TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Who's there really left for the O6 to go back for. Sawyer, Rose, Bernard, and Juliet? Being that Jin and Claire are kinda left for dead at the moment, even though they're not. It's not like they should care to save the freighter people.

I'm wondering what's all going to have taken place on the island in the 3 years since they left. The O6 storyline is already 3 years in the future, but unless them time bump to 3 years later the people left behind are still not that long removed from when they left...

Still don't know how I feel about the time switch. Seems like a gimmick just to tell island backstory, which is probably for the best since they've given up flashbacks

I'm wondering what's all going to have taken place on the island in the 3 years since they left. The O6 storyline is already 3 years in the future, but unless them time bump to 3 years later the people left behind are still not that long removed from when they left...

....You do realize everything that happens on the island takes place 3 years in the past building up to the return of the 06 3 years later right? Basically it's like this.......

Island: After boat explodes/Helicopter crashes 3 years ago. We're finding out what happen to the people on the Island during the 3 years the 06 was gone.

O6: Present day, 3 years after the 06 got off the island.

I might be mistaken what your questioning though.

....You do realize everything that happens on the island takes place 3 years in the past building up to the return of the 06 3 years later right? Basically it's like this.......

Island: After boat explodes/Helicopter crashes 3 years ago. We're finding out what happen to the people on the Island during the 3 years the 06 was gone.

It's just...are we really to believe that the people on the island survived for three years of random time skips? Or maybe when John left the island it time skipped and settled into place at some random point in Island time? In what is around 120 days on the island almost everyone has been killed except around 10 people, yet those 10 are somehow going to last three years?

It's pretty much a given that the skipping has to stop, and I really think it'll be next week as the preview saw Locke going down into some giant well or something into a great expanse of light. I assume that is how he gets off the island and maybe that freezes the island in place for the time being. Doesn't really explain why Hawking only gave Ben 70 hours to get everything ready, but we don't know the circumstances of that time frame.

Upcoming episode reveal in terms of who it's about....

So I can see the ending of next weeks episode being

Locke making it to the orchid and finding the frozen wheel (or maybe it's not frozen depending on the time period) due to episode six being, AFAIK a Locke-centric one.

It's just...are we really to believe that the people on the island survived for three years of random time skips? Or maybe when John left the island it time skipped and settled into place at some random point in Island time? In what is around 120 days on the island almost everyone has been killed except around 10 people, yet those 10 are somehow going to last three years?

This seems to make the most sense. The island crew are already suffering from time travel sickness; unless they stop the island from moving soon, they're all dead. The island skips ahead approx. three years, Locke gets off and stops it from skipping, then visits Walt and the O6 on their timeline, despite himself being only a few months removed from the crash.

I can't see how that would work. Up to this point I think most of us have been operating under the impression that when the O6/Ben/Walt/Desmond/Frank come back, THEN the island will stop spinning, not just when Locke makes it off.

I'm not so sure if the island would stop skipping just because Locke got off of it. Isn't the whole reason for this is that "terrible things" are happening to the people they left behind? Could he have meant the time travel sickness, and once Ben gets back he can stop the skipping somehow. I'm betting that the O6 don't even need to go back, really. This is all probably some big mind game from Ben & Co.

So...if the only ones left on the island are Juliet, Sawyer, Rose & Bernard, Locke and the Scientist Trio (Daniel, Miles, Charlotte)...why are the O6 going back?

Daniel, Miles and Charlotte stayed behind on purpose. And if Locke can get off the island, why can't the rest? And even if they do die, so what? It's been three years, you think they would be over it (except for Hurley, who is legally insane at this point and Jack who is an emo drunk now).

I don't see why Kate & Aaron, Sun or Sayid would want to go back? Not to mention Desmond who has no reason to go back.

With Daniel's comment about Miles maybe being on the island before, that's pretty much giving away him being the son of the main that does the training videos right?

I'm guessing, yeah. Whether or not Miles knows that is another question. Given Miles' last name (assuming it's not a pseudonym) I'm guessing something had to have happened to the Chang's and Miles was probably adopted off-island or something to that effect.

So...if the only ones left on the island are Juliet, Sawyer, Rose & Bernard, Locke and the Scientist Trio (Daniel, Miles, Charlotte)...why are the O6 going back?

Daniel, Miles and Charlotte stayed behind on purpose. And if Locke can get off the island, why can't the rest? And even if they do die, so what? It's been three years, you think they would be over it (except for Hurley, who is legally insane at this point and Jack who is an emo drunk now).

