TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vampiro69

Who is the killer or killers in Identity Crisis?

There have been plenty of suspects out there as to who the killer is lets hear who you all think it is.

Suspects

Captin Boomerang

Shadow Theif

Dick Grayson- He would be the only one able to possibly get through the alien technology plus Green Arrow says Bruce has some scary stuff in there. Who would be able to get past it though, except for Dick?

I thought Plastic Man early on, but in issue four we found that the sensors for the air vents weren't tip off, so there went that theory.

Who are your suspects?

There's a possible remote chance that it might be Kyle Rayner, since Hal is returning. Also, it would make sense because with his GL ring he'd be able to get through the security system (he's used it to phase through solid objects like Kitty Pryde).

Guest PlatinumBoy

Some say Atom--and there is a bit of evidence/theory with the phone call from his ex-wife. Why didn't he jump in the phone sooner than 36 seconds into the call? Perhaps he hung her, called his cell, made the jump, then talked into the phone and jumped back to save her. I don't think it is Atom personally, it's just what some say.

Guest SP-1

I don't think it's Atom, especially given his own thought process we see in IDC 4.

I had an interesting theory last night.

Zatanna.

She was there, and with the right spells she might be able to get in without triggering the alarms. She could also be responsible for Ollie not remembering Batman being there years ago, yet Dr. Light does.

Of course, I can't forumlate any kind of motive other than jealousy, which is weak. Also, I don't know why she benefits, which is something Batman was quick to point out in IDC 4.

IDC 4, btw, made my Green Lantern fanboy heart jump for joy (if you've read it, you know exactly why).

Guest PlatinumBoy
I don't think it's Atom, especially given his own thought process we see in IDC 4.

Zatanna.

She was there, and with the right spells she might be able to get in without triggering the alarms. She could also be responsible for Ollie not remembering Batman being there years ago, yet Dr. Light does.

Of course, I can't forumlate any kind of motive other than jealousy, which is weak. Also, I don't know why she benefits, which is something Batman was quick to point out in IDC 4.

IDC 4, btw, made my Green Lantern fanboy heart jump for joy (if you've read it, you know exactly why).

I've said this on the DC board, but I'll repeat it here. My theory. Batman wasn't there. The leauge doesn't remember him there--and I doubt him or CLARK would let Bats get mindwiped. So my theory? Meltzer has said that Batman won't solve this and it will make him more human. What if Batman is the prize? Kill some folks, get Superman away from the case (to help Lois), and implant memories of Batman being there in Light's brain--someone gave Light info and his memories back, maybe that person wants Batman. So basically, I don't think Batman was there, I think the villain might want Bats gone.

Okay, this is a tangent in which I ask DC fans to enlighten me.

Having read and immensely enjoyed this series so far (and having been mostly a reader of Batman/Hellblazer in terms of DC continuity) I knew of Deathstroke, but didn't really know how awesome a character he was. I love smart villains. He seems quite a bit like Taskmaster to me, only more capable.

Are there any great TPBs/storylines I should pick up regarding Deathstroke? Thanks in advance.

Guest SP-1

Zatanna.

She was there, and with the right spells she might be able to get in without triggering the alarms.  She could also be responsible for Ollie not remembering Batman being there years ago, yet Dr. Light does.

Of course, I can't forumlate any kind of motive other than jealousy, which is weak.  Also, I don't know why she benefits, which is something Batman was quick to point out in IDC 4.

I've said this on the DC board, but I'll repeat it here. My theory. Batman wasn't there. The leauge doesn't remember him there--and I doubt him or CLARK would let Bats get mindwiped. So my theory? Meltzer has said that Batman won't solve this and it will make him more human. What if Batman is the prize? Kill some folks, get Superman away from the case (to help Lois), and implant memories of Batman being there in Light's brain--someone gave Light info and his memories back, maybe that person wants Batman. So basically, I don't think Batman was there, I think the villain might want Bats gone.

That's interesting. The first villain that has an immediate history of screwing with people's heads is . . . Hush. Which would make this very interesting. It might make Hush number one in the Gotham rogues gallery.

Guest SP-1
I know what you are talking about SP, and that was a great scene.

It's a great month to be a GL fan, isn't it? First we get that as a fantastic precursor to REBIRTH, and then REBIRTH 1 drops this month.

It's so awesome.

Guest PlatinumBoy

Zatanna.

She was there, and with the right spells she might be able to get in without triggering the alarms.  She could also be responsible for Ollie not remembering Batman being there years ago, yet Dr. Light does.

Of course, I can't forumlate any kind of motive other than jealousy, which is weak.  Also, I don't know why she benefits, which is something Batman was quick to point out in IDC 4.

