TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO ECW TV Thread - June 13th 2006

Tonight, the new breed will be unleashed. At 10pm/9pm CT, ECW will make its debut on the Sci-Fi channel. As announced last night on Raw, Paul Heyman and Rob Van Dam will officially celebrate the rechristening of the WWE championship as the new ECW World Heavyweight championship, and everyone is invited.

What exactly the rechristening will entail is anyone's guess. One thing is for sure though, Raw's Edge, who is the No. 1 contender and will face RVD at Vengeance, along with Lita has accepted Paul Heyman's invitation to appear at the world premiere. In addition, former WWE champion John Cena has vowed to be there as well. After what Cena did last night on Raw, taking out three members of Team ECW with a steel chair, you can be sure Heyman will have the entire ECW locker room on watch.

What will happen when the most extreme form of wrestling returns to national television? What will John Cena and Edge have to say when Rob Van Dam is named the new ECW World Heavyweight champion? History will be made tonight and the only way to see it is to tune in live to the Sci Fi channel tonight at 10pm/9pm CT.

Just checked TVGuide.com and it lists the show from 10pm - 11:05pm. So with it being live, I guess Sci-Fi are giving them time for overruns, like Raw.

I really just want to know if any and what matches will take place or not? Nothing has been annouced for this show except for Edge and Cena to be showing up. I'm also intrested since this will be basically a Smackdown crowd, will the crowd boo Cena and cheer for RVD or will it be the other way around?

A lot of people are upset about the prospect of the arena being full of Smackdown fans not giving a fuck about ECW. But remember this. A lot of the ECW faithful showed up to that WWE vs. ECW special. It shocked the fuck out of me when they did the BALLS! BALLS! WHOA! BALLS! thing. And they are in New Jersey tonight.

Hasn't anyone considered the prospect of the ECW fans being the majority and completely reaming the Smackdown angles etc?

Yes....but no.

Why aren't they promoting the fact that ECW will be live at all????

Any time I see a promo for it, they NEVER say that they are going to be live...

I thought the fact that it is going to be live is a MAJOR draw for ECW.

Why aren't they promoting the fact that ECW will be live at all????

Any time I see a promo for it, they NEVER say that they are going to be live...

I thought the fact that it is going to be live is a MAJOR draw for ECW.

You must have had your TV on mute, because I've heard the word "live" about 5,000 times.

Ive got to wait untill sunday to see the show, but i'll tune in. I just want to know whats on the fuckin card!

Ive got to wait untill sunday to see the show, but i'll tune in. I just want to know whats on the fuckin card!

Since you have to wait till Sunday, if you like I will PM you a non-spoiler card.

Cowboy, have you not heard or read anything from Heyman within the past two weeks? He's been talking about going live for awhile now.

"A New Breed Unleashed".

Somebody explain how this is a 'new' breed. Please.

Because they're going to have these guys.

newbreedchrischampionseanroyal1.jpg

This is the sci-fi network after all.

"A New Breed Unleashed".

CM Punk etc.

CM Punk has never appeared in ECW. Or "ECW" for that matter. When he does, no problem. Until then, invalid arguement.

Next?

"A New Breed Unleashed".

CM Punk etc.

CM Punk has never appeared in ECW. Or "ECW" for that matter. When he does, no problem. Until then, invalid arguement.

Next?

Not really, I mean we do know that wrestlers like CM Punk is what the new ECW is going to be based around. But to save a pointless argument since we don't know how ECW will be booked or any storylines yet, would counting the vampire group hold you over for right now?

Not really, I mean we do know that wrestlers like CM Punk is what the new ECW is going to be based around.

Hasn't happened. We don't 'know' anything. I mean, I know Paul Heyman's consistantly delivered on his promises so maybe I'm just pessimistic, but there is a chance it won't happen. Again, when it does I'll be delighted because I

But to save a pointless argument since we don't know how ECW will be booked or any storylines yet, would counting the vampire group hold you over for right now?

So, Gangrel is 'new', right? I hope that was sarcasm and not just because you admitted you don't know any storylines are confirmed but then you quote a gimmick that hasn't been confirmed by, you know, actually happening.

Australia better fucking get this.

Internationally, it's replacing Velocity. So if you got Velocity on TV, you'll get ECW now in its time slot.

But to save a pointless argument since we don't know how ECW will be booked or any storylines yet, would counting the vampire group hold you over for right now?

So, Gangrel is 'new', right? I hope that was sarcasm and not just because you admitted you don't know any storylines are confirmed but then you quote a gimmick that hasn't been confirmed by, you know, actually happening.

A bit yes, also I've been up all night....so I just wrote down the first random thing that popped in my mind. Besides we don't know for sure Gangrel will be apart of the vampire gimmick, hell he might be ECW's version of Blade. You never know.

Australia better fucking get this.

Internationally, it's replacing Velocity. So if you got Velocity on TV, you'll get ECW now in its time slot.

Good to know, although I haven't heard anything about it.

Damnit. No Velocity up here that I know of. Only Bottom Line. Wait, wasn't Velocity also a net-show? Maybe they'll put up online versions of the show after the fact? Here's hoping...

"A New Breed Unleashed".

It's a tagline. Not unlike "The Power is Back" or "Anything Can Happen" or "Where the Big Boys Play" - by new breed, they don't necessarily mean the wrestlers alone, they're talking about everything from the style of the company to the wrestlers and how they work to the branding of the 'organization'...

Ie: new compared to what's on tv right now..

I am hoping the "rechristening" of the belt, means that RVD will actually have a new/different belt, and that the stupid fucking spinner belt is gone. Or that RVD will just get a 2nd belt, that way when he jobs at Vengeance he is just losing the spinner belt.

Guest Coffey

Yeah, I don't know. Last night on Raw, the spinner belt still had John Cena's name on it. I assume it was still there for one of several reasons. Either WWE forgot, which is plausible, although unlikely, to change it. Perhaps it's because Cena is getting the belt back and they didn't want to "bother" to change it, or maybe it's because RVD is getting a new belt, so they figured "one more day" wouldn't be a big deal.

We'll see, I guess.

Yeah I mean if RVD gets his own belt tonight, I honestly won't care about him jobbing the spinner belt. I just want him to have his own belt first. It's like in boxing, when you hold multiple belts, and only one of the belts is on the line in a fight. It would look better for RVD to be holding two belts and only lose one at Vengeance, then for him to only be holding the WWE title, job it, and then be awarded a new belt.

John Cena's bio page on WWE.com also says he's still WWE Champ.. but then again, the staff over there are notorious fuck ups with a reputation of being lazy with updates.