TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Wow. Next week looks insane.

Widmore - snapping necks and almost killing Locke.

Think they have the balls to kill off Charlotte already? I gotta say no.

The last 15 minutes or so were awesome, but it was kind of slow up to that. Loved Locke inviting Richard to come see him when he's born.

Maybe it was just me, but I really liked this episode. Much more enjoyable than last week's set.

We learned at least two interesting items: Widmore's link to the island, and that Richard is, in fact, actually very, very old and not just time traveling.

Next week's preview:

The losties are back in 2004. Looks like Locke sees himself pounding on top of the hatch, among other stuff. It's looking more and more likely that the Adam & Eve skeletons are two of the Losties.

So, Faraday's suggestion to encase "Jughead" with concrete and bury it, sure sounds a lot like some sort of electromagnetic something that was encased in concrete under the Hatch (The Swan).

Loved how they explained Richard visiting Locke, and how Widmore knew about the island.

So someone elsewhere made the connection:

The woman "Ellie" who held the gun to Daniel, whom Daniel said reminds him so much of "her".......................... apparently in the pop-up video "enhanced" rerun of last week's episode, Daniel's mother was named as ........ ELOISE Hawkings. Ellie? Short for Eloise?

Yes.

I think it's becoming apparent that Faraday's mom was appearing in Desmond's flashes in season 3 and was mapping the island window last week with Ben.

He just said if Richard doesn't believe his story that he should come see him when he is born...which as we know he did. Then later he came back to test him.

So, this whole choosing a leader thing seems...very circular.

Locke travels to the past and tells Alpert that, in the future, Alpert chose him to be the leader.

Alpert apparently believes this and goes to baby Locke's birth and is all excited that the new leader is born.

Alpert, still believing that Locke is supposed to be the leader, looks for him as a child, but Locke's not ready.

Locke shows up on the island years later and Alpert tells him he's supposed to be the leader.

So, really, when exactly does Alpert CHOOSE Locke to be the leader? If the ONLY reason Alpert thinks Locke is the leader is because future-Locke tells him so, and the ONLY reason Locke believes he's supposed to be the leader is because Alpert tells him so, Locke and Alpert are just talking amongst themselves.

I can see this conversation:

Locke: Why am I supposed to be the leader?

Alpert: Because you told me you were the leader.

Locke: Why did I tell you?

Alpert: Because I told you.

Locke: Why did you tell me?

Alpert: Because you told me.

One weird thing about the baby being named Charlie... her father, who they hate, is also named Charles. I wonder what that conversation was like?

Penny: But my dad tried to kill you! I hate him.

Desmond: Charlie bloody drowned to save us, Penn. The least we can do is name somethin' after 'em.

Is it me or does Richard wear eye liner?

I'm pretty sure everyone thinks this. I know I did, too. Apparently he just has very thick eyelashes. I read an interview somewhere recently with Cuse & Lindelof where they mentioned that shortly after hiring the actor to play Richard, they told him something along the lines of, "The eyeliner isn't going to work" but were surprised to find out it wasn't eyeliner.

OH! MY! GOD!

WIDMORE!!!!!!

It's all starting to make sense! THATS WHERE THE FEUD WITH BEN STARTED!!! THATS HOW HE KNOWS ABOUT THE ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, not quite. Ben didn't come to the Island until quite some time later (remember him meeting Richard as a kid in the forsest?) - It'll be interesting to see when the feud with Ben started though. I hope they explore that in one of the flashes.

Here's some interesting updates I found on the timelooptheory.com website:

Q: Why does Richard give the compass to Locke?

A: If you'll recall from Season 4, there is an episode (Locke's flashback) where Richard visits young Locke and gives him a few different things to identify - one of these things being a compass. Richard tells Locke to show him something that belongs to him. Locke picks the knife and Richard says "I'm sorry, you're not ready." This is an example of Richard "testing the timelines." In other words, when Richard came to young-Locke, he was checking to see if he was in the new Timeline where he had spoken to Locke. Now that Richard has delivered the message, he should be able to go to young-Locke and Locke would now give Richard the compass, signaling that Richard now exists in a timeline where Locke has been "trained." Why does Richard want to train Locke? Probably becuase Locke is some type of prodigy, where the rules of fate don't apply to him.

