TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Prime Time Andrew Doyle

OAO Raw Thread- 12 June 2006

From WWE.com

Repercussions

By Louie Dee

June 12, 2006

School may be out for the summer, but Triple H may be in for a hard lesson when RAW invades Penn State University on Monday night.

The office of the Chairman of WWE has just announced that Triple H will face the entire Spirit Squad in a five-on-one Handicap Match this Monday night on RAW.

The announcement comes on the heels of Triple H’s latest example of blatant defiance of Mr. McMahon’s authority, which ended with the Chairman being knocked out cold with his pants around his ankles after The Game refused to join the Kiss My Ass Club.

Clearly, Mr. McMahon does not take too kindly to being embarrassed in his very own ring. As a result, The Game must now square off against Kenny, Mikey, Nicky, Johnny and Mitch. Will the King of Kings live to regret his actions of last Monday night? Or will the former 10-time World Champion manage to stick it to Mr. McMahon once again, this time by turning back his hand-picked henchmen, the Spirit Squad.

John Cena will also be looking for some revenge, with Edge being his target. Last night at ECW One Night Stand, Edge came from under the ring and speared Cena through a table, an action that led to Cena losing the WWE Championship. Tonight, Cena will try to get back at the Rated-R Superstar when they go one on one.

Also last week, Kane was once again tormented by the mirror image of himself. The voices caused him to lose to Lance Cade by countout, and when he went to confront it in the locker room, the mirror Kane left him in a heap. Will the Big Red Monster continue to be tormented by his past this Monday?

This is really, really weird. There is seriously no mention of RVD winning here whatsoever. And Vince being more preoccupied with HHH and the Spirit Squad rather than a guy renaming his title belt and possibly running off with it?

Maybe they are just going to hold up the title at the PPV and pretend RVD and ECW no longer exist. I guess that would work as well.

I guess.

Kayfabe Vince hasn't seemed particularly interested in the title for a long time.

Edge Vs. Cena may be a red-herring to get the ECW fans who feel cheated out of RVD's lame victory to watch, since they expect Cena to be awarded back the title.

I think the main event of Vengeance will be Cena Vs. Edge Vs. RVD, with Cena pinning Edge.

I suspect for a lot of people its going to be difficult to get back into Raw especially after a show like One Night Stand. Granted they said the same thing after last year's but there wasn't a whole other alternative brand being offered either.

Also curious as to whether or nor Edge will be treated like a (kayfabe) pariah because of his actions at ONS2.

If the RAW preview is not trying to mislead us then it looks like we all may have to mark out as RVD's title win will be held up.......I can't believe it. Of course I have been fooled into things like this before....:(

If the RAW preview is not trying to mislead us then it looks like we all may have to mark out as RVD's title win will be held up.......I can't believe it. Of course I have been fooled into things like this before....:(

How? It says he lost the WWE championship.

If they actually keep the title on RVD for a while that would be a bad move IMO. ECW will do best if it separates itself from WWE and is presented as a real alternative. Continuously having crossover PPVs and things like that would just be bad.

ECW needs it's own identify and that isn't going to happen if ECW and Raw trade the same belt back and forth.

Cena complains, Edge laughs at him, Vince says no ref counted so WWE Title is vacant, will be contested between Cena and Edge at Vengeance, Umaga squashes someone, meaningless diva stuff, Hunter kills Spirit squad, shannanigans, Hunter gets a face full of Vince ass.

Yes, I'll still be watching.

The thing is though. Lets just say it plays out on Raw, with Cena saying "Edge cost me the belt" and that sets up a vengence match. Now on Tuesday, RVD can easily come out with the WWE spinner belt, and Heyman comes out and proclaims that because RVD is now an ECW superstar, he is awarding him the ECW belt for his victory on ONS II, and RVD just vacates the Spinner belt, sending it back to Raw because they can justify that a WWE belt is meaningless on an ECW show, and then the Cena/Edge match turns into a title match.

I mean is it really that difficult? No. Does it really make anyone look bad? No.

