TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
syxx2001

Torch confirms

This is typed directly from the 10/11 Torch...

For the past several months, Vince Russo and Glen Gilberti have tried unsuccessfully to convince Jeff Jarrett to turn heel. Once the Hulk Hogan talks started, Jarrett thought that it was nessacery for him to turn heel and face Hogan in the main event at the PPV. The new plan is for Vince Russo to turn on AJ Styles and help Jarrett win the NWA Title when Jarrett and Styles face off later this month.

Then it starts talking about how Russo will put aside his differences for Hogan and work with him and stuff like that.

"Wrestlers backstage say Mantel was more involved in Wednesday's show than he was last week."

The 9/24 show was written by Jarrett, Disco and Russo.

Jeff uses Jerry as a sounding board for all major decisions. Jerry still sits in the gorilla position with Jeff and watches the matches on a monitor. One wrestler Jerry spends alot of time with is RAVEN (but why? They want to bury all title contender's right? Not be their friend, right?). Raven tells other wrestlers that he learns alot from spending 15-20 minutes a week with the elder Jarrett.

Antonio Pena and Konnan were in the same locker room for the first time since they broke off their business relationship years ago (I think 10?). Vamprio, a former enemy of Konnan, was a big part in bringing them together.

Scott D'Amore's position might be in jeporady now that Mantel is in. His work gets strong reviews, but its expensive to fly him in from Canada every week.

Russo and Mantel are trying to work together. Russo says he will work with anyone for the good of the company.

Mantel had a backstage talk with Kid Kash after Kash disagreed with James Storm and Chris Harris over how their tag match should have been booked last week.

Vamprio has rubbed a few agents the wrong way by suggesting too many ideas for his character. The storyline is for Raven and Mitchell, not Raven and Vampiro and Vamp isn't too happy about being a supporting character.

Wrestlers are concerned with Shane Douglas's behavior. He has been seen sitting in the parking lot in his car by himself before shows and not acting like himself.

AJ Styles was told a few weeks ago that he was gonna be turned face again and was not happy as he has finally been able to get the crowd to turn against him.

------

Whew thats alot of typing. How do they do it, HOW DO THEY DO IT?

Guest Coffey

So, are they going to spell Vampiro's name wrong every time they type it? I think they only got it right once.

So, if JJ is going to get the title from AJ, will Hogan get it from JJ?

Who is Antonio Pena?

Guest Coffey
I typed that. Vamprio, Vampiro, whatever. My arms hurt.

p_edit.gif

Just giving you a hard time dude. Thanks for typing it out.

Who didn't know this would happen? I thought it was really fucking obvious.

I knew it would happen because AJ Styles=Jericho, and Jeff Jarrett=HHH. I hate being right.

The Styles/Jericho comparisons are as annoying as RAW's booking. Could it be ::gasp:: that its a fact that some people aren't made for the world title? Styles isn't exactly Mr. Charisma

Guest Coffey

I like AJ Styles as World Champion. It show cases wrestling talent at the top of the card. That is what I think would be ideal.

Wrestling shouldn't be about getting over on the mic. It should be about getting over in the ring.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Geez if Jarrett was Triple H he would have had the title back within weeks.

Styles has had the belt for almost 5 months. That's a good sized title reign.

EDIT: And it's not like Jarrett's horrible in the ring either. This isn't like Raw where all the World champions can't get over **s ever.

Well, if Styles is so great in the ring, that means he got over in the ring, which means his reign was nothing like Jericho's as his reign never got over. Am I right?

Guest Salacious Crumb

And let's be honest.

Styles hasn't had that many memorable title defenses. Low-Ki and Raven were the only really good matches that he had as champ.

Styles has absolutely nothing in common with Jericho. For one thing, he's roughly 1,264,876.34 times better in the ring. Never mind the fact that he's over, credible and had a *good* world title reign.

Syxx, as someone who covers TNA objectively week in and week out, I believe you'll defend them to the ends of the earth.

The bottom line is that AJ Styles as World Champion has not been booked very strong. He was very over for his in ring work, but outside of his match with Jerry Lynn three weeks ago (who has been de-pushed to begin with), Styles has had trouble and needed interference in every single one of his title defenses, including one with Frankie Kazarian. That is NOT the sign of a strong champion, especially when you try and put over Dusty Rhodes as making the World Champion tap.

Styles really needs to lose the title because all it's doing right now is reenforcing the idea to the fans and marks out there that he's not worthy of being the champion with all of the interference and B.S. that goes on in his matches.

Plus, he's been pinned clean by Jarrett almost every time that they've met in the ring since winning the World Title.

Dames

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist
Fuck Jeff Jarrett. That's going back in my profile if he DOES win the title from AJ.

:cheers:

Gives Corey a standing Ovation

Why, because we both have the NERVE to speak the truth...what is this...the WWE???

Sees that the promtion is booked and owned by an untalented and obnoxius idiot who wouldnt be pushed to the ME anywhere else in North America

Oh...wait...

Guest Salacious Crumb

Actually your talking about a guy who has held the WWA and WCW World Titles and was in line for a ME push in the WWF.

He also held something like 25 titles in different federations before his first run in the WWF.

Actually your talking about a guy who has held the WWA and WCW World Titles and was in line for a ME push in the WWF.

He also held something like 25 titles in different federations before his first run in the WWF.

Actually, he was refused a ME push in the WWE, which caused him to hold up VKM for a greddy payoff so he'd job to Chyna

As for the WCW Title, well, at times he was the only one capable of being booked correctly

As for the WWA...I dont see that existing anymore.

As for the "25 titles before his first WWF Run", they were all in hick promtions like the USWA, and others, one of which was...HEY!!!!!! Owned by Daddy!!!!

Jarrett was booked horribly in his main event push in WCW. He won the World Title 4 times in about 2 or 3 months off tons of interference and never properly defended the title.

And 1 inch punch has a point about Jarrett getting tons of titles in the USWA and other promotions like that. Hell, WWE should have pushed Jerry Lawler to the moon based on his USWA resume.

Dames

Guest Salacious Crumb

Austin vetoed working with Jarrett.

So you'd do the same thing if you could stick someone up for cash like that. It's called being smart.

Meh, I knew Jarrett would probably win it back. I'll put up with another reign of his if it means the belt will change hands to Raven or Styles again...as long as this time, the champ's booked strongly.

The belt is going to end up on Hogan.

Hogan vs. Jarrett on the 30th. Jarrett is winning the title this month. The match is going to be a title match and if TNA truly wants publicity, which they do, they'll put the title on him.

Dames

Austin vetoed working with Jarrett.

So you'd do the same thing if you could stick someone up for cash like that. It's called being smart.

Its not smart if he was refused a job in the WWE in March 2001

How DARE he decide that he's going to attempt to hold up a WWF PPV because he feels slighted that Steve Austin doesnt want to work with him

Austin-Jarrett would have been a horrible disjointed mess anyway

Guest Salacious Crumb

There's no honor in wrestling.

The whole industry is built on deception. So why do you have a problem with a guy on his way out doing what's best for him?

That's what I'm afraid of, Dames.

You know what I'm REALLY afraid of?

Hogan wins the title off Jarrett.

Next Monday or Thursday night, he's throwing it in a trash can on WWE programming.

Maybe it wouldn't happen, but that's my fear.