TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Claire wouldn't exactly be a throwaway since she's now with Christian and working for the island, supposedly.

Cool little bit on the 6th disc of the Season 4 DVD: showing all the flash forwards back to back in chronological order.

Yeah but she sucks. Always has. Plus we've been through 4 season of "WUT'S RUNG WITH MOY BAYBEE" I don't need it to be replaced by "WOY DID THAY TAYKE MOY BAYBEE OFF THE ISLAND!?!"

I think Charlie was probably the only real middle-tier character on the show. Sometimes he'd get to join in on the adventures of the Big Six (Locke/Jack/Hurley/Kate/Sawyer/Sayid) but sometimes he'd end up getting B-level storylines with the likes of Jin or Claire.

Having said that he was never as important as any of the Big Six or somebody like Ben or Desmond. I liked his character but I can't really say I miss him because he went out on a high note so that was a satisfying end for me. Plus, it's Lost. He could show up anytime as a vision Hurley has.

Sci-Fi was airing Season 4 last night and I realized that I miss Charlie. He was a major part of the island and it just seemed from day one that they wanted to kill him off.

Charlie was an idiot.. I would've just swam out the port-hole that Mikael blew up. :P

Claire wouldn't exactly be a throwaway since she's now with Christian and working for the island, supposedly.

Cool little bit on the 6th disc of the Season 4 DVD: showing all the flash forwards back to back in chronological order.

Yeah but she sucks. Always has. Plus we've been through 4 season of "WUT'S RUNG WITH MOY BAYBEE" I don't need it to be replaced by "WOY DID THAY TAYKE MOY BAYBEE OFF THE ISLAND!?!"

I'm still convinced that Claire is dead and what we're seeing is the Islands version or her or whatever. Like Christian, etc.

I think she actually died

after Sawyer pulled her out of the wreckage from the rocket explosion - he puts her in another room and she just walks out like nothing happened a few minutes later.

Sci-Fi was airing Season 4 last night and I realized that I miss Charlie. He was a major part of the island and it just seemed from day one that they wanted to kill him off.

Charlie was an idiot.. I would've just swam out the port-hole that Mikael blew up. :P

That's what I originally thought, too, but after more viewings, I assume Charlie knew he had to die if he wanted Desmond's vision of Claire and the baby getting on the helicopter to actually happen. So he decided to drown for their benefit. Of course, that didn't happen, so I'm trying to figure out what would have caused that to not happen.

Was the window big enough to swim out of, anyway? Didn't look like it. Charlie's a skinny fellow, but the porthole only looked like it was about a foot across.

dubq's comment has made me feel the need to point something out: Your personal theories are NOT spoilers, thus there's no need to tag them. The only things in this thread that should be enforced as a spoiler are items that have been confirmed to happen on the show, not something you think will happen.

It just makes things less confusing this way and it'll prevent people from thinking things are going to happen when they aren't.

I'm guessing the show is going to be moved into the future (to the time of the O6) with them trying to get back to the Island, and so the flashbacks will be back, as it'll fills in everything we've missed with people on the Island etc.

dubq's comment has made me feel the need to point something out: Your personal theories are NOT spoilers, thus there's no need to tag them. The only things in this thread that should be enforced as a spoiler are items that have been confirmed to happen on the show, not something you think will happen.

It just makes things less confusing this way and it'll prevent people from thinking things are going to happen when they aren't.

I only tagged it because I've read a lot about people just watching Season Four this week before the premiere.. so I didn't want to spoil any part of that for them - ie: the rocket into New Otherton. It's minor, yes, but better safe than sorry (or bitched at, lol). :)

I'm not much to understand the science of this but in order for Charlie to swim out of the window wouldn't he be fighting against the pressure of the ocean as the water pounded in? Wouldn't that have been a pretty difficult task, especially for a guy who was shown to be a pretty iffy swimmer when weighted to the bottom? I mean, I guess I don't know that he couldn't have done it but it seems like a long shot to me.

