TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Si82

Elimination Chamber

With Summerslam 2003 being the last appearence of the Elimination Chamber and now being over halfway through 2004 and I was wondering if anyone thinks we'll be seeing the return of the Elimination Chamber match again before the end of the year.

Considering the thing cost a reported $500,000 to build and it only having two apperences so far I was thinking that the WWE might wheel it out again.

But why and for what reason? At Survivor Series perhaps? Maybe for a match between the Raw and Smackdown brands?

What do you guys think?

I did like the suggestion in another thread about using the Elimination Chamber again for a World Title match, to keep Orton and HHH from having a one on one encounter right away.

I'm just wondering though...is the Elimination Chamber Raw exclusive, or can Smackdown use it too?

The EC has only been used in RAW matches, so far. I think they wanted to have the EC be Raw's "big crazy match" and the Cell be SD's "big crazy match" as far as gimmicks go.

Wrong.

Hell In The Cell has been used twice by RAW since the debut of the Elimination Chamber.

Nash Vs. HHH, and HBK Vs. HHH.

While as far as I know SD hasen't used it once since the Chamber debut.

I'm just wondering though...is the Elimination Chamber Raw exclusive, or can Smackdown use it too?

I would assume it's a Raw exclusive considering the fuss Eric Bischoff kicked up about him having it made when it first appeared.

Complete with "bullet-proof" glass... ;)

Actually, I could foresee Long booking an EC match for six Smackdown guys, which would piss Bischoff off and lead more into the RAW vs. SD! feud. Bischoff could make the argument that it's "his match" but Long could fire back with Bischoff came up with the concept, but it's a WWE trademark, not a Bischoff/RAW one.

If we do see one, I'm thinking Cena vs. Angle vs. Guerrero vs. JBL vs. Undertaker vs. Van Dam or Mysterio (whichever one is up for taking the crazy bumps).

Elimination Chamber for the US Title at Survivor Series? Considering there's about 10 guys going for that title and three after the WWE Title, I could see that.

Ugh. They should NOT waste an Elimination Chamber on, say, Cena vs. Booker vs. Reigns vs. Haas vs. Van Dam vs. Suzuki. No way in hell.

Wrong.

Hell In The Cell has been used twice by RAW since the debut of the Elimination Chamber.

Nash Vs. HHH, and HBK Vs. HHH.

While as far as I know SD hasen't used it once since the Chamber debut.

Well, I'm not saying that's so. I'm saying that's what it looked like they were going for during the first year of the brand split. Did it not come about because Smackdown had Brock vs Taker in the Cell so Bischoff wanted something equally "huge?"

At least, that's the way I remember it. Could be wrong tho..

I would assume it's a Raw exclusive considering the fuss Eric Bischoff kicked up about him having it made when it first appeared.

I'm assuming that will all be forgotten if the bookers decide that a SD elimination chamber is the way to go. I wouldn't be surprised to see the EC turn up at SurSer - as has already been mentioned, WWE will want to get their money's worth out of it. But who would likely be involved? My guesses would be either:

Raw: Orton, HHH, Benoit, Kane, Jericho, Edge.

SD: JBL, Angle, Eddie, Cena, RVD, Show (provided he could fit in, of course.).

I'd love to see Team RAW Vs. Team Smackdown at SSeries, 5 on 5 rules, its more fun that way.

I highly doubt that will happen. It doesn't allow for much interaction between the teams in the build and fallout of the PPV, and unless you stick a bunch of midcarders in there (which pretty much defeats the object).

It could be good though, if WWE stopped half-assing the supposed 'competition' between brands, limited as it is to the 'duelling GMs' bit at every interpromotional PPV, and had the GMs spend the month beforehand trying to recruit their brands top stars for the big match.

I don't see why people keep going on about the bulletproof glass thing from the first Elimination Chamber. I mean, if Kane hits a panel of this material hard enough, that which is holding the material in place can easily break itself and dislodge the entire panel. He never said the shit holding the glass in place was impenetrable. Also, to make something bulletproof is different from making it impervious to a large impact, as in, an area bigger than a bullet's width.

But let's all :lol: at WWE anyway.

I think they'll have an EC at Taboo Tuesday to try and draw more buys for it. Orton vs. HHH vs. Benoit vs. Jericho vs. Edge vs. Batista/Eugene/Kane/HBK I would guess.