That's interesting. The first villain that has an immediate history of screwing with people's heads is . . . Hush. Which would make this very interesting. It might make Hush number one in the Gotham rogues gallery.

Thing is with HUSH--and lots of other villains people are are claming it to be is this--the one thing we can be fairly sure I think of is since Meltzer is a mystery writer, the villain/murderer has already been seen. So I think you can somewhat safely say, if we haven't seen em' yet, they aren't the killer.

I'm saying it's Deathstroke the Terminator.

Is IC pre or post Judas Contract?

Because in D.C. continuity, roughly everything Deathstroke has done from post Judas Contract up until just recently was really the actions of his son, Jericho, who was in possession of Deathstroke's body for YEARS.

Guest SP-1

Zatanna.

Thing is with HUSH--and lots of other villains people are are claming it to be is this--the one thing we can be fairly sure I think of is since Meltzer is a mystery writer, the villain/murderer has already been seen. So I think you can somewhat safely say, if we haven't seen em' yet, they aren't the killer.

That's a very good point. You know, if you wanted to go totally left field? Jack Drake. Tim's dad. Pissed about the capes bringing his son into their lifestyle, he goes for vengeance. His wife is dead or divorced, yes? Bingo.

Guest PlatinumBoy

Papa Drake will have something to do with the whole shebang--just look at cover 5. Also, I reallllly doubt it's Deathstroke, as the killer is supposed to be a surprise and shocking--and Deathstroke doesn't fit the crimes. He's not totally evil persay--and as Batman said, what does he have to gain? This book already made him a more upperlevel villain in his fight aganist the JLA. Finally, I have no doubt he could break in and get Sue and Atom's ex--but he would have disabled the security or something, and he wouldn't have burned Sue. Plus, honestly.... would Deathstroke let Atom's ex live? It's DEATHSTROKE, he wouldn't mess up such an easy killing--which once again leads me to believe that Sue's death was planned, they wanted Atom to save his girl (the cell phone being on 36 seconds), and both of these serve the purpose of getting Supes freaked out and off the case so he can protect Lois.

Of course, Batman will then save the day by figuring out the identity of the killer. :headbang:

Guest SP-1

There's something weird going on with Bruce. Light's memory notwithstanding, he has chosen to stay in the background working which probably means he's on to something the others aren't.

Guest JMA
I'm saying it's Deathstroke the Terminator.

Is IC pre or post Judas Contract?

IC is post Judas Contract.

Because in D.C. continuity, roughly everything Deathstroke has done from  post Judas Contract up until just recently was really the actions of his son, Jericho, who was in possession of Deathstroke's body for YEARS.

I'm not sure why exactly I suspect Slade. Maybe it's because Meltzer seems to like the character so much. Perhaps Slade wants to destroy the families of the heroes since he lost most of his own.

Guest PlatinumBoy
Of course, Batman will then save the day by figuring out the identity of the killer. :headbang:

Nope. Meltzer is fairly adamant that this will make Bats more human. Check out the cover to 6. I'm sure he will help and be a part of the solution, but this isn't going to be Bat-God saving the day.

Guest SP-1

That cover is interesting. At first: you would assume it's Tim because of the hair. But look at that cape. It's pointed, like Batman's. Maybe the cowl is off and Bruce's hair is messed up? If so, who is he cradling? The hand draped down is gloved. Tim?

That cover is interesting. At first: you would assume it's Tim because of the hair. But look at that cape. It's pointed, like Batman's. Maybe the cowl is off and Bruce's hair is messed up? If so, who is he cradling? The hand draped down is gloved. Tim?

Maybe Alferd will get it? Batman doesn't have any loveones, per se. They've already killed a Robin. Why not his father figure?

Guest SP-1
That cover is interesting.  At first: you would assume it's Tim because of the hair.  But look at that cape.  It's pointed, like Batman's.  Maybe the cowl is off and Bruce's hair is messed up?  If so, who is he cradling?  The hand draped down is gloved.  Tim?

Maybe Alferd will get it? Batman doesn't have any loveones, per se. They've already killed a Robin. Why not his father figure?

If they did that, he might really flip out. I'd almost feel sorry for the killer when he gets to them.

Guest PlatinumBoy
That cover is interesting.  At first: you would assume it's Tim because of the hair.  But look at that cape.  It's pointed, like Batman's.  Maybe the cowl is off and Bruce's hair is messed up?  If so, who is he cradling?  The hand draped down is gloved.  Tim?

If they did that, he might really flip out. I'd almost feel sorry for the killer when he gets to them.

The current theory is that it's Robin craddling his dead father