TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

OK, so I finally got around to watching it and I've gotta ask. How far back did they jump this last time? It looked like the British guys that attacked Juliet and Sawyer were wearing fatigues and carring Springfields or Garands which makes me wonder if they jumped back to like WWII or Korean War era and those guys were a garrison of some kind. If the answer is obvious to someone I would appreciate some sharing, because that's pretty much the biggest question I had when the show was over.

My guess is that they just jumped back 30 years and those guys were Dharma guys. Faraday probably somehow took the opportunity to steal a mineworker's clothes and blend in with them, as shown in the first flashback.

I thought that too but the problem with that is that their uniforms didn't have the Dharma patch or their job title like what was on Ben's dad's jumpsuit. Instead, all it had was a last name, a la military issue uniforms of the era. I wish I hadn't erased it, I really oughta watch each episode 2 or 3 times just to be on the safe side.

Speaking as a person who watched the entire season 2, but gave up season 3 onwards, I just want to see how the show ends. I have a feeling though that it will be so convoluted that I won't get anything out of it.

You're not the only one, I watch it out of habit now. I think they made a good decision calling an end to it all at a certain date, as that's the only thing giving me any hope. Knowing that it will actually end.

mixed feelings about the start of the new season.

I dig the time flux to an extent. I think it'll be cool to see the island's history and get some questions answered, as well as Richard throughout the ages. Is he really timeless? If they go back 400 years will he be there?

However I don't know how long before it goes from interesting to annoying.

I'm still not too interested in the off island stuff. I understand why it has to happen, I just hope it doesn't take them all 16 episodes just to get back.

I had more in my head, I'll chime back in later I guess.

I think that they might do that (and started to with Faraday).

What about the skeletons that they found a few years ago when they found the tail section people? I always wondered where they'd fit in, or if it was just a throw away bit.

And also the skeletons they found in the caves where they stayed in the first season.

Are some of the characters who are jumping in time going to end up in the past as the Others, or something? I can't help but feel they're going to try something silly like that.

God I hope not. That'd be the next worst thing to that abominable old sci-fi short story cliche, where about a million different amateur writers all thought it would be a cute idea to have two astronauts crash onto some mysterious planet and then it turns out they're Adam and Eve.

I think that they might do that (and started to with Faraday).

What about the skeletons that they found a few years ago when they found the tail section people? I always wondered where they'd fit in, or if it was just a throw away bit.

Where were those skeletons again? The only ones I'm picturing are the mass grave from the "purge" and the two skeletons they found in the caves during season 1.

One whacky theory I've heard is that Adam and Eve are Penny and Desmond. Doesn't work but interesting to think about.

If Penny and Desmond go into the past and are killed and become Adam and Eve...what happens to Desmond pushing the button or Penny searching for the island and sending everyone there? Does that still happen or do they actually die in the past?

Why wouldn't that stuff still happen? They wouldn't have ended up in the past until AFTER they did that stuff.

Also, on the Losties becoming the Others - Doubt that, but would not be too shocked to discover that Jacob is Locke, travelling through time in a very fucked-up fashion.

But what about the Faraday showing up in the past and messing with Desmonds memory? If you can change the past, that affects the future?

Well, maybe not. If Faraday died in the past, he would still be around in the future? Right?

Faraday stated point blank that the rules do not apply to Desmond, so he can interact with people at all points. When Desmond came out of the station he said "have you been banging on my door for the past twenty minutes" even though it seemed like Faraday was only just starting to knock, so that means that Desmond did hear Sawyer freaking out, but just didn't come out.

But what about the Faraday showing up in the past and messing with Desmonds memory? If you can change the past, that affects the future?

Well, maybe not. If Faraday died in the past, he would still be around in the future? Right?

What I meant to say is, if Desmond ended up in the past and died, then I don't see why anything he already did would be un-done. Because if Desmond went to the past NOW, and then died, then that doesn't change what he already did with his life. Like, if Desmond dies right now, it doesn't matter what time he's in, really, because he's the same Desmond that already was pressing the button, so that for sure happened. Get what I'm saying?

Of course, if a younger version of Desmond died/changed his mind about something, then all the stuff he did could be fucked up. I suppose technically the same is true for everyone, but apparently only Desmond is capable of doing things differently.

*Bump*

Very much looking forward to tonight's episode. Don't know much but I was peaking around on Wiki and stumbled across this re: Hurley and his custody situation..

The preview says that Hurley snitches to the police that the O6 have been lying

HOOO

LEEE

FUUUUUUUCK!!!

Once I saw his baby I knew he was naming him Charlie

Sign in to follow this