I didn't even clue into the compass being from when Richard went to visit Locke as a kid.

Q: Why doesn't Charlotte remember her mother's maiden name?

A: With the island moving to different times, someone in a new timeline created a past where Charlotte's mom died when Charlotte was very young. The fact that a new past had been re-written for Charlotte is causing a "merging" of memories, which is why she has a bloody nose. Also, because Charlotte's mother died earlier in the new timeline, Charlotte never got a chance to learn her maiden name. Personally, I didn't learn my mom's maiden name until I was like 15-years-old. So in "timeline 1" for charlotte, her mom may have died when she was 25. But in this new "timeline 2" that was created, her mom died when she was 5, so she still has the memory of her mom, but not the "full" memory.

Q: Why was Faraday on the island prior to Dharma discovering the donkey wheel?

A: I think Faraday was one of the original members of Dharma. The sequence in S5E1 happened around the year 1990, and Faraday was a mole trying to learn about time travel on the island. At some point before the purge, he took his learnings off the island and began his experiments to the real world - hence the testing of the mouse. He discovered how to create a rudimentary application of time travel, but was never able to re-create the full application that the island exhibited. This was because there is "something" unique about the island that allows it to travel in time at will. In the beginning of Season 4, we saw Faraday crying while watching the wreakage of Oceanic 815 - this was because he knew that him abandoning the island and Dharma had something to do with the plane crashing.

Is it me or does Richard wear eye liner?

I'm pretty sure everyone thinks this. I know I did, too. Apparently he just has very thick eyelashes. I read an interview somewhere recently with Cuse & Lindelof where they mentioned that shortly after hiring the actor to play Richard, they told him something along the lines of, "The eyeliner isn't going to work" but were surprised to find out it wasn't eyeliner.

That's hilarious!

So, this whole choosing a leader thing seems...very circular.

Locke travels to the past and tells Alpert that, in the future, Alpert chose him to be the leader.

Alpert apparently believes this and goes to baby Locke's birth and is all excited that the new leader is born.

Alpert, still believing that Locke is supposed to be the leader, looks for him as a child, but Locke's not ready.

Locke shows up on the island years later and Alpert tells him he's supposed to be the leader.

So, really, when exactly does Alpert CHOOSE Locke to be the leader? If the ONLY reason Alpert thinks Locke is the leader is because future-Locke tells him so, and the ONLY reason Locke believes he's supposed to be the leader is because Alpert tells him so, Locke and Alpert are just talking amongst themselves.

I can see this conversation:

Locke: Why am I supposed to be the leader?

Alpert: Because you told me you were the leader.

Locke: Why did I tell you?

Alpert: Because I told you.

Locke: Why did you tell me?

Alpert: Because you told me.

The problem here is that you're forgetting Benjamin Linus, who told Locke he was in charge of the others before turning the wheel. It was Linus who sent Locke off to be the leader; after that we get the Locke/Richard routine.

My crack theory: Widmore was the leader of the Others who initiated the Purge. Sometime after that Ben usurped his power and banished him from the island - Ben is older than Penelope so timeline wise it makes sense that he could come back and father her.

The reason Widmore has so much money because he was tapped in to that sweet island cash that Ben now has access to and he somehow was able to get significantly enough back to start his empire in Britain.

And that's how "everything you have you stole from me" makes perfect sense.

Ben is older than Penelope so timeline wise it makes sense that he could come back and father her.
Wait, Mik, you think that Ben is Penny's father?

The more I think about it the more I think that Ben was just a pawn of Richard's all this time. He used Ben as the next best thing since Locke wasn't ready. I think it was always in the cards that when Locke did show up.. Richard would want Ben to step down and Locke to become the leader.