My bigger problem was always why the hell did he lock the door? Wouldn't it have made more sense to just use the extra time the entire place afforded him to try and get and Desmond out of there? Unless there's some kind of "cabin pressure" issue involved (which again, I'm not good with the science) where the station would have started flooding from the docking pool if he did that. But even if that's the case I always thought he had the time to get out of the room and THEN close the door to keep the rest of the station from flooding/getting de-pressured.

But I also do agree that Charlie thinking "I need to die to fulfill his vision and get Claire and Aaron off the island" makes sense. It was his motivation for going down instead of Desmond when he fully expected to die. Charlie never meant to make it out of that alive. Mikhail simply provided the means for Desmond's vision to come true. Charlie might have been able to escape it, but that would have just kept the whole "Final Destination" thing going and possibly prevented the payoff of Claire and Aaron escaping.

Of course Claire never got on a helicopter so...

I'm not much to understand the science of this but in order for Charlie to swim out of the window wouldn't he be fighting against the pressure of the ocean as the water pounded in? Wouldn't that have been a pretty difficult task, especially for a guy who was shown to be a pretty iffy swimmer when weighted to the bottom? I mean, I guess I don't know that he couldn't have done it but it seems like a long shot to me.

My bigger problem was always why the hell did he lock the door? Wouldn't it have made more sense to just use the extra time the entire place afforded him to try and get and Desmond out of there? Unless there's some kind of "cabin pressure" issue involved (which again, I'm not good with the science) where the station would have started flooding from the docking pool if he did that. But even if that's the case I always thought he had the time to get out of the room and THEN close the door to keep the rest of the station from flooding/getting de-pressured.

But I also do agree that Charlie thinking "I need to die to fulfill his vision and get Claire and Aaron off the island" makes sense. It was his motivation for going down instead of Desmond when he fully expected to die. Charlie never meant to make it out of that alive. Mikhail simply provided the means for Desmond's vision to come true. Charlie might have been able to escape it, but that would have just kept the whole "Final Destination" thing going and possibly prevented the payoff of Claire and Aaron escaping.

Of course Claire never got on a helicopter so...

True true. I was just being picky. Ideally, he'd wait until the room filled up and then try to swim out of the hole. If you watch again the hole is actually pretty big. He could've easily squeezed through. Again, just being nitpicky, sorry. :P

You're all missing the point.

Charlie wanted to die. He closed the door because he believed in his heart that he had to die for Claire and Aaron to be saved.

So whether he could have made it out of the hole or made it out the door (I thought that originally myself)... it's irrelevant.

It's one of my all-time favorite scenes, myself.

TONIGHT TONIGHT

This is the second last season premiere of Lost. I think my excitement level is at a place where it very seldom gets. And to think I will actually be this excited for an event in another week and a half. January is a good month.

Probably just a set-dressing fuckup, then. Those kind of mistakes happen all the time, where the production happens to build something wrong. That's the sort of thing you often hear on DVD commentary tracks: "And yeah, Charlie probably could've swam right out that window, but let's just ignore that part, k?"

Charlie wanted to die. He closed the door because he believed in his heart that he had to die for Claire and Aaron to be saved.

So whether he could have made it out of the hole or made it out the door (I thought that originally myself)... it's irrelevant.

One awesome thing about the season premiers is the usually weird/interesting openings. So far, we've had the inside of the hatch reveal, New Otherton reveal, and Oceanic Six reveal... so what opens the new season tonight?

I'll guess it'll be something to do with Locke leading the Others. That's what I'm most interested in seeing tonight.

Well, I have no idea what it's going to be BUT I did read in TV Guide that it's a typical Lost premiere, complete with holy shit moment.

Oh man, I can't wait.

It's one of my all-time favorite scenes, myself.

Naw, we got that point. Just being picky is all. I mean, if it were me I'd do everything I could to save them AND myself. *shrug* Moot point anyway.

Yeah but you have to remember that Charlie was severly retarded when it came to Claire. She should have taken it to full advantage and like made him be her human footrest etc. It's completely logical that in Charlie's warped, stalker mind he had to die for Claire.

Yeah but she sucks.

You watch your damn mouth!

Sign in to follow this