I'd like to see a Tag Team Elimination Chamber. Think about it. Two teams in the ring at once, one team per chamber, and when the chamber opens, all hell breaks loose.

Of course, this could also be called "Clusterfuck Central," but hey, it'd be interesting for a little bit.

Guest Staravenger
I'd like to see a Tag Team Elimination Chamber. Think about it. Two teams in the ring at once, one team per chamber, and when the chamber opens, all hell breaks loose.

Of course, this could also be called "Clusterfuck Central," but hey, it'd be interesting for a little bit.

Chaos is a wrestling fans friend. All hail crazy messy brawls!

Maybe the EC should be the new SSeries tradition, with a 5 on 5 match from each brand also included on the bout.

Elimination Chamber for the US Title at Survivor Series? Considering there's about 10 guys going for that title and three after the WWE Title, I could see that.

Ugh. They should NOT waste an Elimination Chamber on, say, Cena vs. Booker vs. Reigns vs. Haas vs. Van Dam vs. Suzuki. No way in hell.

Totally.

But the odds of them doing it out-weigh the odds of building challengers for the WWE Title right now.

Personally, I'd rather see WarGames at SS. Eugene/Regal/Jericho/Benoit/Orton vs Evolution (HHH/Flair/Batista/Edge/Christian). But that's unlikely, unfortunately.

My ideal EC match for SmackDown is Eddie vs Kurt vs Taker vs JBL vs Cena vs RVD, but I don't see it happening.

I suspect we will see the Chamber at Armageddon. You will have Orton and HHH and the new Evo member in there. Orton will be knocked around hard by HHH, then HHH will be taken out by one of the other guys in the match, and then Orton will go through the others to be taken out by the new Evo member. This will be the low point for Orton in the angle, with January to WM being the period where they book him strong so he looks like he has a shot to win by WM.

BTW, that chamber match clearly doesn't have to be for the title. By the time December rolls around, the angle should have developed to the point where people will pay to watch Orton in the ring with HHH at the same time.

For some reason, I don't see Taker in the Chamber. Not sure why, but I'd go with JotW's Chamber line-up, but sub Big Show in for Taker to even up the face/heel numbers. Plus you really need a big guy in the chamber to do the big power spots (Kane, Goldberg).

My ideal EC match for SmackDown is Eddie vs Kurt vs Taker vs JBL vs Cena vs RVD, but I don't see it happening.

I suspect we will see the Chamber at Armageddon. You will have Orton and HHH and the new Evo member in there. Orton will be knocked around hard by HHH, then HHH will be taken out by one of the other guys in the match, and then Orton will go through the others to be taken out by the new Evo member. This will be the low point for Orton in the angle, with January to WM being the period where they book him strong so he looks like he has a shot to win by WM.

BTW, that chamber match clearly doesn't have to be for the title. By the time December rolls around, the angle should have developed to the point where people will pay to watch Orton in the ring with HHH at the same time.

Armageddon is a Smackdown PPV.

Here would be my ideological groupings:

Raw: Chris Benoit vs. Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. Jericho vs. Flair vs. Batista

Smackdown: Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle vs. Big Show vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Undertaker vs. JBL

The only problem is that both have several wrestlers that there is no way they'll win it. But then again I guess the first two did too.

Armageddon is a Smackdown PPV.

Sigh. This stupid shit has thrown me off. Why did they mess with the schedule after doing it decently for two years? If you're going to switch which brand is associated with each show, then at least change the name of the show.

Here would be my ideological groupings:

Raw: Chris Benoit vs. Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. Jericho vs. Flair vs. Batista

Smackdown: Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle vs. Big Show vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Undertaker vs. JBL

The only problem is that both have several wrestlers that there is no way they'll win it. But then again I guess the first two did too.

You'd think that the EC was an ideal place to give a surprise winner a chance to run with belt, as they aren't really going over anyone in particular. I'd be interested to see how Rey, or RVD or someone getting the belt in an EC match affected ratings. It's be a shock if nothing else.

Interesting that Raw is generally regarded as having a better ME scene, yet of the line-ups you listed, I could only see 3 of the 6 Raw guys with a reasonable chance of winning, as opposed to 5 of the SD guys.