No that's not what I mean at all. Ben is older than Penelope so it makes sense that Ben could be old enough to throw Widmore out of power yet still have Widmore come back to Britain and father Penny. Ben must be 20+ years older than her so it could happen.

So your crack theory is that Ben kicked Widmore off the island, and while Widmore was off, he had Penny and got rich. That about it?

Good job with the reading comprehension, Boon.

You only managed to leave out Widmore being the leader of the Others, Widmore initiating the purge, and the reason why Widmore told Ben that "everything he has is mine".

Sorry, just wanted to make sure I had a handle on all of the groundbreaking revelations in there. Widmore and Ben have a beef, Widmore had Penny AND got rich? Just too much to handle.

EDIT: After your edits, I see what you're fiesty about. Carry on.

Anyway, the bad part about this episode is that we're probably going to get slammed with heavy doses of the far-less interesting O6. With the exceptions of EVIL! Sun and wondering which cameo Hurley will give us next, the O6 are just incredibly boring.

Widmore could feel he owns or deserves everything on the Island, without ever actually being the leader. He could have been kicked off for another reason. And could it be that Faraday inspired his own mother about learning time travel. How Back to the Future the whole things getting!

EDIT: And the reason the O6 are so boring is because all anyone really cared about is a mysterious Island. A bunch of plumbers could have crash landed and people would still be glued trying to find out the mysteries.

Widmore could feel he owns or deserves everything on the Island, without ever actually being the leader. He could have been kicked off for another reason. And could it be that Faraday inspired his own mother about learning time travel. How Back to the Future the whole things getting!

EDIT: And the reason the O6 are so boring is because all anyone really cared about is a mysterious Island. A bunch of plumbers could have crash landed and people would still be glued trying to find out the mysteries.

Yup, I don't really care for the characters. The only ones I do care for are linked to the Island - Locke, Desmond, Ben, Richard, and now Faraday.

Here's some interesting updates I found on the timelooptheory.com website:

Q: Why does Richard give the compass to Locke?

A: If you'll recall from Season 4, there is an episode (Locke's flashback) where Richard visits young Locke and gives him a few different things to identify - one of these things being a compass. Richard tells Locke to show him something that belongs to him. Locke picks the knife and Richard says "I'm sorry, you're not ready." This is an example of Richard "testing the timelines." In other words, when Richard came to young-Locke, he was checking to see if he was in the new Timeline where he had spoken to Locke. Now that Richard has delivered the message, he should be able to go to young-Locke and Locke would now give Richard the compass, signaling that Richard now exists in a timeline where Locke has been "trained." Why does Richard want to train Locke? Probably becuase Locke is some type of prodigy, where the rules of fate don't apply to him.

What? That doesn't make sense. Because Old Locke knows the compass is Richard's, then Young Locke will, too? Young Locke doesn't have a past where he would've learned that.

Q: Why doesn't Charlotte remember her mother's maiden name?

A: With the island moving to different times, someone in a new timeline created a past where Charlotte's mom died when Charlotte was very young. The fact that a new past had been re-written for Charlotte is causing a "merging" of memories, which is why she has a bloody nose. Also, because Charlotte's mother died earlier in the new timeline, Charlotte never got a chance to learn her maiden name. Personally, I didn't learn my mom's maiden name until I was like 15-years-old. So in "timeline 1" for charlotte, her mom may have died when she was 25. But in this new "timeline 2" that was created, her mom died when she was 5, so she still has the memory of her mom, but not the "full" memory.

This doesn't make sense, either. "What happened, happened" according to Daniel. New pasts don't get written.

You know what I would've liked? If ABC had included the option to turn on those pop up enhanced things in the Blu Ray release of Season 4. That would've been cool.

Anybody else think they buried the bomb inside/beneath the Swan? In season two Sayid tells Jack that there was massive amounts of concrete poured over a certain area of the hatch and followed it up with saying the only time he'd seen something get walled up this thick was Chernobyl.

Sign in to follow this