TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Damaramu

All vegetarian meal.

Ok so I was trying to think of some good all vegetarian meals that would taste halfway decent but it's not coming to me. Anyone here ever gone the veggie route? I was thinking of doing it for just a week and seeing what happens.

Weird Al was convinced to become a vegetarian based on a book he read. You should find out what that was and read it. I bet there's recipes in it.

The thing is, if you actually have access to a vegetarian/vegan chef, then they can make some pretty damn good meals, I mean stuff you have never heard of or could think would come from mere fruits and vegetables, but if it was just me trying to make a meal out of vegetables, I wouldn't know what to do besides slice em up, throw em in a skillet and grill them up(sp?) them...

Spinach and Walnut Fettucini Alfredo. Get you fat in no time.

Eggplant Parmesan is OK.

I had Cactus tacos at a local Mexican joint. It had a tasty sauce, and the Cactus was surprisingly fleshy.

Of course, a good meal can be made out of some soup and a salad.

Some of the Veggie burgers are OK too.

One of my favorites is a vegetarian version of mapo-tofu that uses asparagus instead of minced pork. It's basically: tofu, asparagus, green onions, various peppers, chili black bean paste, and soy sauce. A really nice spicy dish that is best served with some plain rice.

Coincidently, I went to my favorite Philly restaurant yesterday for lunch. It is a vegan Chinese place that makes mock meat meals. They use combinations of mushrooms, bean curds, tofu and other shit. If I could replicate the taste I would never eat meat again, purely because it is better than anything else I have ever had.

You know, we've got a place just like that in Seattle, it's awesome.

I think they just make Kung Pao chicken and call it vegetarian so people can marvel at how meat-like it is.

Guest Brian

You can substitue a combo of tofu into most marinated dishes, and cut down on marinating time. Good for stir-fry.

Somosa's are fantastic. For those who dont know they are basically potato pastries with curry and indian seasoning. most have peas, I like mine without. Great in sweet and sour sauce, or even chile sauce. good god, Im hungry now

As a vegetarian, my favorite meal is to sauté jalapeños, green, red and yellow peppers and tomatos with a touch of garlic mix it with plain Prego over some pasta, fettuccine works best. Sometimes I add tofu, sometimes cheese. If you want any advice on the frozen vegetarian meals, feel free to ask as I live off of them. Since no ones asked why the interest in vegetarian meals?

You know, I'd be interested in an instance where tofu tastes good, because I've had it a handful of times, and it makes me nauseous. I even grew to like anchovies after 4 or 5 attempts.

If you have a frozen tofu meal which will not make me barf, please tell me.

Guest Brian
You know, I'd be interested in an instance where tofu tastes good, because I've had it a handful of times, and it makes me nauseous. I even grew to like anchovies after 4 or 5 attempts.

I personally don't know because I don't depend on the stuff, and everything I use has an animal base of some sort (either meat that I've substituted some out of using Tofu or stock in a soup). I've had some thai dishes that I don't know the name for, which is where I'd look for. It does make for good smoothies, which I guess is really the only tofu-solo application I have. Actually, when I was in Viet Nam, I did have this spectacular tofu dish in fish sauce.

I grill my tofu and have it in BBQ sauce. Umm.

I had some nachos w/ tofu in Jamaica Plain, MA that were the best goddamn nachos I've ever had in my life.

You ate something you found in JP? You got balls, man.

And a vegetarian meal? Just eat pizza, yo.