TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

Castlevania movie poster unveiled

I like it. :huh:

Except for the tag line and hyping up RE and AVP. I like the actual logo's font and look more then the games.

The big draw has to be the question "can Paul WS Anderson, given a smaller budget, likely a less talented cast, and a similar concept, possibly make a movie worse than Van Helsing?"

I have faith that he can. He just needs to find a more flamingly gay Dracula, a stiffer Belmont than Hugh Jackman, and he can make Milla Jovavich the obligatory magic-using girl...who knows martial arts...and ends up laying the smack down on Dracula after whatever Belmont is featured dies in the 2nd act.

I don't mind the font. Konami hasn't used the classic Castlevania font in several years and the one they use now ain't nothing great either.

Here since Andrew's link doesn't work.

And moved since this is a movie.

Original link works for me, and it could technically go in either.

I think they should have said Mortal Kombat instead of AVP. I love the first Mortal Kombat.

AVP/RE is more recent.

Plus for some stupid reason, those movies made buttloads of money--well, mostly on DVDs, but still.

I'm still holding out hope that this'll turn out to be another Metroid, with all talks of it being sucked into oblivion, but it isn't looking good.

Yeah, both movies have sequels in the works (two more with RE!) so I guess it makes sense from a general marketing point of view.

I still want a LoZ movie as long as a hack isn't behind it.

Come on now, Mortal Kombat was fun, Event Horizon was decent if not very strange and Resident Evil was ok. Nothing will be worse than Van Helsing, Andrew...I refuse to believe that!

Come on now, Mortal Kombat was fun, Event Horizon was decent if not very strange and Resident Evil was ok. Nothing will be worse than Van Helsing, Andrew...I refuse to believe that!

Believe me--I don't think that Paul is just going to roll out of bed and make a worse movie than Van Helsing without even trying.

He's going to have to *work* at it, and I have faith he can pull it off.

Note from Kotaku:

FILM gives us a gander at the teaser poster for the upcoming Castlevania flick directed by Paul W.S. Anderson. Ok, the image is very moody and foggy... wait, "Dracula Begins" ? Oh boy, this is going to get ugly.

After supposedly being dropped by Dimension films over a disagreement about Mr. Anderson's less than stellar script, Universals' Rouge Pictures has picked up the project. A lot of people have dogged Anderson and talked about what terrible movies he makes. I wholeheartedly agree. In general his movies are large piles of crap on stale toast not fit for human or animal consumption.

There is that small side of me though that loves the guilty pleasure I get watching the D movie antics of Resident Evil in all it's crappy Saturday afternoon matinee glory. I get the same warm (read:nauseous) feeling watching those RE zombies eat human flesh as I do watching Elizabeth Berkeley devour that hamburger in Showgirls. There's no doubt in my mind that the Castlevania movie will suck, I just hope it sucks in the most cinematically awesome way.

Flynn De Marco

I wonder what the disagreement was?

I'm calling it right now--Milla Jovavich is Sonia Belmont! Count on it.

I thought Uwe Boll bought the rights to make all bad video game movies. What I think the cast will look like: Paul Walker as Belmont, Jason Bateman as Dracula, Josh Hartnett as Alucard, Justin Long as the wacky sidekick, and the award for "I used to be a good actor but need the money" goes to Willem Dafoe as the end boss #2.

Terrible poster for a terrible movie that is made by a terrible director.

At least they'll butcher the story of the Belmont clan and leave the best story of Castlevania (Symphony Of the Night) alone until a much better director comes along.

I still want a LoZ movie as long as a hack isn't behind it.

I've always been a proponant of the idea that a Legend of Zelda movie should be done by the Lord of the Rings people.

As for Castlevania: The Movie...as long as the Belmont in the movie doesn't act like "Captain N" version Simon Belmont, it shouldn't be TOO bad.

DMC = Capcom game, had its roots in a next-gen Resident Evil engine.

Castlevania (N64) and Legacy of Darkness = Konami published games developed by Konami Computer Entertainment Kyoto. The first game was rushed out for Christmas as an unfinished mess, and the later, much better Legacy of Darkness was pretty damn good for the time period. I like it myself.

However, 9 out of 10 hack game reviewers preface their reviews of Castlevania games by saying "boy, those N64 games sucked." Most of the time they never played the games or didn't know Legacy of Darkness existed.

The N64 CVs were less the hardcore action games the classics were, and more platforming/exploration games.

So no.

However, spiritually, DMC takes a lot of hints from Castlevania. Iga wishes he could make a 3D Castlevania that good.