.

Maybe someone can edit the subtitle of the thread with who's on the clock, on deck and in the shadows of the deck. Then when people check the folder they'll know who's in the ballpark of picking.

I approve of Mazto's idea. Seems like a solid solution to this problem of missing their picks.

Also, I can make my pick at 12:26 P.M., correct (providing Tominator doesn't pick before then)?