TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Flaming fucking arrow - how awesome was that?! :P

It's like the writers wanted him to be extra annoying so that his flaming demise would be that much more satisfying. ;)

I love how the show doesn't even put up the pretense of being a drama anymore, it's just pure balls-to-the-wall sci-fi and action at this point.

Great two hours, the story feels like it's moving along at a good pitch. The "time shifting" is a good gimmick to flesh out various periods and unanswered questions about the island from the past. I'd like to see the Black Rock crash and the four toed people soon.

You guys are all nuts.

RIP Frogurt.

Did no one else watch his mobisode on the season 4 DVD?

I, too, was disappointed to see the man, the myth, the legend... FROGURT, dead.

There is way too much crazy stuff going on at this point, that I don't even want to guess where it's going, since I wouldn't even be close. Two entertaining enough episodes, and I'm glad to see Locke back with the group, for now at least.

Was the chick at the end with Linus the same that told Desmond he was screwed in the pawn shop way back when?

Yes, that was definitely her.

They are doing the same thing they did last season. Last season they split up the 6 and left you wondering all year, how the fuck do they end up together to all make it back?

This year - how the heck do they all end up back on the island. No one wants to be with Ben except Jack. And he's got 70 hours? Amazingly, I completely forgot that we've lost anywhere from one to two years of Sayid's time. Nadia died about 1 year post island and then he started killing for Ben. Obviously did this for awhile but no idea how long The Economist took place after that. I never expected them to have had a falling out and not still working as a unit by the time of Locke's funeral.

Also - whose side is Sun really on? What a smarmy little bitch she was to Kate.

It's also pretty obvious now that Locke isn't really dead. Especially the way Ben dodged Jack's question. That makes me very pleased.

That was nuts. Faraday in the beginning probably the biggest mindfuck of the episode for me. Pretty much confirmed that he (and likely Desmond, Richard and others) can avoid the time skips and keep a straight line of thought.

They set that shit off. I can't even think right. Great episode,

Shouldn't Desmond (when he's in the hatch) remember meeting Faraday already?

Desmond hadn't gone back in time to meet Faraday at that point.

Loving the time-travel aspect of the show

I thought the premiere was an alright episode. I didn't like how it was focused so off island. It started off awesome with Halliwax and seeing Faraday in the scene. I'm so much more interested in on-island issues, like stuff about the Others, the Dharma Initiative or the other surprises on the island. The questions they asked from the beginning of the series, like what is the island, who are the Dharma Initiative, who are the others, interest me a lot more than the questions they've brought up lately, like how the Oceanic 6 are gonna get back on the island, or even if they do get back. I guess it's kind of unfair though that I complain about this, cuz I'm sure they're not going to answer the big questions till the end of the show. But I'd still like for them to focus on the on-island stuff more than off-island. Hopefully, there will be more of that since the writers I believe said this season will be about answering questions about the Dharma Initiative?

Another thing that I didn't like was how Locke didn't actually get command of the Others at all! For 4 seasons, we knew something about Locke was unique to this island and he was special. We got some foreshadowing that maybe he should be the leader and the chosen one instead of Ben. This all seemed to come into fruition in last season's finale as Ben passed the torche onto Locke. But now, right when I think, "Sick, we're gonna see what I've wanted to see all along, Locke take leadership of Richard and co. and is the man in charge of the island now!", we get this Locke is stuck in time and needs to die to get the Oceanic 6 back onto the island and restore things to normal? Damn that was a let down. So this season doesnt seem like it will have any of Locke actually being the leader of the Others like last season's finale blatantly teased. Pretty dissappointed at that. Sidebar: so I guess it was the compass that Locke was supposed to choose in cabin fever... I liked how they explained that from last season.

The rest of the show was pretty solid. Are Sayid, Jack and Ben gonna go break Hurley out of jail? That'll be a nice trifecta to see go about and kick some ass. I wonder who all the people Ben knows are? If that old lady is Faraday's mom and Desmond is going to meet her, then he better not bring Penny with him. And the new Sun is friggin awesome.

Sign in to follow this