I don't see why Kate & Aaron, Sun or Sayid would want to go back?

From what we've seen they've all (except Sun & Sayid IIRC) been "haunted" by apparitions from the Island. Claire, Charile, Christian (hey, all C-names, lol). That shit will probably never end for them unless they go back. *shrug*

Sun wants revenge for Jin and Ben will probably tell her that he's alive which will make her want to go back. Sayid I think just wanted revenge for Nadia's killing. Not sure how the Island would factor into that unless it was Widmore who had her killed off.

Sun wants revenge for Jin and Ben will probably tell her that he's alive

That's exactly what happened in the commercial for next week.

Sayid I think just wanted revenge for Nadia's killing. Not sure how the Island would factor into that unless it was Widmore who had her killed off.

I think that Ben implied it was Widmore's people who had her killed, but I've always suspected that Ben was really the one behind it, and he only did it to trick Sayid into working for him.

I don't see why Kate & Aaron, Sun or Sayid would want to go back? Not to mention Desmond who has no reason to go back.

I think that more people (nameless log carrying folks) probably got away from the flaming arrows. at least, they should have, otherwise what you say is absolutely correct, there's really just like 3 people for whom they'd be going back for.

Sawyer and the rest of them were all "where are the rest of our people??" when they found the abandoned camp, so there should imo be like a pack of 5 or 10 more people left (including rose and bernard)

I can't see how that would work. Up to this point I think most of us have been operating under the impression that when the O6/Ben/Walt/Desmond/Frank come back, THEN the island will stop spinning, not just when Locke makes it off.

I'm not so sure if the island would stop skipping just because Locke got off of it. Isn't the whole reason for this is that "terrible things" are happening to the people they left behind? Could he have meant the time travel sickness, and once Ben gets back he can stop the skipping somehow. I'm betting that the O6 don't even need to go back, really. This is all probably some big mind game from Ben & Co.

I guess I'm operating under the assumption that Ben leaving the island is what started it to skip through time. If we're using Faraday's record analogy, Locke leaving may knock the island back into a rhythm.

I've just got to agree with Rando- the island has killed a couple dozen people in a few months, are we really supposed to believe that Locke, Sawyer and Juliette can keep everybody else alive for three years, especially with the onset of time travel sickness?

Could be, could be. Clearly whatever the giant wheel does is what caused the skipping. Maybe Locke has to turn it back in the opposite direction to stop the skipping (unbeknownst to him) and at which point he's also transported off of the island in whatever manner that Ben was.

Bizarre new theory from the Timeloop website.

Q: Who is Penny's Child?

Penny gave birth to a child named: Charlie...aka Charles Widmore. Then they go back in time on the island to around the year 1930 with young Charles Widmore. At some point, Penny and Desmond die, and then Widmore grows up on the island. Eventually, he is exiled and then leaves the island, marries Mrs. Hawking and then gives birth to Penny again, creating a loop. Note in season 4, when Ben sneaks into Widmore's room in the night. Ben: We both know I can't kill you, so I'm going to kill your daughter. Ben says this because he knows that he will be "indirectly" killing Widmore if Penny dies, thus she cannot go back in time with Charles for a second time - in other words, Ben would be altering what is supposed to be written in the past, thus creating some type of paradox. This all goes back to the notion that Widmore was responsible for killing Alex back in season 4. Perhaps... Alex was Ben's mother as well?

It's quite a stretch.

..and another one.

I honestly don't have many comments about last night's episode. There wasn't much content that related to the theory. One thing, however, that sticks out in my mind is: why did Claire disappear randomly last season? Now, let's consider that you cannot ever have a "double" if you go back in time. In last night's episode, what if Locke went up to the hatch? Would he see himself on top of the hatch door, looking in, like at the end of season 1? Or would the old Locke from season 1 temporarily "disappear" while the new lock was standing nearby? Or, maybe the island actually "moves in time" whenever someone is about to "change fate" in the past? Anyway, I digress. What if the reason Claire disappeared was because a future version of her came back in time to the island and "replaced" the original version of her, hence the old Claire just disappeared? I'm sure that's probably not what will happen, but brings about some interesting concepts as to why we haven't seen the concept of "doubles" yet on the show. For example, what if time just randomly changes when you "see" your double? Maybe that's why (in the Lost Exp video) they couldn't let the rabbits see their "doubles" because that would've changed the time in which all of the people in the video existed?

I don't subscribe to any of these theories but they're fun to read and/or discuss. :)

Sign in to follow this