I just don't see the need to strip RVD of anything. Screwjob endings happen on WWE events all the time, and this time it was at an ECW event under "Extreme rules" which further validates RVD's win. Plus the "No Instant Replay" stuff,(of course that is only used when convenient, but still).

Am I off base here?

RAW MATCH ANNOUNCED OUT OF ECW PPV

by Dave Scherer @ 12:05:00 AM on 6/12/2006

WWE has announced that John Cena will take on Edge on tonight's Raw.

Which could be for the WWE title, since RVD should be the ECW Champion now. It is rather easy to explain without ANYONE looking bad. Goddamn I hope Vince/Heyman/Stephanie do this fucking shit correctly.

Controversy reigns supreme over the result of the WWE Championship match at ECW One Night Stand. Did John Cena really lose the WWE Championship? The Championship situation will be addressed right when RAW goes on the air tonight at 9/8 CT.

-- WWE.Com

NoCal has hit the nail on the head. Have Heyman and Van Dam give Vince the belt back, whilst saying the RVD is the ECW Champ and let Cena & Edge fight for the belt. From there, they can maybe do a screwy finish and have a tourny for the belt leading up to Vengence and have the finalists face at Vengence, with Cena and Edge being those finalists. That way they can build up some Raw superstars by having them have good showings in the Tourny, pushing Edge and Cena to the limit. That way they can also build a feud for after Vengence for a semi finalist maybe losing in a screwy way.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
The impression I've been given, and this is not official, is that they won't strip Rob Van Dam of the title on TV and when he loses it, it will be in the ring.

Now that I think about it, I guess they could reverse the screwjob or something. Have RVD fast-counted or something, he and Heyman say fuck this and create their own ECW title. Whatever way it's booked, they need to protect both Cena and RVD as the top guys on Raw and ECW and come out of it with separate titles for all 3 brands.

Cena complains, Edge laughs at him, Vince says no ref counted so WWE Title is vacant, will be contested between Cena and Edge at Vengeance, Umaga squashes someone, meaningless diva stuff, Hunter kills Spirit squad, shannanigans, Hunter gets a face full of Vince ass.

Yes, I'll still be watching.

Mickie James is better than almost everything on Raw.

Now that I think about it, I guess they could reverse the screwjob or something. Have RVD fast-counted or something, he and Heyman say fuck this and create their own ECW title. Whatever way it's booked, they need to protect both Cena and RVD as the top guys on Raw and ECW and come out of it with separate titles for all 3 brands.

Yeah, actually it's a better way to retain credibility for both belts this week, but it sucks that there will be Raw/ECW shit going on.

I don't think you can have RVD and Heyman just "give back" the WWE title in favor of creating a new one. Saying "I'm not interested in this belt, so here ya go, take it back... I'd rather have this ECW belt instead" basically means you're saying the ECW belt is more valuable. And if you think for one second that Vince McMahon is going to make an ECW championship a bigger prize than the WWE title, which has been around for 50+ years, you're out of your mind.

I don't think you can have RVD and Heyman just "give back" the WWE title in favor of creating a new one. Saying "I'm not interested in this belt, so here ya go, take it back... I'd rather have this ECW belt instead" basically means you're saying the ECW belt is more valuable. And if you think for one second that Vince McMahon is going to make an ECW championship a bigger prize than the WWE title, which has been around for 50+ years, you're out of your mind.

You're right, but in kayfabe(as well as reality) Vince is the one who brought back ECW, and allowed the match to take place. Maybe he'll just recognize RVD as the ECW champion and then have the tourney thing to crown a new wwe champ on raw

Yeah, actually it's a better way to retain credibility for both belts this week, but it sucks that there will be Raw/ECW shit going on.

Because nothing says crediblity like, "You cheated me! Screw you guys, I'm going home!"

The last thing they need to do is have RVD and Heyman leave RAW title-less and just go saying, "They totally didn't play by the rules so we'll make our own belt".

They better let Edge/Cena main event tonight. That's the big story in the company right now. Fuck Vince, Triple H and the Spirit Squad.